What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd15: Parra v Bulldogs GAME DAY thread @ BankWest Stadium 20/6/21

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I don't know what to make of Waqa. He almost never looks like he's going to try and set up his winger
It's not the 80s ffs. 'Setting up the winger' isn't the purpose of centres these days. Their jobs are to defend the edge, chase kicks and contribute in attack how they can. For Blake that is with hit ups, not helping the opposition use the sideline as an extra defender.

Most wingers score tries on the end of a block play where the centre was a decoy. It's the fullback or one of the halves who throws the final pass.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Well i never called you a peaheart .... but you are a self confessed whinger, who now claims to enjoy posting away from parra fans. I imagine its so you can feel comfortable shit bagging your team without comebacks .... tho you should feel safe in here, there are plenty of others who love to post when the going is shit too
No you didn't call me a pea heart but some other Nuffy did, i'm not the only Eels fan who enjoys posting away from here when Eels games are on. And it's got nothing with me being uncomfortable shit bagging my own team i have always done it on here when i feel it's warranted, i am also happy to praise the team when they deserve it. People only see the negative i post and thats fine. but i am a whinging irrational shitbag.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
It's not the 80s ffs. 'Setting up the winger' isn't the purpose of centres these days. Their jobs are to defend the edge, chase kicks and contribute in attack how they can. For Blake that is with hit ups, not helping the opposition use the sideline as an extra defender.

Most wingers score tries on the end of a block play where the centre was a decoy. It's the fullback or one of the halves who throws the final pass.
Block play? Sounds like some made up bullshit Pou term.

TheRam

Coach
Gutho really hogging the ball today……

Yes he really did at different stages, but it points to a bigger team issue overall. We just don't have the basics down pat as a strong base to work off.

I mean as an example I was filthy at Gutho in the last 13mins and 24sec mark of the game. Gutho received the ball with 4 players on his outside(right side shoulder) and only one edge defender to draw and pass and we would have had a 3 on 1 or 2 on one depending who he chose to pass to and instead he jinked and came back inside and took a very meek tackle. Freakin ridiculous and very myopic, common stuff up by one of our playmakers. Their inability to do the basics so often is unbelievable. I don't know what to say anymore. We are just not a very well coached team. Period. We have a power game, but that's it. We don't know how to finesse the ball well, especially against the better teams.

All we really did today again is just out power a lesser team that finally broke and started to make errors that allowed us to capitalise. Great when playing lesser teams. Won't be so great when we play the stronger ones that know how to defend well and count numbers in attack.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
No you didn't call me a pea heart but some other Nuffy did, i'm not the only Eels fan who enjoys posting away from here when Eels games are on. And it's got nothing with me being uncomfortable shit bagging my own team i have always done it on here when i feel it's warranted, i am also happy to praise the team when they deserve it. People only see the negative i post and thats fine. but i am a whinging irrational shitbag.
Shut your shitty irrational shitbag mince hole and get me a kraken and semen you f**ken mincer!

hindy111

Post Whore
Our next 4 games determine if we finish top 4 imo.

We have

Panthers
Titans
Canberra
Roosters

All are away bar Canberra. If we won 3/4 and the one against Rooster being most important of lot we are certain for top 4 imo. But none are easy games. Titans away will be an interesting one.

Anyhows we have wrapped a top 8 spot up and its only rnd 15.
Not bad

Incorrect

Coach

Semantics merkin. Let me retract my "set up his winger" phrasing with something a lot more simple - "maybe pass to his outside man when the opportunity presents itself"...

Happy Merkin?! FFS

In summary - Waqa can't pass a footy when in motion. Not a deficiency that lends itself to great centre play....