What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 - Squad, Signings, Re-signings

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Updating our list for 2022:

Off - contract players 2021:
Brittain - no offer imo
Dufty - gone
Ellis - no offer imo
Fuimaono - will be re-signed
Norman - gone
Periera - gone (Broncos)
Williame - probably re-signed (imo)
H. Lomax (DS) - i dont think so

7 off-contract, only possibly 2 to carry over into 2022 (not counting H. Lomax).

So assuming our squad of 30 is completed by Aug 1, then for next year we would start with:
23 confirmed
Add Molo = 24
Add 2 re-signings = 26
I would say both Amone and Sloan will be added to the top 30 list = 28

Basically, we are looking for 2 signings for 2022, as I see it.

The DS squad will also be upgraded with possibly 6 new players added (imo).
Eg: Coric, JHunt, Muhleisen, Sherab, O'Ofou, Schiller (and there are a few more also)

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Updating our list for 2022:

Off - contract players 2021:
Brittain - no offer imo
Dufty - gone
Ellis - no offer imo
Fuimaono - will be re-signed
Norman - gone
Periera - gone (Broncos)
Williame - probably re-signed (imo)
H. Lomax (DS) - i dont think so

7 off-contract, only possibly 2 to carry over into 2022 (not counting H. Lomax).

So assuming our squad of 30 is completed by Aug 1, then for next year we would start with:
23 confirmed
Add Molo = 24
Add 2 re-signings = 26
I would say both Amone and Sloan will be added to the top 30 list = 28

Basically, we are looking for 2 signings for 2022, as I see it.

The DS squad will also be upgraded with possibly 6 new players added (imo).
Eg: Coric, JHunt, Muhleisen, Sherab, O'Ofou, Schiller (and there are a few more also)
Hopefully, one of those two signings will be a proven top-level back rower like TPJ- Sims imo is no longer able to produce consistent high level performances. Also, a bit nervous about our centre/wing options. We've lost Pereira. Williame, like Norman, has only started producing form after two years of mediocrity with the club. Rava seems incapable of learning with his defence and gets put on report far too often. The Feagais imo are still to prove that they're week in week out NRL level players.

mickeylane

Bench
Hopefully, one of those two signings will be a proven top-level back rower like TPJ- Sims imo is no longer able to produce consistent high level performances. Also, a bit nervous about our centre/wing options. We've lost Pereira. Williame, like Norman, has only started producing form after two years of mediocrity with the club. Rava seems incapable of learning with his defence and gets put on report far too often. The Feagais imo are still to prove that they're week in week out NRL level players.
Id look at signing Fergurson for 2 years...proven winger

Dragon David

First Grade
Too bad Saab and Garrick left us. They played well today.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Id look at signing Fergurson for 2 years...proven winger
I would take Fergo, or Isaako or even someone like Anthony Don would be good as a mid season signing and for a year next year. Big tall and solid he could do a job while the Ramsey, Feagai and Sloans of the world get up to speed as solid first graders.

boardlumps62

Juniors
I would take Fergo, or Isaako or even someone like Anthony Don would be good as a mid season signing and for a year next year. Big tall and solid he could do a job while the Ramsey, Feagai and Sloans of the world get up to speed as solid first graders.
Isaako may respond to Hook if he is available can kick goals plays fullback and young and strong.

getsmarty

Immortal
Getsmarty do we depth on the wings, and a goal kicker, what’s your view. I know forwards are our biggest need at the moment. Thanks

@ George Dragon would be able to fill us in better...All I know is that we are looking to bolster forwards.........Griffin has also openly stated this....Harder to get info these days...former mob leaked like a sieve... current guys are shrewd operators...That's all I can say.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Isaako may respond to Hook if he is available can kick goals plays fullback and young and strong.
Another possibililty is the Sharks Hiroti-still unsigned according to their website- yes, I know, was responsible for that high shot, but at 22, has loads of potential. A former Junior Kiwi, good speed and finishing skills, tall, 95 kgs, can kick goals- has Mulitalo, Katoa and Tracey ahead of him at the Sharks so should come pretty cheap.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
@ George Dragon would be able to fill us in better...All I know is that we are looking to bolster forwards.........Griffin has also openly stated this....Harder to get info these days...former mob leaked like a sieve... current guys are shrewd operators...That's all I can say.

Webb also alluded to this is the podcast this week.
Looking at recruiting a 'quality' forward (no names mentioned of course). Also, I believe a utility back/forward.

I also think they will be looking very closely at promoting Josh Coric into the top 30 (my opinion only) and lock him into a long term contract.

Webb also mentioned 5 spots remaining for 2022, with the possibility of a couple more re-signings.

I think we will see a lot of change in the DS next year also.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Just further to my post above, and going back over what Webb said in the RedVPodcast (from about 20min 20 sec to 21min 30 sec marks)

4 or 5 spots available for next year, so basically 25 or 26 already on the list for 2022.

Interesting though:

There are 21 "official" signings:
Alvaro, Bird, Burns, Clune, DeBelin, Faamausili, Mat Feagai, Max Feagai, Ford, Hunt, Kerr, Lawrie, Lomax, McCullough, Maguire, Molo, Ramsey, Ravalawa, Sims, Sullivan & Vaughan.

= 8 middle forwards

= 5 backs
= 4 edge forwards
= 3 halves
= 1 hooker

So, I think 2 will be promoted from the DS:
Amone & Sloan

= 1 half (now makes 4)
= 1 back (now makes 6)

Players who are off contract who we may look to re-sign:
Fuimaono & Williame (possibly Beale?)

= 1 utility forward/back
= 1 (possibly 2) back

This would get us to the 4 or 5 spots available statement Webb has suggested.

Webb says they are looking at a big body forward.

I would think that a utility hooker in the mold of what role Hunt plays for QLD would be beneficial as well, with Fui covering the forwards as an edge/lock/centre option. Maguire can "fill-in" at hooker, but wouldn't be that effective other than passing the ball ie: no running game from dummy half or alternative kicker and certainly no dash. Young Muhleisen is a couple of years away (coincide with Maccas contract).
This is why I think Nikorima would be a good buy for 2 years, can play hooker, fullback and in the halves and used as the Ben Hunt type utility (I think they've tried it with Clune for example).

Our bench would be for example, 2 props, Fui (as the utility forward) and Nikorima (as the utility back and X-factor).

Latest posts