What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Origin II - QLD 0-26 NSW @ Suncorp

Series: QLD v NSW

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

King hit

Coach
It wouldn't be Origin without Queensland squealing like stuck pigs and trying to get away with breaking the rules that they demanded in the first place. Or Queensland being giant hypocrites. Who could forget Mal's big whinge about Luai before game 1?
What did he say?

Tweed Titan

Bench
I'm loving how QLD are saying they will track down the documentation that proves his eligibility for game 3... The kids come out already and said he was 13 and 10 months when he moved here!
QRL know more about the kids life than he does?
I believe it's called saving face. There will be no documentation provided for game 3.

King hit

Coach
Yep. And Thurston was the worst loser in my memory…

Countless “hard done by” press conferences after a loss, particularly semi finals…

And when NSW finally were about to break the Qld origin streak he did this…

I read Thurstons autobiography a couple of years ago. It was a good book but this bit was such rubbish. Whinging about disrespect yet gave as good as he got when it was going his way. I remember the year after at the MCG, Klemmer confronted Parker with some aggression. Parker then cried about disrespect from Klemmer. Makes them look pathetic and weak

Sphagnum

Coach
Nsw have a habit of f**king games like this up. Qld are dirt this year though. Even at full strength they’d be getting pumped by this Nsw side.

at least when qld had the gun side and were on a streak we still turned up to make a game of it more often than not.

hopefully we see the same from the origin gatekeepers, particularly since they’re the only ones who understand origin.

myrrh ken

First Grade
Who’s responsibility is it to ensure the people playing for the youth Origin teams are eligible? Is it the sponsoring state or the NRL/ARL?

Let’s face it, the younger teams don’t have the same level of scrutiny.
Well apparently NSW is responsible. It's the one that whinged. Nrl had no problems with it up until then. They let him be named as the injury reserve for days

Well apparently NSW is responsible. It's the one that whinged. Nrl had no problems with it up until then. They let him be named as the injury reserve for days
I guess you are right. Of the three parties you know QLD isn’t going to follow the rules and the NRL sees rules as mere inconveniences that can be changed on a whim; so you are right, seems like it is up to NSW.

I read Thurstons autobiography a couple of years ago. It was a good book but this bit was such rubbish. Whinging about disrespect yet gave as good as he got when it was going his way. I remember the year after at the MCG, Klemmer confronted Parker with some aggression. Parker then cried about disrespect from Klemmer. Makes them look pathetic and weak

Thurston, for all the good stuff he did on the field and off it as a cowboy, giving kids his headgear and all that great stuff…

was the biggest sulk and worst winner/loser IMO. Many bag Cameron Smith for many reasons - but win lose or draw… he always spoke with respect and professionalism about his opponents. The Sharks GF win was a prime example… couldn’t have been more magnanimous.

On the other hand, Thurston was a spoilt brat. In victory (the Pearce comment) or in defeat (elbowing then head butting Reynolds in the dying stages of their first series loss in ages).

Happy to be in the minority if that’s the case, but IMO Thurston is the biggest tool Qld has produced in state of origin this century…

Thurston, for all the good stuff he did on the field and off it as a cowboy, giving kids his headgear and all that great stuff…

was the biggest sulk and worst winner/loser IMO. Many bag Cameron Smith for many reasons - but win lose or draw… he always spoke with respect and professionalism about his opponents. The Sharks GF win was a prime example… couldn’t have been more magnanimous.

On the other hand, Thurston was a spoilt brat. In victory (the Pearce comment) or in defeat (elbowing then head butting Reynolds in the dying stages of their first series loss in ages).

Happy to be in the minority if that’s the case, but IMO Thurston is the biggest tool Qld has produced in state of origin this century…
I love Josh Reynolds as much as any non-Canterbury fan could, but crucifying a guy for wanting to head butt him? Can you imagine the lip he would have been giving him?

Thurston hated losing; what made him so good.

I love Josh Reynolds as much as any non-Canterbury fan could, but crucifying a guy for wanting to head butt him? Can you imagine the lip he would have been giving him?

Thurston hated losing; what made him so good.

Jimmy Graham hated losing too - which is a lot of why many people loved him. But he didn’t whinge or lose the plot and elbow/head butt players when he did… Nor did he ever carry on in a press conference or cry at his opponents like Thurston did - plenty of times…

There’s hating losing, and there’s accepting it. Graham did it with dignity. Thurston did it by throwing his rattle…

Jimmy Graham hated losing too - which is a lot of why many people loved him. But he didn’t whinge or lose the plot and elbow/head butt players when he did… Nor did he ever carry on in a press conference or cry at his opponents like Thurston did - plenty of times…

There’s hating losing, and there’s accepting it. Graham did it with dignity. Thurston did it by throwing his rattle…
This is a wind up isn’t it?!?! This is the same Graham that took a chunk out of Billy’s ear?

This is a wind up isn’t it?!?! This is the same Graham that took a chunk out of Billy’s ear?
And again, I love Graham but let’s not make him out to be some kind of angel.

All players are human and do amazing things and have moments of weakness. The weaknesses are often shown when they are losing (particularly for those not used to losing). Your perspective of them is often coloured by other factors (team you support, other biases etc).

AlwaysGreen

Immortal

Pretty sure he bit Billy Slater.

Which is justifiable......

Spot On

Coach
Nsw have a habit of f**king games like this up. Qld are dirt this year though.

Yes we do. More often than not.

Will be interesting to see how our starting props go against Papali and Welch and if the QLD pack go back to playing the style of defence (off side most the game) that has consistently proven too much for NSW to handle.

Latest posts