What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shaun Johnson signs for 2022

Penrose_11

Juniors
Shit. This is all good as long as it’s for the right coin. Hopefully nowhere near the $800k he’s been asking for. Guess Kodi will likely be gone now as well but still don’t think CHT is a 6/7 moving forward. Just need to sign up that quality hooker now i guess

spear tackle

Juniors
I'm of two minds on this, according to reports the senior players didnt want him back and when he left it left a bit of a sour taste in many peoples mouths. But if hes back and playing well and hes not chewing up half the salary cap, I'll jump on the bandwagon if its winning us games. Looks like they'll be dropping a few guys from our 30 with all the new and returning players

Big Marn

Juniors
Dubious decision. Hope it doesnt screw the culture the team has built up after he left on less than great terms.
On the other side of the coin, Reece Lightning will be there to pick up the slack when Johnson goes invisible during games as he is inclined to do.

Matua

Bench
I'm of two minds on this, according to reports the senior players didnt want him back and when he left it left a bit of a sour taste in many peoples mouths. But if hes back and playing well and hes not chewing up half the salary cap, I'll jump on the bandwagon if its winning us games. Looks like they'll be dropping a few guys from our 30 with all the new and returning players
Do the Warriors have that many players that were even around when SJ was last here for senior players to care about a sour taste? I think only Bunty, Jazz and Fus were even around then. Edit: I did a re-check and Tohu was there as well.

Actually, come to think of it who are the Warriors senior players? Tohu obviously, then who? AFB and BMM on experience? DWZ is probably automatically a senior player due to experience and test captaincy.

Last edited:

spear tackle

Juniors
Do the Warriors have that many players that were even around when SJ was last here for senior players to care about a sour taste? I think only Bunty, Jazz and Fus were even around then.

Actually, come to think of it who are the Warriors senior players? Tohu obviously, then who? AFB and BMM on experience? DWZ is probably automatically a senior player due to experience and test captaincy.

Good point, was just going by the report in a newspaper a while back when his manager asked about coming back.

WellsNZ

Juniors
Do the Warriors have that many players that were even around when SJ was last here for senior players to care about a sour taste? I think only Bunty, Jazz and Fus were even around then. Edit: I did a re-check and Tohu was there as well.

Yeah Tohu was there as you've updated, and Rog as well.

Which tbh are the only two whose opinions I'm really interested in lol. And one of them is leaving so...

There's definitely been a gulf of senior players/leaders in the team for a while. I guess SJ helps fill that "void".

Honestly we need to act pretty f**king quickly on putting a good team around Walsh before he gets "home sick" after losing all the time, so hopefully, this is a step in the right direction.

Matua

Bench
Yeah Tohu was there as you've updated, and Rog as well.

Which tbh are the only two whose opinions I'm really interested in lol. And one of them is leaving so...

There's definitely been a gulf of senior players/leaders in the team for a while. I guess SJ helps fill that "void".

Honestly we need to act pretty f**king quickly on putting a good team around Walsh before he gets "home sick" after losing all the time, so hopefully, this is a step in the right direction.
Yeah, I left him off as he's leaving.

Now to find a hooker ....

Latest posts