What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd15: Parra v Bulldogs GAME DAY thread @ BankWest Stadium 20/6/21

IFR33K

Coach
Nobody's suggesting we're the best team in the comp. However you seem to be suggesting the reason is coaching, despite zero evidence. Our lack of Origin representation points more toward lack of playing talent being the problem, however fans always overrate their players while blaming the coach for everything. It's the same with fans at every club, year after year.

If we play to our strengths it’s good against the weaker teams. But it won’t unsettle the stronger teams in the competition. Is that blaming the coach? I just think we need to find another plan to unsettle the likes of Penrith and Melbourne

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
If we play to our strengths it’s good against the weaker teams. But it won’t unsettle the stronger teams in the competition. Is that blaming the coach? I just think we need to find another plan to unsettle the likes of Penrith and Melbourne
I agree, and to be fair, we attacked very differently in the finals and scored more than our season average in both games, despite playing against two of the stronger teams. But there's no point showing your whole arse before the finals.

84 Baby

Referee
I think it’s one of the Super cool moves, it’s been working an absolute treat.
I don’t mean to burst your bubble, but I don’t think there’s any super cool moves coming. Not soon anyway
If by super cool moves you mean off the back of the scrum, Gutho drifting to the left, Waqa brilliantly selling a run back infield (that we set up sets before by dumping it to him) that froze their centre giving us a 2 on 1 saloon run for Russell to score, then no we don’t have super cool moves.
We also did an identical play last week but in general play and swapping Moses for Gutho and Sivo for Russell.
There’s also the aforementioned Rheed to Junior wraparound. And on Junior, there was the RCG try yesterday where again we set up earlier for the dump out to Moses.
You two need to adjust what you think super cool moves are. This isn’t FIFA on PlayStation

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
I think we could be better at it, particularly around Drown, but rarely will you see Paulo go to the line by himself. And Nrown if he isn’t kamikazing back against the ruck (I’m f**ken loving that at the moment, one of the sexiest runs in the game) often goes to line with at least one other runner. It’s what allows our forwards to utilise their power.

One of our best support runs happens on the kick-off. I've noticed it a couple of times now. Hopefully, but highly unlikely, opposition teams haven't clocked onto it. Maybe we're playing the long game with it?

emjaycee

Coach
Just checked our game yesterday.
6 tries scored.
2 from kicks if you include Moses' penalty try otherwise only Matto's from an attacking kick (not a grubber).
1 from a decent line break (Lanes)
1 from a block play near the line (RCG's)
2 from left side shifts including one from a scrum move (Russel's x 2)

Did I miss anything about our reliance on kicks to score all our tries?

BTW, Manly scored 11 tries yesterday.
3 from grubber kicks
2 long range from line breaks (Saab and Walker to DCE)
1 from TommyT with just strength close to the line
5 from left side shifts where Garrick crossed for 4

Oh and the Titans scored 4 from grubbers.

Guess we don't rely on kicks to score tries as much as some would think.

84 Baby

Referee
I think everyone thinks that. But there’s no point even trying to find that plan against the Dogs. The next few months is when we can find that game plan.
It was same with Scum on Saturday. I don’t think Bellamy is thinking that’s the game plan he’ll use against everyone because it will rely too much on whatever opposition to be as woeful as Wigers were

Still don't think we support the ball carrier enough to give them options to pass to. Except perhaps RCG all our players have a pass/offload in them and should have support players pushing up on both sides if nothing else than to put the defence into two minds. Thought Gutho was poor in parts and hogged the ball rather than passing. Finally he came good later in the game.

Our first half was very poor and if we play like that against the good sides we'll get flogged. Oh wait, what, we already did against Souths and Manly.
Spot on mate.

Latest posts