What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 16 vs North Qld @ McDonald Jones Stadium

Who will win? Round 16: Newcastle v North Qld

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • North Queensland Cowboys 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • North Queensland Cowboys 13+

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Still Nutty

Juniors
As the first game with our first choice spine, I've got to expect we should be too good for the Cows (assuming Ponga does play).

What impressed me last game was we were defensively sound....their only try was from Mann's drop ball. Although it is still early days, we should be bringing some attacking diversity and putting more points on sides now.

I hope the weather is kind and if we can maintain the same sound defence as last week, it will give us a chance to start developing the spine combinations that will improve as the season goes on - that's if we can keep them together on the paddock for more than one game?!

Knights by 12

Best spine in two years. I hope they can click.
I haven't been looking forward to a Knights game for ages but I am with this one.

Zoidberg

First Grade
We keep going off the team on paper. I won’t be confident this spine can gel and post some points until it happens.

Jono078

Referee
Regardless of our playing structure, surely just the presence of our full spine will have the lesser teams on edge and that should open up some holes for us.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
It’s good to see our first choice spine finally named to play together. But let’s be realistic, they probably haven’t all trained together until this week so there’s bound to be some rust over the next few weeks while they figure it all out. Not expecting a clinical performance but I’m definitely expecting an improvement on what we’ve dished up so far in 2021. Just having 4 spine players who can all contribute something different should give us more options. Rather than having 2/4 of our spine constantly blunting everything we try to do.

Jono078

Referee
Been hating the blowouts this round but certainly will love the upcoming 80 if we're the one piling the points on!!