What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Just want to be clear on something, Redcliffe and Ipswich will not be using redevelopment of their traditional grounds as a part of their bids. It would be a negative in the bid as the purpose of Brisbane 2 is to have a team play out of Suncorp every week.

The Marshall

Juniors

First look inside Sydney Football Stadium​

The Saturday Telegraph has been given an exclusive first look at the seating design of the rebuilt Sydney Football Stadium.

Award-winning Indigenous artist Tony Albert was commissioned to create a design which covers all 42,500 seats of the new stadium.

The theme of the design is “Two Worlds Colliding – Water and Land”, with abstract designs featuring topographical views of Sydney, and whale and goanna totems.

Albert said the theme also reflects the sporting battles that are set to be held in the stadium.

“I was really thinking about this idea of a football stadium and the concept Two Worlds Colliding is the idea of friendly competition, two different elements or people coming together,” he said.

The seating design for the rebuilt Sydney Football Stadium features the theme of worlds colliding.

The seating design for the rebuilt Sydney Football Stadium features the theme of worlds colliding.

Virtual reality technology and high tech software was used to fine-tune the design.

Virtual reality technology and high tech software was used to fine-tune the design.

While most may see the all-blue design as a nod to our Origin heroes, the colour actually has a practical purpose.

“The colour choices were already stipulated and that’s due to light reflection and heat retention, lots of restrictions already that are attached to stadium seating,” Albert said.

Creating the artwork for the seating was not as easy as just sketching out an idea – Albert had to use virtual reality technology and hi-tech rendering software to make sure his designs were pleasing to the eye from all angles.
The plans for the new stadium.

“There’s new technology such as VR where we are able to be there without it actually existing, and with certain renders you can get different elevations or be able to look at it from different perspectives.

Construction on the Moore Park stadium is under way on the roof, facade and internal fit-out, with the government aiming to open the stadium by the NRL’s 2022 finals series, Sports Minister Natalie Ward said.

“Weare proud to announce Tony Albert as the winner of the stadium seating design, and excited to see his design ‘Two Worlds Colliding’ come to life as the stadium is built,” she said.

“Building this world-class sporting and entertainment venue is providing a boost to the economy, with around 800 people working on site currently, with more jobs to be supported after it is complete.”

flippikat

Bench
Damn I wish the seats we had here at Sky Stadium (Wellington) made a pattern like that. The "all yellow" design we have is an eyesore, and makes a small crowd look terrible.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee

First look inside Sydney Football Stadium​

The Saturday Telegraph has been given an exclusive first look at the seating design of the rebuilt Sydney Football Stadium.

Award-winning Indigenous artist Tony Albert was commissioned to create a design which covers all 42,500 seats of the new stadium.

The theme of the design is “Two Worlds Colliding – Water and Land”, with abstract designs featuring topographical views of Sydney, and whale and goanna totems.

Albert said the theme also reflects the sporting battles that are set to be held in the stadium.

“I was really thinking about this idea of a football stadium and the concept Two Worlds Colliding is the idea of friendly competition, two different elements or people coming together,” he said.

While most may see the all-blue design as a nod to our Origin heroes, the colour actually has a practical purpose.

“The colour choices were already stipulated and that’s due to light reflection and heat retention, lots of restrictions already that are attached to stadium seating,” Albert said.

Creating the artwork for the seating was not as easy as just sketching out an idea – Albert had to use virtual reality technology and hi-tech rendering software to make sure his designs were pleasing to the eye from all angles.

“There’s new technology such as VR where we are able to be there without it actually existing, and with certain renders you can get different elevations or be able to look at it from different perspectives.

Construction on the Moore Park stadium is under way on the roof, facade and internal fit-out, with the government aiming to open the stadium by the NRL’s 2022 finals series, Sports Minister Natalie Ward said.

“Weare proud to announce Tony Albert as the winner of the stadium seating design, and excited to see his design ‘Two Worlds Colliding’ come to life as the stadium is built,” she said.

“Building this world-class sporting and entertainment venue is providing a boost to the economy, with around 800 people working on site currently, with more jobs to be supported after it is complete.”

I hate, hate, hate, HATE the ends. I’m not the biggest fan of odd patterns - Suncorp included. I actually prefer block colours as to me it looks more like sporting stadia rather than a cooked art piece. Each to their own though, so I also understand that people will like this.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Just want to be clear on something, Redcliffe and Ipswich will not be using redevelopment of their traditional grounds as a part of their bids. It would be a negative in the bid as the purpose of Brisbane 2 is to have a team play out of Suncorp every week.
Whilst still just an idea at the moment, there is a big push for a new stadium in ipswich if Jets are the chosen ones.
F61DE02E-4FCE-409C-9896-6EFC9F66A87F.jpeg

Tiger Shark

Bench
Dragons will play 8 off there best games their each season an pack it out. will put Rooster supporters to shame.
Only reason I see the Dragons playing there would be if Kogarah is under construction for a period of time. Even then you don't play 8 games at Kogarah anyway..and I'm skeptical if Kogarah gets any upgrade.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Whilst still just an idea at the moment, there is a big push for a new stadium in ipswich if Jets are the chosen ones.
View attachment 49934

Do you think that helps their bid? I'm not so sure about that. Just means that other teams will say we will commit to only playing out of Suncorp.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Do you think that helps their bid? I'm not so sure about that. Just means that other teams will say we will commit to only playing out of Suncorp.
Hard to know, I doubt it will help or hinder, end of day NRL doesnt have any skin in the game on if Suncorp is used more often or not. Im sure Redcliffe will push for a move out to their own stadium if they could get funding to redevelop it. Of the three bids only the Firehawks would be 100% gauranteed to play all games at Suncorp forever. Vlandys is all about the burbs so he might like the idea. End of day expansion will be chosen on which bid gives the NRl the most financial viability sense of security. Thats all they will fundamentally care about imo.

Latest posts