What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rava being rubbed out

st.phil

Bench
The NRL is officially targeting Ravalawa… an instinctive bump driving with the shoulder at hip level becomes a three week suspension. Nowhere near the head and in no way dangerous. Dragons mgmt need to show some stones and challenge this and weaponise the NRLs overly harsh focus on Mikale

Illusion

Bench
The NRL is officially targeting Ravalawa… an instinctive bump driving with the shoulder becomes a three week suspension. Nowhere near the head and in no way dangerous. Dragons mgmt need to show some stones and challenge this and weaponise the NRLs overly harsh focus on Mikale
Its becoming a complete joke everything about the game they are like you say changing the game to a certain type of player and Rav won't be one of them ......

Last edited:

boardlumps62

Juniors
I hope they challenge and Rava gets off - enough is enough, make some noise Dragons f
I have deleted the Raiders match so going by memory. Did the ref put Ravalawa's tackle on report when the incident occurred? If not how is he being charged. The MRC or Bunker involvement or what?

St Tangles

Bench
I don't like the thought that some officials have a vendetta against the Dragons, but I'm thinking that some in fact do. No matter what the circumstances and it could be only slight but that slight is taken to the nth degree by the MRC when our players are involved.

Our club should definitely challenge the decision on the latest charge on Rava. They have got to show that they have balls and not udders.
I don't like thinking that either but he has form with Saints from his video ref days.

Wether his bias is Intentional or not I don't know but he has shown enough that he should not be allowed to rule on our games.

Gareth67

First Grade
And so they should it would be interesting to hear what the dickheads try to say about the tackle.

Sincerely hope that their response is not choreographed by the NRL .

As to Patten I just don’t know what happened to him , but some of his decisions over the years have left me perplexed to say the least .

And to think that he was once a Dragon . 🤔

FlameThrower

Bench
NRL tinkering of the rules has ruined the fabric of the game. Way too many penalties and half the time the other player is falling or slipping over. To have players sent off now for non event tackles is a joke and pretty much gifts the opposing side 6-12 points! The Bunker also coming in after the event is just micro management and nit picking at the very least. I have not seen a decent game in weeks and these blow out scores are an embarrassment to the game.

boardlumps62

Juniors
NRL tinkering of the rules has ruined the fabric of the game. Way too many penalties and half the time the other player is falling or slipping over. To have players sent off now for non event tackles is a joke and pretty much gifts the opposing side 6-12 points! The Bunker also coming in after the event is just micro management and nit picking at the very least. I have not seen a decent game in weeks and these blow out scores are an embarrassment to the game.
You are correct except the Dragons v Raiders was a good close game in the second half and Sharks v Cowboys was good. Others shit I can't watch blow out games. It's the six again crap trying to make the game faster but it's not. Add a sendoff even 10 min with repeat 6 again one teams ends up exhausted then flogged. Hate Vlandy your losing me.

ALSGI

Bench
The NRL is officially targeting Ravalawa… an instinctive bump driving with the shoulder at hip level becomes a three week suspension. Nowhere near the head and in no way dangerous. Dragons mgmt need to show some stones and challenge this and weaponise the NRLs overly harsh focus on Mikale
Wouldn’t surprise me if it was pay back for Hooks comment at the presser about how confusing it is to work out how the Refs/Bunker come up with some penalties.
Merkins.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Geez they really target the Saints and and picking on Rava? Saints should have challenged the other 2 as well as due to this he has a bad record. They could have easily got off the others as well but just took the early plea which came back to hurt them.

If Kafusi can get off for not tripping that player which was clearly the case then anything is possible. Then again Rava was wearing the jersey that carries loadings.

Latest posts