What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Origin II - QLD 0-26 NSW @ Suncorp

Series: QLD v NSW

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

King hit

Coach
Same here, I remembered the actual games being lopsided and then I looked up the scores last night and couldn't believe we only lost by 4 and 5 points in two of those games. From memory, the first two games were 20 or 30 point pastings and it was only Game 3 where we looked a chance at stopping the whitewash.
NSW only scored a couple of consolation tries when the game was over to make it look close. The Maroons were much better in game 1 that year then what the score suggested. Game 2 was the flogging.

I had a few hours to myself this morning so went through the history of Origin games in light of Qld's epic melt this year....

Some stats I've worked out, complementing the stats above...

- Least points in a series = 15 (QLD in 1992).
- Lowest "Highest" Score in a Series = 6 (Qld in Game 1, 1992. Game 2 = 5, Game 3 = 4)
- Least points after game 2 of a Series = 6 (QLD x 2, 1990 & 2021)
- Biggest points differential in a Series = +62 (NSW) / -62 (QLD) in 2000. Excludes 2021 - yet to be complete.
- Most points in a Series = 104 (NSW in 2000).

@76-6 with Game 3 to go... interesting to see....

>>if NSW can break the pointscoring record in SOO history (needing 29 or more). Vice versa - Qld would become the worst defence in origin history.

>> If NSW can break the series points differential record (they need to lose by less than 8 points, draw, or win..). Vice Versa, Qld would have worst series points differential unless they win by 8 points or more.

>> whether Qld 2021 will go down as the worst attacking team (least series points) in SOO history. Scoring 8 points or less in game 3, they'd set a new record. 9 points, they equal 1992, 10 or more, they escape.

>> If Qld score 6 or less in Game 3 - this will equal the lowest "highest" score they set in 1992.

Same here, I remembered the actual games being lopsided and then I looked up the scores last night and couldn't believe we only lost by 4 and 5 points in two of those games. From memory, the first two games were 20 or 30 point pastings and it was only Game 3 where we looked a chance at stopping the whitewash.

2010 Series...

2010QldNSW
Game 12824
Game 2346
Game 32318
TOTAL8548
DIFFERENTIAL37-37
SERIES30

Braith Anasta was happy to put the slipper into Queensland’s effort and execution. The guy made an entire career out of going missing when things got tough.

I remember Freddy getting grilled on the footy show for playing him at fullback years after the fact and he responded with something like “he wasn’t good enough to play in the halves and whinged when I played him in the forwards” absolute spud.

Fangs

Coach
And only now have I watched the QLD press conference.

If they have any sense the broom will be thrust through the organisation.

big hit!

Bench
QLD had many chances in goodball. They just had no clue once they got that opportunity.

The difference really was that NSW line speed and scramble was amazing again as it was in Game 1. In contrast, QLD switch off, particularly out in the backs.

First rule of defending is to stay connected. Then you had those Panthers 3-men (Cleary and Luai) accelerating into the 10 on every tackle and basically brought the rest of line with them. It's what they do every week for Penrith and it hassled the QLD backline play no end. This is the difference. Every one looks at what they do with the ball in hand, but it's their effort on the other side of the ball that shows why they're so good. Cronk and Thurston did it as well. This isn't ability, this is character. You know that every drill, every training session, Nathan and Jarome are working their butt off to be able to do that for 80 mins. You have guys like that in your squad and you have no choice but to follow their lead. It's infectious.

Finally, if Kaufusi ever leaves Melbourne, he'll be as effective as BJ Leilua. Seems like he needs someone next him who will push him along and DCE has no influence on him in that regard. Lazy as f**k. Bellamy must ride him hard in Melbourne.

aqua_duck

Coach
I can see nsw dominating for next 3 or 4 years then qlnd will have the likes of grant, walker, Coates, Walsh, Fifita etc in their prime and dictating terms.
In 5 years time most of this current NSW team will be only in their late 20s.
Turbo
Latrell
To'o
Luai
Cleary
Saifiti
Murray
Haas
Martin
Crichton

Are all 25 or younger and behind them you have guys like Staggs, Graham, Burton, Brailey x2, Crichton, Best, Saab, Cotric, Lomax, Leniu, Schuster, Suualii, Fainu*, Staines, Koloamatangi, Paseka, etc

Fafita translates roughly to 'talented but lazy'.
Enjoy the $1m salary ya bum.

He’s played in average sides though. An awful Broncos, mediocre Titans, and woeful Qld.

If he played in a top 4 team or for NSW last night it’d be a whole different story.

I thought going into this series NSW had the better backs but Qld had the better forwards. But Qlds forwards have been steamrolled. Fifita hasn’t been the worst though IMO, Tino has gone awol, Papalii is a shadow of his former self, and the rest were ok at best.

Latest posts