What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Cleary, just like SK made some absolutely dreadful decisions in recruitment. And they were called out for it, at the time. Not sure anyone assumed. Just because they have a job as a first grade coach, doesn’t mean they didn’t make mistake or fans weren’t right for calling out the stupid decisions made.
The alternative, for those clubs at that time, to signing players on overs would be not signing any players at all.

"Called out" by a bunch of deadshit fans who know better. Get your hand off it.

TheRam

Coach
Mate I'm in my mid-40s, a third generation Eels fan. I saw Kenny play, both live and on TV.

Mate, like I have said before you only notice the boring little things(over value) which Kenny was also great at, but hardly notice(undervalue) the spectacular things that Kenny was the best at. Hence your love of the average plodder.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Mate, like I have said before you only notice the boring little things(over value)
Actually I don't notice them, because like you I'm a nuffy who's there to be entertained.

The boring little things, that coaches and players talk about as the things fans don't notice, are only evident in the stats, or on video later when you look for it.

IFR33K

Coach
The alternative, for those clubs at that time, to signing players on overs would be not signing any players at all.

Call it what you like. Sometimes some signings just don’t work out, but other times they’re just outrageous.

whether you like it or not, sandow, Reynolds, mybe, roberts, Webb, walker and so on were all signings of desperation

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Call it what you like. Sometimes some signings just don’t work out, but other times they’re just outrageous.

whether you like it or not, sandow, Reynolds, maybe, roberts, Webb, walker and so on were all signings of desperation
You'd be desperate too if you were coaching at those clubs.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I’m sure jack wished he could of been around to coach the likes of sandow and Reynolds
Reynolds was a quality first grader. He was just on too much. Sandow was a f**king disaster, though Wayne Bennett said he rated him. Some high potential players don't work out, regardless of who's coaching them.

hindy111

Post Whore

Or signing young up and coming juniors and a few old heads who are experienced and have good attitudes but pass their best.

Avenger

Immortal
Mate, like I have said before you only notice the boring little things(over value) which Kenny was also great at, but hardly notice(undervalue) the spectacular things that Kenny was the best at. Hence your love of the average plodder.
Top post. He f**ked you here Pou. You have been celebrating mediocrity since you joined here.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Do you think BA could get some consistency out of him? I have my doubts but a big gamble that might come off. BA has shown he can modify and improve players behaviour and also the other players may contribute to this. Depends what donkeys want to throw into kitty but if pick up for $200k might be a gamble worth taking.
BAs game plan will always be big bodies charging at defender not spaces. TPJ is someone who loves the collision. Seems a perfect fit to me. Sharon Woods is another BA is reported to be keen on. Big bodies and collisions is where it's at.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
BAs game plan will always be big bodies charging at defender not spaces. TPJ is someone who loves the collision. Seems a perfect fit to me. Sharon Woods is another BA is reported to be keen on. Big bodies and collisions is where it's at.
We scored 2 tries from big merkins running at holes on the weekend though Gazza