What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paul Vaughan

qld redvee

Juniors
Whether or not its fact that Griffin and Haran warned the players and whether we think they didnt moraly do anything wrong ie committ a serious crime, 13 not 1 or 2 players MUST have known they were ignoring the NRL strict Covid rules and MUST have known it was during strict state lockdown rules....I will defend and support my team on most occassions but they've lost me with this act of selfish stupidity ......Im still waiting for a player or players from the group to step forward and front the media and their fans and apologise ....
Blood shot , I too would love the players to front up to media ( even if it is club only) and 'apologise" for their stupidity. It would be interesting to see the level of remorse ( if any ) from each individual.
The club will either sack or impose fines also and I would like the club to "force" any players that stay to do a community service on their days off like cleaning the stadiums after home games , cleaning local parks make them do some actual work so they dont seem so bloody privileged . Pity we didnt live in the olden days we could put them in stocks and throw tomatoes at them !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Blood shot , I too would love the players to front up to media ( even if it is club only) and 'apologise" for their stupidity. It would be interesting to see the level of remorse ( if any ) from each individual.
The club will either sack or impose fines also and I would like the club to "force" any players that stay to do a community service on their days off like cleaning the stadiums after home games , cleaning local parks make them do some actual work so they dont seem so bloody privileged . Pity we didnt live in the olden days we could put them in stocks and throw tomatoes at them !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good post qld redvee....but can we just throw eggs.....have you seen the price of tomatoes lately

Saint Angelo

Juniors
We need to drop Vaughan immediately.

It's the only way the club can save face.
Totally DISAGREE.

Whilst Vaughan copped the brunt of the suspensions, every single player at his house was EQUALLY responsible for their attendance that night.

Also, the way that the NRL has issued the fines is laughable by scaling an individuals fine by the amount they earn.

The NSW police issued $1000 fines for each individual. They have a rule in place and if you break the rule the penalty is known.

But the NRL make it up as they go long:
- Fines based on the 'NRL Asset Test' formula and whatever else they can think of at the time.
- Suspensions based on the name of the team
- etc etc

denis preston

First Grade
I'd rather we do something that benefits the club & supporters, fine each player 20% of their contracts and use the money to buy players. It would act as a unofficial 3rd party deal !

getsmarty

Immortal
Whether or not its fact that Griffin and Haran warned the players and whether we think they didnt moraly do anything wrong ie committ a serious crime, 13 not 1 or 2 players MUST have known they were ignoring the NRL strict Covid rules and MUST have known it was during strict state lockdown rules....I will defend and support my team on most occassions but they've lost me with this act of selfish stupidity ......Im still waiting for a player or players from the group to step forward and front the media and their fans and apologise ....

Agree...although, people fleeing and leaving their car behind with personalized number plates...other players allegedly hiding in cupboards and 1 under the bed....to make it look like only 5 were there....changing stories to the Nrl integrity commission.... ( all reported in the media ). If they just came out and put their collective hands up in the beginning and told the truth , it may have been a slightly different scenario.....

Griffin needs to put a broom through the last few players who have been a part of this culture and the club needs to tell a few of them that they are on their final chance....

I.M.O they have shown total disrespect to our Club, our fan base and the entire comp....

Great way to celebrate our 100 year anniversary.....

They should all hang their heads in shame.....

Last edited:

getsmarty

Immortal
Totally DISAGREE.

Whilst Vaughan copped the brunt of the suspensions, every single player at his house was EQUALLY responsible for their attendance that night.

Also, the way that the NRL has issued the fines is laughable by scaling an individuals fine by the amount they earn.

The NSW police issued $1000 fines for each individual. They have a rule in place and if you break the rule the penalty is known.

- Fines based on the 'NRL Asset Test' formula and whatever else they can think of at the time.
- etc etc

Vaughan allegedly changed his story 3 times according to media in regards to the nrl integrity commission....

repeat offender....not the 1st time....

dragon_around

Juniors
Totally DISAGREE.

- etc etc

Norman and Dufty have already been told they're not welcome. JDB is already on incredibly thin ice (if this hasn't already cost him his job here). Vaughn has instigated this by hosting the party. He shares more blame for that fact alone.

We need to make an example here. He's already suspended for 8 weeks. Why should we continue paying his salary if this is the way he treats the club?

The Warriors haven't seen home for 2 years, and this muppet can't last 2 days without bringing the whole playing group into disrepute! It's not even his first covid breach. Enough is enough.

Dragonsteve2

Juniors
Blood Shot & qld rv,
I would love the culprits to have to face the fans in an auditorium and listen to what following the Dragons has meant to us over the years. Listen to our highs and lows and the impact on our lives. They need to understand that without fans there would be no outrageous salaries for them.

On Vaughan: I have never complained about his onfield form. I think at times under Mary he was having to do too much on his own. But last Friday ironically he was back to his very best. However in relation to his putting on a party during lockdown I am lost for words. I had to cancel a holiday I was really looking forward to because of this lockdown without receiving any compensation, Vaughan on the other hand has to stay home but collects his $14,000+ each week for doing so. The poor entitled bugger!

A comparison: I upped my walking activity around the Illawarra during the 2020 lockdown and then continued into this year. On six separate occasions I have come across Dragons' players: Jordan P(2), Rava (2), Josh Kerr and Vaughan. Each time Jordan, Rava and Josh were friendly, humble and happy to chat with a fan. However I didn't get a grunt nor a smile out of PV - admittedly he was riding a bike but I thought a cheerful "Go Dragons!" deserved some positive reaction.

getsmarty

Immortal
Nathan Cleary lied to the Integrity Unit twice last year in the Tik Tok incident but I don't remember the Panthers supporters calling for his head

Compare oranges with oranges....this had the capacity to shut down the entire competition....many people could have had their livelihoods put in jeopardy..

.add to that , all the players were told they were not to have a get together by Haran and griffin ( according to the media )...

add to this he allegedly changed his story 3 times ( as again reported by the media )...

.also add to this he was caught doing the same thing last year....

So no comparison....especially at a time when the NRL is negotiating borders with different states in order to keep the game going....

This shows a total disrespect towards the Club...our fans and the entire Nrl....

Great way to celebrate our 100th anniversary.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Blood Shot & qld rv,
I would love the culprits to have to face the fans in an auditorium and listen to what following the Dragons has meant to us over the years. Listen to our highs and lows and the impact on our lives. They need to understand that without fans there would be no outrageous salaries for them.

On Vaughan: I have never complained about his onfield form. I think at times under Mary he was having to do too much on his own. But last Friday ironically he was back to his very best. However in relation to his putting on a party during lockdown I am lost for words. I had to cancel a holiday I was really looking forward to because of this lockdown without receiving any compensation, Vaughan on the other hand has to stay home but collects his $14,000+ each week for doing so. The poor entitled bugger!

A comparison: I upped my walking activity around the Illawarra during the 2020 lockdown and then continued into this year. On six separate occasions I have come across Dragons' players: Jordan P(2), Rava (2), Josh Kerr and Vaughan. Each time Jordan, Rava and Josh were friendly, humble and happy to chat with a fan. However I didn't get a grunt nor a smile out of PV - admittedly he was riding a bike but I thought a cheerful "Go Dragons!" deserved some positive reaction.
Good post bud....yes it just defies logic doesnt it how bloody stupid these blokes have been..goes to show how brain dead they were thinking they could get away with it............on the subject of PV on his bike why didnt you just drop the shoulder into him or hang out the stiff arm as he rode past...thats assuming your walking was capable of quickly developing into a fast sprint.....

qld redvee

Juniors
Blood Shot & qld rv,

DS2,
you summed it up perfectly - poor entitled buggers ! when you consider that most workers are doing what 38 hours a week for $1000 to $1500 compared to PV and $14000 players dont know how good they have it to do something they like ! Yes they may not play for ever BUT it makes it a darn sight easier paying a mortgage off instead of 20 plus years .. And I agree re players i have attended a few of the 10 year plus red vee events and players are very approachable, and when you bump into an old boy they are more than happy to have a chat ..
keep up your walking mate and look out for the new players that we need to parachute in

George Dragon

Juniors

Paul Vaughan sacked by the Dragon after hosting a party before lying to the club​

Covidiot Paul Vaughan has played his last game for the Dragons after his second Covid breach in 12 months brought immeasurable shame and sanction on the club.
St George Illawarra have sacked Paul Vaughan.
The NSW and Kangaroos prop has been told he will be released from the final 15 months of his deal after hosting a party before lying to the club. The blunder could cost Vaughan about $500,000 with his final year of his contract worth $800,000.

The prop’s future, and further sanctions to the 12 other Covidiots, is being discussed at an emergency board meeting on Tuesday morning.

The Dragons are also exploring what other punishments they can hand down to their players including the potential for them to do some community work.

Vaughan has a season left on his contract worth about $750,000 next year. He took up his option for next season but the Dragons have already indicated there would be no deal in place for him in 2023.

Rival clubs were aware of this and it is understood the Dragons would not have stood in his way if he secured a contract for next season.

St George Illawarra’s dirty dozen have already copped a record $305,000 in fines from the NRL.

Dragons CEO Ryan Webb hit out at the players for their infuriating “arrogance’’ and “ignorance’’ over their party at Vaughan’s house on Saturday