What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons statement: Player breach

St Tangles

Bench
They did a stupid thing.
They were all part of the bubble.
Weren't out in public.

Geez Wiedler asked abdo about competition points but asks soft questions during a press conference.
He's a turd..

If they will be in isolation or suspended .
They need to rip themselves a new arsenide when and if they play to make it up to everyone at the club and associated with the saints.
I extremely doubt they can take competition points for this.

Suspensions and fines have been the precedence.

Did Abdo answer?

BLM01

First Grade
He’ll be sacked, absolutely no doubt about it Chu

Yep Weidler the germ who talks like it has hit him personally, could not wait to ask the NRL about competition points deductions.
Why punish the supporters, sponsors and other players not involved,
fine the players where it hurts in their paypacket as much as you like fine the club heavy if you have to
Taking points of, for not anything relating to cheating just damages those too not involved more than they deserve
Just my opinion..but it wont be Danny's he hopes we are booted out for this year.

BLM01

First Grade
Yep Weidler the germ who talks like it has hit him personally, could not wait to ask the NRL about competition points deductions.
Why punish the supporters, sponsors and other players not involved,
fine the players where it hurts in their paypacket as much as you like fine the club heavy if you have to
Taking points of, for not anything relating to cheating just damages those too not involved more than they deserve
Just my opinion..but it wont be Danny's he hopes we are booted out for this year.
Just confirms my thoughts that our jobs for boys mentality that our in house appointments General Manager of Football has also failed as they are meant to be all over ensuring the players do the right thing 24/7. Harsh but that is their job and what they are paid big bucks to do.
Not his fault but Haran has to take some responsibility in this as well.
Maybe Hook does too, not sure about the coach who would of been in his lounge chair with his slippers on sipping on a XXXX beer watching Saturday night football.
I am sure Hook is preparing his speech when he next sees em. :)
Funny world we live in

BLM01

First Grade
The fact they went to someone else's home is a bio security breach at the moment in the Illawarra.

Stay at home unless on has a reasonable excuse. They breached that.
Still they dont have to quarantine if only players there.
That does not matter anyway, they wont be playing in 2 weeks regardless

thebigredv

First Grade
It is very selfish.

Some might say it is unrelated but I believe it shows exactly why we keep having less than impressive seasons. The attitude and professionalism of a large group of players is not up to standard. They keep getting away with it on the field so why not try it off the park.

I'll go out on a limb and say I bet our SOO players are not involved and that a certain five eight is. Pure speculation but going off what I see week in and out on the field.

Called it. So predictable. Dufty too.

Happy if we sack the lot of them. They will find no reason to repay the fans.

jeffdragon

Bench
Just confirms my thoughts that our jobs for boys mentality that our in house appointments General Manager of Football has also failed as they are meant to be all over ensuring the players do the right thing 24/7. Harsh but that is their job and what they are paid big bucks to do.
Not his fault but Haran has to take some responsibility in this as well.
Maybe Hook does too, not sure about the coach who would of been in his lounge chair with his slippers on sipping on a XXXX beer watching Saturday night football.
I am sure Hook is preparing his speech when he next sees em. :)
Funny world we live in
They were hauled in this morning .

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I extremely doubt they can take competition points for this.

Suspensions and fines have been the precedence.

Did Abdo answer?
Nothing. He said, "I'm not going to rule anything out... we'll treat every case on its merits." What else was he going to say?

Stupid question from the tabloid media trying to create the story. But can hardly blame them given the number of people willing to buy their spiel.

SEAT 1A

Bench
The players and club will be in a world of hurt and the NRL will and should have no tolerance in the matter.

By the action of some of the players shows it has lost control of it's responsibilities and the players involved should be suspended.

Now that this year is over, I hope the club can make changes required to become a professional organisation on and off the field.

thebigredv

First Grade
Let me say I have nothing but disgust for the players' actions. No excuses whatsoever and the NRL has a right to be livid.

However, and I am pre-empting something here, if there are points stripped from our club I will be done. You strip points for cheating. Our own players have already stripped us of a shot at the next two, and it remains to be seen what else they will cop. This was not cheating as per Melbourne or Cronulla or Bulldogs.

Us fans do not deserved to be penalised further by the do gooders at the nrl.

Latest posts