What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question on Peter V'landys

PVL ...good for RL or not?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LineBall

Juniors
My proposal for the next rule change:

Go back to 1984:

Contested scrums
Striking at the play the ball
Play the ball forward if you want to
Stealing the ball allowed, no matter how many in the tackle
5 meter rule for both attack and defense (get rid of blockers stopping the markers pressuring the kicker)
No microphone on refs
Trainers only allowed on the field to treat an injured player. Play not stopped unless stretcher/medicab needed.

I'm tired of the continual dumbing down of the game.

Aus_Dog

Juniors
Funny that a lot of the people saying they don't watch games any more, are still posting on a Rugby League forum...

I call bullshit - You're all still watching.
Many of us still want quality football to come back and have followed the game for many many years. At the moment tho I am not watching as the product is not enjoyable

I would watch every game each weekend and hope to get back to that as I love the game, but right now it is unwatchable for me in its current format.

Still visit the forums tho as It is a game I have followed my whole life, you don’t just throw that away without hope you can get back what you once loved.

Never seen so many ppl disillusioned in the game in over 40 years.

ACTPanthers

Bench
So you'll spend time on a forum dedicated to a sport you no longer watch? Because you love the sport..? But refuse to watch it?

And how would you know if it's changed without watching it? Be it for better or worse?

This is why I'm calling bullshit.

Many of us still want quality football to come back and have followed the game for many many years. At the moment tho I am not watching as the product is not enjoyable

I would watch every game each weekend and hope to get back to that as I love the game, but right now it is unwatchable for me in its current format.

Still visit the forums tho as It is a game I have followed my whole life, you don’t just throw that away without hope you can get back what you once loved.

Never seen so many ppl disillusioned in the game in over 40 years.

And that 40 years includes Super League...

Perth Red

Post Whore
So you'll spend time on a forum dedicated to a sport you no longer watch? Because you love the sport..? But refuse to watch it?

And how would you know if it's changed without watching it? Be it for better or worse?

Ive gone from watching every game on a weekend to just watching Storm games and maybe one other if not doing anything else and it looks a good possible match up. grew up playing and watching the game, sadly this isnt a reflection of the game I fell in love with and have followed for 41 years. Hopefully it will right itself and the refs will pull their heads in.

King hit

Coach
Ive gone from watching every game on a weekend to just watching Storm games and maybe one other if not doing anything else and it looks a good possible match up. grew up playing and watching the game, sadly this isnt a reflection of the game I fell in love with and have followed for 41 years. Hopefully it will right itself and the refs will pull their heads in.
doubt it

ACTPanthers

Bench
Mate, the NRL could gift you a lifetime supply of blowjobs and you'd still complain.

I'm with you mate. Same vein although I'm not completely pointing the finger at the refs. It's the bloke at the top. The Refs have had their job description and responsibilities completely changed on short notice, rule changes, reduced from 2 to 1 on the field, "crackdowns", sacked when something has been missed.... (I'm omitting the Bunker here). We've heard from all sections of Rugby League from the ex players, current players, journos, commentators, fans..... but we never hear from the Refs and I'd love to know what their real thoughts are on how things have panned out this year.

You were one of the first to call him out last year when many many folk were kissing his feet. Hats off..

It's quite the lol that the generally accepted solution to the latest rule changes, seems to be yet more rule changes.
ryZcmob.gif

super_coach

First Grade
Under the two ref system the refs were getting plenty of calls wrong along with the bunker. Than PV decides to speed the game up drop a ref, and give the ref a bunch of things he has to make calls on while completely gassed.

I now know why Sutton is so bad, oxygen deficiency to the brain

I’m watching for no other reason than I’m rusted on but my leaguebido has taken a hit. I’m simply not enjoying it as much. It’s actually more fun coming on here tbh.

franklin2323

Immortal

So what do you watch instead?

ESL is breaking all point scoring records

AFL had a couple of 50 point margins the weekend.

F1 is a 2 horse race.

V8's are one horse race

Latest posts