What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should Dale Finucane Be a Dragons Target For 2022

possm

Coach
I think it would be great if the Dragons chased Dale Finucane for 2022 and beyond. With a bit of a cleanout being carried out (Norman, Dufty, Pereira, Ellis, and maybe some others), there seems to be enough salary cap to bring him to our club to partner Vaughan in the run-on side. There maybe even some room for another first-grade prop.

With a back row of Sims, Bird, and e Belin, our forward pack would have to a least match that of the top 4 clubs:

Vaughan
B Smith
Finucane
Sims
Bird
De Belin

Molo
Lawrie
McGuire
McCullough

This has to be a pack that other clubs will take notice of.

Last edited:

possm

Coach
He won’t come and we don’t need him. JDB is better. Welch would have been very nice when we had the chance though.
We badly need 1 if not 2 new first-grade props for 2022. JDB is by far our best solution for the lock position. Welch is not off contract but Dale Finucane is.

matPORTS

Juniors
All very nice in theory. Yes, that is a pack the rest of the comp will take notice of, and we will have some depth with Alvaro, Burns, Fa'masulli, Fuimaono...

If we got both Finucane & Cheese I will take back every criticism I've ever put forth about our off field management of the club and football team (I might even be willing to say that Mary can coach)...

But now I remember why I (and most of us here) criticise them in the first place. We just don't have it in us (whether by skill or simply not willing to pay the piper) to make these big coup signings.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I'd have a crack at Nikorima. Would be a handy bench utility that could be used as a hooking option for spurts in a game. Very speedy and elusive. Can also play in the halves and at fullback if required. Can kick goals also.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
We badly need 1 if not 2 new first-grade props for 2022. JDB is by far our best solution for the lock position. Welch is not off contract but Dale Finucane is.
He wants to stay at the Storm, I see him more as a lock. Just like the Cheese he’s not coming here. We just need to bide our time. If we can string a few wins together to end the season and sneak into the finals we will be a lot more attractive to a better quality player.

getsmarty

Immortal
He wants to stay at the Storm, I see him more as a lock. Just like the Cheese he’s not coming here. We just need to bide our time. If we can string a few wins together to end the season and sneak into the finals we will be a lot more attractive to a better quality player.

We are currently looking.... Cheese wants to play hooker...so was never an option for us....Finucane will be 30 @ the end of this year...wants a long term deal and big dollars....So again, not on our radar.

Last edited:

getsmarty

Immortal
Finucane will stay at the Storm imo.

We just have to be patient and see who comes on the market. We are active at present, the feelers are out. But the right deal at the right price first.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Why not..

He’ll make some great offloads for Tedesco to trail him for..

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I'll play along:

pye 3 in 1 stereo
tenor.gif

BBTB

Juniors
Big no! Hook is a good investor, doesn't like to pay retail prices, definately not full price for old models going out of date. I doubt we will ever see Hook go after someone from a team in the top 4 unless they are on the outer.
Not for me.... Dale F. Is on the down..... Waste of money. Waste of time.

Maddragon99

Juniors
Dale Finucane is a very good player & a total professional off the field as well. After the COVID debacle we definitely need some new leaders off the park. Paul Vaughan should really have his contact torn up after his house party.