What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd15: Parra v Bulldogs GAME DAY thread @ BankWest Stadium 20/6/21

hineyrulz

Post Whore
The fact that you can laugh at yourself is a very good quality that most of us lack. Made me chuckle!
Well i know i'm a gibbering idiot that loses his shit most games watching Parra.

PS - i still think our attack is horrible and won't challenge the top sides.

hindy111

Post Whore
He's only 20.
I'm happy with his contribution in attack, tbh - his kicking game has improved.

I think its average. A few times we had overlaps and he didn't pass. Other times nothing was on and he gives it to a guy under pressure. I see glimpses however of life. And it won't take much for him to be chasing the right decision and looking good.
I like the fact he is kicking more cause his execution is quite good

lucablight

First Grade
Spoken like a merkin who wants us to score on every set.
What a straw man. I am struggling to understand how you’re literally defending a player being predictable in attack. Are you honestly saying D Brown shouldn’t be throwing more passes to put his team mates over/put the defence in two minds when we’re attacking the opposition 20?

strider

Post Whore
I came in at half time to give my thoughts on the game, we were dreadful. I don't think we got that much better the Dogs offered zero and completed 6 sets. But yeah we won we should be very excited because we beat the might of the Dogs.

How dare i give my opinion!!! f**king pea heart i am.
Well i never called you a peaheart .... but you are a self confessed whinger, who now claims to enjoy posting away from parra fans. I imagine its so you can feel comfortable shit bagging your team without comebacks .... tho you should feel safe in here, there are plenty of others who love to post when the going is shit too

strider

Post Whore
You didn’t say anything wrong mate. We struggled against the team coming LAST.
Do you think every team thats put 40 on the dogs this year has played wonderfully all game?

Every 2nd f**ker said they were worried cos of the weather. We shot ourselves in the foot over and over that first half. Tho i reckon we were still the better team for all but about the last 15 mins. Im sure everyone will agree we struggled to get ontop. But we got our shit together to win.

hindy111

Post Whore
This is my thoughts.

Gutherson and N.Brown are consistently our best. N.Brown I felt was going backwards but his last 6 weeks have been awesome.

Moses is solid but can force things to often. He played settled in 2md half but in first didn't try and force or build pressure.

Papalì is maybe one of the best 2nd rowers in the competition. Anyone who think Matterson is close has rocks in head. I don't get the Matterson love. I do not rate him that highly. He is a solid NRL player and nothing more.

Waqa is not being used properly. But it was wet. When we are in trouble spread the ball early and give him space. It won't mean a line break but you will gain 15-20mtrs.

I think guys are harsh on Haze and Russel. In the wet big powerfull wingers are far more advantaged. But Cotric is an origin player. Russel held his own. Was also a few times we saw glimpses of what speed can do when Haze was put in space. Shame about ankle tap otherwise its a try. He seen a bit of an opening and his speed and acceleration almost turned into a try. Blake or Sivo means not enough take off to get the space and instead of a possible try its just a step back inside for a 10 to carry. Persist with the kids. Theyl need 25 games before they even get up to the speed of NRL.....

Overall this season I feel we play to safe. Id like to see us move the ball a little more inside our own half. This curre t style just won't trouble any of the top sides.

hindy111

Post Whore
Do you think every team thats put 40 on the dogs this year has played wonderfully all game?

Every 2nd f**ker said they were worried cos of the weather. We shot ourselves in the foot over and over that first half. Tho i reckon we were still the better team for all but about the last 15 mins. Im sure everyone will agree we struggled to get ontop. But we got our shit together to win.

Do you feel we have this conversation to often? We never seem to be able to put 80mins together unfortunately.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
What a straw man. I am struggling to understand how you’re literally defending a player being predictable in attack. Are you honestly saying D Brown shouldn’t be throwing more passes to put his team mates over/put the defence in two minds when we’re attacking the opposition 20?
You're not happy with the amount of points we score? Or just not happy with who is setting them up?

84 Baby

Referee

But but but we struggle when the opposition turns up to play, except when we win then it’s obvious the opposition didn’t actually turn up