What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New stadium - 2025

GongPanther

Referee
Rooty Hill is in Blacktown. Penrith ends at at around Marsden Rd St Marys.
I meant the football district boundaries, not the council areas. For clarification, what are those boundaries? Is it from Bathurst to Blacktown from West to East, and Hawksbury to St Clair (guess) from North to South?

murraymob

Coach
Should be built more in the central part of the Penrith region. Putting this ground in a place where there would be less traffic problems, and less parking congestion would be to move it to Rooty Hill. There is more of a population catchment area were it would be sold out every game. One other point is to get a soccer team out there as well to utilize the ground in summer.
I take it you have not been to rooty hill recently .getting in and out would be a nightmare not to mention the train station is not considered a major stop on the western line
the afl set up base there and soon discovered it would not work

murraymob

Coach
I meant the football district boundaries, not the council areas. For clarification, what are those boundaries? Is it from Bathurst to Blacktown from West to East, and Hawksbury to St Clair (guess) from North to South?
Blacktown is Penrith Seven hills is parramatta

murraymob

Coach
Yeah I lived with my grandfather and uncle in Mt Druitt for a year and could walk to training. Though it's been nearly 30 years.
Demographic change in any area but as a kid that ground was my druitt dragons. Hebersham had its own team now called my druitt city Whalen had its own team lethridge park
It was a booming area loaded with kids

WestyLife

First Grade
Demographic change in any area but as a kid that ground was my druitt dragons. Hebersham had its own team now called my druitt city Whalen had its own team lethridge park
It was a booming area loaded with kids

From the age of 8 I lived in QLD until I?was late teens so I have no idea how it all changed over the years. Even now I'm on the central coast and drive down for games.

GongPanther

Referee
Blacktown to Katoomba

blacktown furthest point towards city Katoomba in the mountain Windsor Richmond then to Glenmoore park.rouse hill is the start of the parra area towards city
Thanks, how far does it go to the South-East, or does it simply follow that freeway toward Blacktown?

murraymob

Coach
Thanks, how far does it go to the South-East, or does it simply follow that freeway toward Blacktown?
Blacktown to the m4 other side of m4 is industrial .Also industrial to eastern creek from there to the mountains its Penrith both sides of freeway m4 to seven hills is ours

age.s

First Grade
Rooty Hill sport complex is 5 minutes from my place. Penrith playing there would be amazing on a personal level. It is actually a very convenient part of the city to live in. The m4 and m7 intersecting there gives you a huge potential catchment. Most of the city is no more the 35 minutes drive away.

On an identity level itd be a huge mistake though. One of our strengths as a club is a strong tie to a specific region. Look how badly the Tigers flounder as a Balmain/Campbelltown/Western Sydney club. We shouldn't give ours up so (mostly) opposition fans can have an easier time getting to our home games.

WestyLife

First Grade
Rooty Hill sport complex is 5 minutes from my place. Penrith playing there would be amazing on a personal level. It is actually a very convenient part of the city to live in. The m4 and m7 intersecting there gives you a huge potential catchment. Most of the city is no more the 35 minutes drive away.

On an identity level itd be a huge mistake though. One of our strengths as a club is a strong tie to a specific region. Look how badly the Tigers flounder as a Balmain/Campbelltown/Western Sydney club. We shouldn't give ours up so (mostly) opposition fans can have an easier time getting to our home games.

Yep it'd be a big mistake moving up there. Infrastructure should keep improving as the west becomes more populated.