What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rava being rubbed out

hewi

Bench
Am I correct in saying the penalty and report on Bird I was called an accidental hit. FFS if it’s accidental why is there even a penalty. Have a look at the hit on Hunter Clark in the AFL that broke his jaw, went to the tribunal and was ruled accidental a sad accident that happens in the game. Wake up NRL if some one is falling you can’t hang a player out for hitting them in the head it’s just part and parcel of the game.

Blood&Bandage

Juniors
Geez they really target the Saints and and picking on Rava? Saints should have challenged the other 2 as well as due to this he has a bad record. They could have easily got off the others as well but just took the early plea which came back to hurt them.

If Kafusi can get off for not tripping that player which was clearly the case then anything is possible. Then again Rava was wearing the jersey that carries loadings.
And his forearm/head slam on the Parramatta player

Lovemedragons

Juniors
The NRL is officially targeting Ravalawa… an instinctive bump driving with the shoulder at hip level becomes a three week suspension. Nowhere near the head and in no way dangerous. Dragons mgmt need to show some stones and challenge this and weaponise the NRLs overly harsh focus on Mikale
Be clever Dragons - play the racial card and cry to the media that the NRL judiciary have a systemic racism problem. You don't actually need any evidence these days, just an emotive accusation will do it. Then just sit back and watch the political animals like Mr V'Landys run for the hills. Rava will not only get off this silly charge but he will also instantly exonerated for all prior offences and then he will get the Dally M this year just for good measure.

getsmarty

Immortal
Be clever Dragons - play the racial card and cry to the media that the NRL judiciary have a systemic racism problem. You don't actually need any evidence these days, just an emotive accusation will do it. Then just sit back and watch the political animals like Mr V'Landys run for the hills. Rava will not only get off this silly charge but he will also instantly exonerated for all prior offences and then he will get the Dally M this year just for good measure.

your a naughty boy...

My fear is that by NOT challenging the other two charges, the judiciary will say this one is no different and therefore charges stand. Besides the fact all of them were just great rugby league tackles.

Gareth67

First Grade

I like , nothing wrong with that . If I had known that the Dragon hierarchy had actually grown a set then I could had arranged for my solicitor from Kandos to act on Rav’s behalf .

One of the best in the game - Horace Wingnut , the man is a regular Perry Mason and usually wins , well sometimes, but he is cheap , a carton of cigs and a few Scotch and Drys and he will move heaven and earth for his clients .

However I do hope that the Dragons have a suitable individual for the job , it would be nice to see egg all over the judiciary’s face .

Last edited:

blacksafake

First Grade
Clever GIF by memecandy

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
My fear is that by NOT challenging the other two charges, the judiciary will say this one is no different and therefore charges stand. Besides the fact all of them were just great rugby league tackles.
I guess they could just show evidence that shows the other two were fine too but given the crackdown, short suspension and timing they decided to cop it on the chin.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
They could also play them the Kaufusi hit to Normans head along with Crichton....and ask why they were not sited...
I’m sure they will dig up as many as they can find. At the very least they will highlight the inconsistencies of it all. Especially because conveniently both mentioned players are Origin players.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gareth67

First Grade
50FFB74C-E201-4A1E-A3E4-467F0D5525E6.jpeg
Link:https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...a/news-story/427524100ec7b2e93a4c7c1c4cfbfcf3

“ Dragon’s ‘ SERIAL OFFENDER ‘ ? ? ?

Going by this little chestnut ( courtesy of FoxSport ) it would appear that he is indeed a marked man .

Once again Rav is not a dirty player ! He undoubtedly puts everything into his ball and all tackles ( somewhat reminiscent of Kenny Maddison ) and they are nowhere near the head .

Why crucify the poor man ? Could it possibly be that coaches of opposing teams are afraid of the damage he is able do to their attacking structures ?

Last edited by a moderator:

jak

Bench
I like , nothing wrong with that . If I had known that the Dragon hierarchy had actually grown a set then I could had arranged for my solicitor from Kandos to act on Rav’s behalf .

One of the best in the game - Horace Wingnut , the man is a regular Perry Mason and usually wins , well sometimes, but he is cheap , a carton of cigs and a few Scotch and Drys and he will move heaven and earth for his clients .

However I do hope that the Dragons have a suitable individual for the job , it would be nice to see egg all over the judiciary’s face .
Horace Wingnut you say,are we talking alter ego here?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
View attachment 49788
Link:https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...a/news-story/427524100ec7b2e93a4c7c1c4cfbfcf3

“ Dragon’s ‘ SERIAL OFFENDER ‘ ? ? ?

Going by this little chestnut ( courtesy of FoxSport ) it would appear that he is indeed a marked man .

Once again Rav is not a dirty player ! He undoubtedly puts everything into his ball and all tackles ( somewhat reminiscent of Kenny Maddison ) and they are nowhere near the head .

Why crucify the poor man ? Could it possibly be that coaches of opposing teams are afraid of the damage he is able do to their attacking structures ?
And 'Roosters enforcer'.

Seems that the other charges over the weekend are considered 'controversial' while Rava has 'prior form'.

The media telling us what to think.