What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News George Williams quits Raiders

Perth Red

Post Whore
Not unusual for someone to go back due to homesickness and realise what a mistake they've made and be back within a couple of years. Had a number of friends that have gone through that. Williams could be a Titan yet in a year or two, maybe he is checking out GC just in case.

Probably conditions of his release. I doubt the Raiders would let him walk into the Titans.

Mate I was being sarcastic - he was never going to the Gold Coast or anywhere else sunny, as he’s always said, he wanted a release back to the UK to keep his missus happy; just Sticky’s compliant media chums and bitter Canberra fans that thought owt different...

Personally I think he’s making a mistake but c’est la vie eh. Only hope for his sake that Leon Pryce was right about Blackpool

He and his Missus are back in old Blighty now. Also brought their Pug dog back (will never understand the English’s fascination with dogs with breathing problems) which is another mitigating factor of while it took all of four weeks for them to return (but hey, why do research when you can just report what your mate tells you to say).

He did an article with the BBC. Some interesting comments about the way it went down, Ricky’s reaction and Sydney media; glad he got to tell his side of the story with a sympathetic media. He actually comes across as a nice and grateful guy.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
He and his Missus are back in old Blighty now. Also brought their Pug dog back (will never understand the English’s fascination with dogs with breathing problems) which is another mitigating factor of while it took all of four weeks for them to return (but hey, why do research when you can just report what your mate tells you to say).

He did an article with the BBC. Some interesting comments about the way it went down, Ricky’s reaction and Sydney media; glad he got to tell his side of the story with a sympathetic media. He actually comes across as a nice and grateful guy.

mxlegend99

Referee
Meh as a neutral I'm on the Raiders and Ricky's side.

Why should they pay him to not show up to training or play games after he has made it clear he wants out?

They paid him good money to come here, and paid for his release only for him to change his mind after 12 months and try to get out of his contract. I know his missus is pregnant but the Raiders tried to work with him and give him an extended holiday to see his family which is pretty good of them IMO.

He doesn't get exactly what he wants so he starts calling in sick to training and saying he won't play on the weekend... So Raiders grant him his request effective immediately. He still is unhappy because he wants go collect his money from them while not performing the duties he's paid for. He should be glad he's able go go home immediately if he's home sick and wants family nearby.

t-ba

Post Whore
Like seriously, was George Williams raised in a Dickensian Workshop where he was exclusively fed gruel or something?

Latest posts