What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rava being rubbed out

getsmarty

Immortal
Can I please suggest that if people are going to write to the NRL or Journos... please be polite...being abusive will solve nothing. Put forward the inconsistencies eg Kaufusi/Munster etc...and ask how these players seem to get a free pass and why ours are being treated seemingly to a different standard.

Personally, I am incredibly gutted for Rava..... Absolute injustice.

possm

Coach
The NRL is officially targeting Ravalawa… an instinctive bump driving with the shoulder at hip level becomes a three week suspension. Nowhere near the head and in no way dangerous. Dragons mgmt need to show some stones and challenge this and weaponise the NRLs overly harsh focus on Mikale
I'd say it is time to sack our legal team and find people who can give our players better representation. We will lose Ravalawa to Union if we don't address this matter asap.

possm

Coach
Can I please suggest that if people are going to write to the NRL or Journos... please be polite...being abusive will solve nothing. Put forward the inconsistencies eg Kaufusi/Munster etc...and ask how these players seem to get a free pass and why ours are being treated seemingly to a different standard.

Personally, I am incredibly gutted for Rava..... Absolute injustice.
Just don't write to them at all. You can bet they will receive your email with a smile on their face. We have no friends in the media or at NRL HQ right now. Our CEO and Board need to address this matter as soon as possible.

Dragon David

First Grade
That's it fellas. There will be no tackling allowed in rugby league games from henceforth. Just catch the ball and then run to the try line and score as no-one is allowed to tackle you.

I'm just taking the mickey as I am a Dragons supporter and not happy with the decision on Rava. Poor kid, from henceforth he will be so worried when he is faced to tackle someone. The opposition will know that all they need to do is run at Rava in attack and score as he won't want to tackle.

A big psychological problem for him and our coaches need to re-assure him that he should go about his normal way of playing - but no shoulders at all in any tackles.

boardlumps62

Juniors
If you feel badly enough do what I will do
Not watch NRL (except Dragons) not watch SOO. Tell you mates friends Turn Off NRL as a protest. For those that go to games dobt. Their ratings will crash.

thebigredv

First Grade
Nup, this is wrong.

My attachment to this game is hanging by a fine thread at this point.

This is blatant, unashamed bias in the flesh, don't care if it is Rava, Langlands or Joe Bloggs, that was a ripper tackle and he is paying the price for wearing the jersey he does.

The systematic push to denigrate and oppress this once great club has been widely documented on this forum and its predecessor. I think I best stop watching this game before they kill off the Dragons altogether. It starts with utter disrespect and let's watch if anyone in the media wants to put their neck on the line to come into bat for Rava, for us, in this case. Crickets.

Dorsai

Juniors
Absolutely disgraceful. This is again a case of discrimination. If I was him I would go down that track and have them for that because it’s obvious they have it out for him.

frankly the only chance we have this season is to add a strip of blue to our jersey and then we may get the same special treatment that is obviously being dished out to other teams.

this whole judiciary debacle is just to target and continue to target certain players and clubs. I defy anyone on that judiciary panel, bunker team, or the NRL management to look anyone squarely in the face and deny that’s not the case.

this is all so we can have another Melbourne roosters final.

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
Nup, this is wrong.

My attachment to this game is hanging by a fine thread at this point.

This is blatant, unashamed bias in the flesh, don't care if it is Rava, Langlands or Joe Bloggs, that was a ripper tackle and he is paying the price for wearing the jersey he does.

The systematic push to denigrate and oppress this once great club has been widely documented on this forum and its predecessor. I think I best stop watching this game before they kill off the Dragons altogether. It starts with utter disrespect and let's watch if anyone in the media wants to put their neck on the line to come into bat for Rava, for us, in this case. Crickets.
Someone predicted this earlier.

Rooster will get off

Dragon will be guilty

It is a joke, but sadly many people thought it would happen.

I really thought Rava should fight it! Silly me.

boardlumps62

Juniors
That's it fellas. There will be no tackling allowed in rugby league games from henceforth. Just catch the ball and then run to the try line and score as no-one is allowed to tackle you.

I'm just taking the mickey as I am a Dragons supporter and not happy with the decision on Rava. Poor kid, from henceforth he will be so worried when he is faced to tackle someone. The opposition will know that all they need to do is run at Rava in attack and score as he won't want to tackle.

A big psychological problem for him and our coaches need to re-assure him that he should go about his normal way of playing - but no shoulders at all in any tackles.
Well please explain that to me will you how to tackle without you shoulders. That is how you tackle low that is why we have all this wrestling shit and head high crap because the art of tackling is lost. Jack De Belin needs to coach Rava.
If the NRL don't want shoulders in tackles I suggest they get the shirt tearers (AFL) to teach their method of tackling. That's right shirt tearers that's why they have no arms on their jumpers. That's what Rava will do if Jack does help him just use his arms to grab won't that be good to watch. Further can't you remember tackling bags and Tractor Tyres to practice tackling. What do you think that was for? To teach tackling with your shoulder. God I'm cranky sorry. No I'm not I'm over it.

blacksafake

First Grade
Disappointing & disgraceful decision.
How that tackle is worthy of a penalty is beyond me. I emailed the nrl asking why Kafusi wasn’t charged for his swinging arm to Norman’s head, still waiting for a reply, along with my email asking why Munster is allowed to kick players without being penalised. Still waiting for an answer there too. Maybe because I suggested they were storm players.

Crush

Coach
It’s really disappointing, my blood boils too if I’m honest.
But who we thinking to replace Rava for next month?
Fegai?
Is there any chance they’ll bring Sloan in?
Probs not hey, Dufty, Ramsey, Sloan would never get us out of our own end.
Has Pereria already gone?

This Year?

Immortal
Pathetic. I thought he had a wrapping action with his arm. The MRC can get f**ked. It's insane that in 2021 you can get sin binned for someone falling into your arm or shoulder or be suspended for 8 games for illegal tackles where one of them could be called a shoulder charge (even if it's not head high).

Last edited:

BLM01

First Grade
Just don't write to them at all. You can bet they will receive your email with a smile on their face. We have no friends in the media or at NRL HQ right now. Our CEO and Board need to address this matter as soon as possible.
Yeh sure..how do you want them to address this?

Gareth67

First Grade
I simply cannot believe the verdict nor the fact that their decision took only 5 minutes to reach .

As I said in another post recently- I hope that their decision has not been choreographed by the NRL , well it would appear that it has .

The poor bloke undoubtedly has a huge target on his back now and his days of tackling around the hips are well and truly over .

As for Rav , the man was an inspiring sight both in attack and defense , my heart goes out to him . He has done nothing wrong whatsoever , but as some have suggested he simply plays in the wrong jersey .

What a pack of spineless creatures the judiciary panel are , subservient to the whims of a ex-jockey whom is restructuring our rugby league to the dictates of the television moguls .

Absolutely shameful ! !

Last edited:

BLM01

First Grade
It’s really disappointing, my blood boils too if I’m honest.
But who we thinking to replace Rava for next month?
Fegai?
Is there any chance they’ll bring Sloan in?
Probs not hey, Dufty, Ramsey, Sloan would never get us out of our own end.
Has Pereria already gone?
No JP is still here as of yesterday.
But faarrrrqqq that...
I said we should of borrowed the Roosters lawyer. he got his player off.
Brown paper bags to judiciary full of lollies work a treat

BLM01

First Grade
I simply cannot believe the verdict nor the fact that their decision took only 5 minutes to reach .

As I said in another post recently- I hope that their decision has not been choreographed by the NRL , well it would appear that it has .

The poor bloke undoubtedly has a huge target on his back now and the days of tackling around the hips are well and truly over .

What a pack of A-holes they are !
We can appeal the judiciary decision if we are game.
I say lets do it.

Latest posts