What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 16 vs Warriors

Draginzaaar

Bench
Might be contentious but Ramsey doesn't make my best team at the moment. Either Feagai deserves another shot on the wing when ready.

Like Cody's heart but he is just not impacting games as I would want, very easily pushed back on returns a la Dufty. Couple chances with space tonight and he just stuttered rather than put on the speed and the stepping he does possess. Glad to see him get that try though.
I saw Shaun Lane get rag dolled last night. Happens to all size blokes.

Dragon David

First Grade
There gotta do something about the sound by the questioners , can barely here them and can only guess what the coaches are replying to.
I agree. The questioners sound like they are too far away from any microphones and I cannot hear what they are asking - My hearing isn't the best anyway and even if I had my hearing aids in I still have trouble hearing what they have asked. Maybe I should turn the volume up on my lap top - only kidding, its up full blast and still hopeless.

What helps is attaching the headphones, yes that is the answer!

BLM01

First Grade
Good to get some practice now at coming back. It’s very confidence building. We have a couple of winnable games coming up in a potentially Turboless Manly and the Titans but we also play South’s twice, Panthers and Roosters so that is 4 very tough games we definitely won’t win all of. Let’s hope we can build some form with Manly and the Titans to try and knockoff the Rabbits at Win.

lets win all 8

Draginzaaar

Bench
Hi All we came back from 18-6 down, that is a fantastic effort.

Remember that Dufty put Beale in for a try in the second half but they called it forward. Came out of Dufty’s hand backwards and a beautiful Harbour bridge pass At speed. Beale didnt have to reach out or scramble; it landed square on his chest. A sublime pass. It’s a try any other game. At least when Dufty fired the next pearler they couldn’t pull it up and we were on our way To the comeback.

Warriors first came from piggy back penalty then successive 6 agains. Defended about 16 tackles which included piggy back extra.I think our guys were out of gas when Egan snuck in. Again 2 piggy back penalties helped them on other trys.

my other observations:
Ben Hunt outstanding tonight
Williame good, always has been an NRL standard centre.
JDB getting back to best. Penalties against him soft. ‘ Every game there are Cannonball type’ tackles. Just another joke if he is cited.
Dufty went well tonight. Beaut one on one with RTS. Thank heavens Dufty’s blistering speed cleaned him up.
Hope we get that Poasa Famisili chap in. Power runner and strong defence.Have we lost a game other than Sharks when he played?
Gifted one will get a start next because he can kick goals. Shame if our best centre doesn’t get a game.
As soon as de Belin tackled that bloke, I knew it would be a penalty. No there are not cannon ball tackles every game. They all start at the hip and slide down.

Dragons4me

Juniors
Might be contentious but Ramsey doesn't make my best team at the moment. Either Feagai deserves another shot on the wing when ready.

Like Cody's heart but he is just not impacting games as I would want, very easily pushed back on returns a la Dufty. Couple chances with space tonight and he just stuttered rather than put on the speed and the stepping he does possess. Glad to see him get that try though.

We saw tonight Ramsay's best. assett. His speed in open spaces. He struggles a little with hit ups because of his size. At least he does them though so I'm more than happy with his contribution.

Draginzaaar

Bench
Dude we are 7th because the comp is a joke. We are nowhere near competing and we are bad too to bottom. If we are serious we need to be able to beat the likes of Penrith and Melb. If we play them like we played tonight both those teams will put 100 on us.

We just struggled to be a warriors team that hasn’t been home for 12 months, and that played a halfback that’s been there for a week. If your stoked about a golden point win in these circumstances, you have been gripped by mediocrity l.

We were poor all over the park apart from Ben Hunt. The rest of the team were stealing a salary tonight.
I just like it when we win. We aren't good enough to trouble the top teams yet. Next year maybe.

BLM01

First Grade
I really enjoyed the win as I didn't think that we could come from behind again but they proved me wrong so I can tell that the players have more belief in themselves to fight and have composure. This will help them in future games, but I'd rather see them leading and maintaining that lead in games.

Both teams were guilty of making errors and poor defensive reads. Luck was on our side last night, but I am a bit concerned on the tackles made by JDB which were put on report. If he gets charged, I hope that it only will result in a short suspension.

We have a bye next round so this will help with any bumps and bruises and the players come back against Manly invigorated.
I honestly think JDB's tackles were nothing, except the cannonball but that was around the ankles almost and he barely charged in with force.
Dangerous Contact Grade 1. :)
Fine sufficient for that one $1,750...ask Munster even JWH is copying fines lately

BLM01

First Grade
Good to get some practice now at coming back. It’s very confidence building. We have a couple of winnable games coming up in a potentially Turboless Manly and the Titans but we also play South’s twice, Panthers and Roosters so that is 4 very tough games we definitely won’t win all of. Let’s hope we can build some form with Manly and the Titans to try and knockoff the Rabbits at Win.
Talking Turboless Manly.
Looks like our 7, 9 and 12 would have to back up from origin 2 days later as well which they may not be able to either. Now that Melb are protecting their star hooker from playing a dead rubber...I reckon Parra will do the same with Mahoney
Keeping em on ice for the big run into the finals

blacksafake

First Grade
Always enjoy a win.
Yes we're a long way off the top teams but there are improvements, all be it slowly. We've come from behind the last two games(when was the last time this happened) on the back of Hunt who seems to growing into the captaincy. Plenty of talking, pointing, questioning the refs, even talking to the maroons in a huddle after origin 2.
I've also noticed some short passing amongst the forwards, especially from Vaughan & obviously having Jack back also.

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
Always enjoy a win.
Yes we're a long way off the top teams but there are improvements, all be it slowly. We've come from behind the last two games(when was the last time this happened) on the back of Hunt who seems to growing into the captaincy. Plenty of talking, pointing, questioning the refs, even talking to the maroons in a huddle after origin 2.
I've also noticed some short passing amongst the forwards, especially from Vaughan & obviously having Jack back also.
I can understand that some people on these forums are disappointed that the Dragons are not spoken about in the same way as the Storm and Penrith, but jeeeez, just remember that the Dragons were picked by many "experts" to get the wooden spoon this year. After 16 rounds we will still be in the top 8! So either Hook and the players are doing a great job, or they are seriously over-achieving - except for Norman of course - I still can't find much good to say about his football. So I say fans should be grateful for every win, disappointed when they lose, but realise they are doing WAY better than expected.

Crush

Coach
lets win all 8
Could last nights win be a season changing moment? The players would all know that they shouldn’t have won that game but to wake up with the 2 points and bye to come it may just click them into gear.
If only Hook makes a couple of slight team list changes(we know what they are) and with Lomax coming back could we be the team the top teams don’t want to meet coming into finals?
It’s nice to dream isn’t it?

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
He has all game, he can’t do everything, Ben 99% of the game is his alone.

I'll admit I initially wasn't a fan of Hunt being made captain as he seemed to be one of a long line of quiet, ineffectual "come on " rather than "go on" Dragons captains (read Widdop, then McInnes). However, whatever his limitations as a captain, his game has gone to another level since being made captain. The come back effort they put in when I, for one, thought the game was lost and the way the players celebrated in the sheds at the end suggests he is a hit with the players.

hewi

Bench
Beale is playing with heart he puts in runs straight and hard unlike some others. I feel Bird is off the boil a bit as well, don’t know if the stint in the back row has affected him.

jeffdragon

Bench
Always enjoy a win.
If only we had of beaten the sharks once tigers also we could be entrenched in the 8.
Shame about that.

Como Connection

First Grade
I thought both Cody Ramsey and Gerard Beale played well last night.

Regarding Beale, I was very opposed to his signing but I am pleased to have been proven wrong. I actually feel that he is playing better this time around than he did during his first stint at the Dragons.
Very professional footballer Beale, give him another contact!
CC

Latest posts