What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rava being rubbed out

Dragon David

First Grade
Well please explain that to me will you how to tackle without you shoulders. That is how you tackle low that is why we have all this wrestling shit and head high crap because the art of tackling is lost. Jack De Belin needs to coach Rava.
If the NRL don't want shoulders in tackles I suggest they get the shirt tearers (AFL) to teach their method of tackling. That's right shirt tearers that's why they have no arms on their jumpers. That's what Rava will do if Jack does help him just use his arms to grab won't that be good to watch. Further can't you remember tackling bags and Tractor Tyres to practice tackling. What do you think that was for? To teach tackling with your shoulder. God I'm cranky sorry. No I'm not I'm over it.
So often did I see league players training with tackling bags and tyres and yes, the shoulder was the first contact then arms. I always thought that that was the way and I guess they don't practise with those things now. I'm surprised that there a not more upper arm injuries as a result.

JDB is the guy who Rava should have training sessions with.

Dragon David

First Grade
Just reading several comments on NRL Reddit and nearly all have said that they could not believe that the tackle warranted anything. It is just a great looking tackle that didn't even hurt Whitehead. Again, what an absolute joke and it just means that they should make it a touch footy premiership from now on, bloody hell on fire!

KiamaSaint

Coach
Scroll down to the bottom...

rasaint

Juniors
I mentioned earlier on this matter not to get your hopes up with Rava.
The MRC had already charged him. We all got on and read the NRL definition of “shoulder charge” and that basically wrap arms around a strong indication no shoulder charge.
Yet MRC still charged him.So I was thinking why? and actually posted that it must mean that a rejigging of “shoulder charge” definition is at play whereby the time delay between the 1st shoulder contact to the arm wrapping occurring in the tackle is a ‘new’ consideration but not yet explained or disclosed (I gather). I thought that would be a way the MRC and thereafter Judiciary could sink Rava even though he arm wrapped. Yes I follow Dragons but thought any ‘delay‘ in this case looks fraction of second. It looked a real good low tackle but hey I’m only fan.

Then I noticed that the honchos were redefining certain hits to the head, citing Robson? from Cows on Monday as exhibit one. I thought that this would open the way for the Roosters chap to get off.

Sure enough the NRL ‘prosecutor’ argued the arm wrap by Rava was ‘belated’. It all seems nuanced and in milliseconds. Doesn’t matter, the Judiciary members then took 5 mins to suspend Rava and Easts chap off in 10 mins.

At the end of the day all dragons fans must realise that our appeals and ‘bleating‘ are probably laughed at by the NRL, it’s MRC and Judiciary and any speculation of bias is water off the ducks back. It probably causes a double down. In effect, our club has zilch influence or power these days. Plus the NRL know that fans are emotionally invested in following their teams, it is tribal. Therefore, we are the useful idiots if we are honest with ourselves.

You can either keep ‘sucking it up‘ and watch the red v go around for a few more years; or simply walk away, get the kids into soccer or aussie rules, cancel club membership and then Foxtel etc. The later is a big bridge to walk over …agreed?

Drakon

Juniors
I'd say it is time to sack our legal team and find people who can give our players better representation. We will lose Ravalawa to Union if we don't address this matter asap.
I'm sorry but you really must put some thoughts into your posts and get your facts right.

Rava was defended by Nick Ghabar - widely regarded as the best in the business. The man responsible for getting many players off charges including Billy Slater, allowing him to play in the 2018 GF, Jack Wighton to play in the 2016 finals series and Sam Burgess for a shoulder charge.

Last edited:

BLM01

First Grade
Our Board and CEO need to challenge those at NRL HQ to justify their bios actions.

They could also do well by replacing our legal people.
All that will work snd a good idea at the infamous Utopia Lochness Dragons club

Walpole

Juniors
I'm sorry but you really must put some thoughts into your posts and get your facts right.

Rava was defended by Nick Ghabar - widely regarded as the best in the business. The man responsible for getting many players off charges including Billy Slater, allowing him to play in the 2018 GF, Jack Wighton to play in the 2016 finals series and Sam Burgess for a shoulder charge.

It would be interesting to see what his success rate is for getting players off and how dependant it is on the players (or their clubs) profile.

Latest posts