What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 R17 Sat - Canterbury 16-22 Sydney @ Bankwest

Round 17: Canterbury v Sydney

• Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Sydney Roosters

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

blaza88z

Coach
If you look like Sam Walker you get away with a lot more than if you look like those three.
To’o in particular I don’t understand; I challenge any fan to identify one thing the kid has done that shows disrespect to anyone else or the game.

Easy, the bullshit (and obviously pre-planned) handshake he put on with Luai when they scored against Brisbane the week after they had been belted up in the media for the crap they pulled against Canberra, you'll try and defend it and that's fine but it's obviously disrespectful to choreograph something fully expecting you'll firstly score a try and then be in a position where you think the try is so meaningless given they fully expected to waltz into Suncorp and have the game parcelled up at half-time.

The real smug came out in the 77th minute, as we all know.. you know, the old score a try and scream to the heavens above.

mave

Coach
It's going to be hilarious when Vlandys has his little crackdown on this, and DCE gets penalised the next week for running in circles.

Zadar

Juniors
Id be pissed if an opposition team did that to deny one last play, I’d probably finish off with saying, that it was a smart move though. I’d much rather what walker did, than these cats staying down for a love tap, or holding their necks to win a penalty, diving and so on.

the AFL just kick the ball backwards to kill the game near the end, the NFL takes knees to kill 2min at the end of a game.

was Robbinson impressed? Doubt it, should he do it again to guarantee a win, I hope so.

Easy, the bullshit (and obviously pre-planned) handshake he put on with Luai when they scored against Brisbane the week after they had been belted up in the media for the crap they pulled against Canberra, you'll try and defend it and that's fine but it's obviously disrespectful to choreograph something fully expecting you'll firstly score a try and then be in a position where you think the try is so meaningless given they fully expected to waltz into Suncorp and have the game parcelled up at half-time.

The real smug came out in the 77th minute, as we all know.. you know, the old score a try and scream to the heavens above.
I hadn’t looked at that particular incident as being disrespectful to the Broncos; more being cheeky towards the media (and Fox/Murdoch media in particular) who were making a big deal about the overzealous way the Panthers celebrate.

As a Panther fan I am sorry because I don’t think that was meant to disrespect the Broncos.

It is actually a lot of things…
For me they have an American style look at me, NFL/RnB type attitude. I don’t go for that over the top self promotion BS.
I think Luai and Crichton seem genuinely unlikeable people, To’o not as much but maybe guilty by association.
Don’t you think your post makes my point?

Apey

Staff member
Roosters remain an enemy of the people after losing to the Broncos and just beating the Bulldogs.

Saxon

Bench
Roosters remain an enemy of the people after losing to the Broncos and just beating the Bulldogs.
Add to that they only barely beat the Titans, got flogged by the Panthers and humiliated by the Storm. Replace "an enemy of the people" with "laughing stock" and I think you're closer to the mark.

The_Frog

First Grade
Easy, the bullshit (and obviously pre-planned) handshake he put on with Luai when they scored against Brisbane the week after they had been belted up in the media for the crap they pulled against Canberra, you'll try and defend it and that's fine
It was a pisstake, aimed at Crawley, Baldy and co. And how does shaking hands after scoring a try disrespect the opposition? And what is this phobia Queenslanders have about respect anyway?

big hit!

Bench
That is why it was the wrong play.

The meltdown on here is something else though.

Why is is a meltdown? It being called out as unsportsmanlike which it was. It gave the opposition no opportunity to contest the play. Other sports outlaw such a thing.

Trevor Chappell underarm - outlawed

Hawthorn rush a record 11 behinds against Geelong in 2008 GF - outlawed.

I'm not suggesting there's a need to outlaw what Walker did just yet. Opportunities are rare to do it often, but sport is all about contesting the play and the ball. Walker can play soccer where the opposite is acceptable.

The_Frog

First Grade
Whatever floats your boat.

How do you suppose Penrith would go without cleary, luai, api (whoever your 2nd and 3rd choice hookers are), to'o, JFH and kikau for any significant period of time. Add a sprinkling of other injuries too.
We've been hearing this all year. While Keary at his absolute best might be comparable to Luai, the Roosters don't have anyone comparable with Cleary and haven't for a very long time, so that comparison is just silly. Not sure who your JFH is either, I would have said JWH but he's been out there all year. The truth is, the team that took the field should have beaten the Bulldogs by more than 6 points.

Valheru

Coach
Why is is a meltdown? It being called out as unsportsmanlike which it was. It gave the opposition no opportunity to contest the play. Other sports outlaw such a thing.

Trevor Chappell underarm - outlawed

Hawthorn rush a record 11 behinds against Geelong in 2008 GF - outlawed.

I'm not suggesting there's a need to outlaw what Walker did just yet. Opportunities are rare to do it often, but sport is all about contesting the play and the ball. Walker can play soccer where the opposite is acceptable.
I don't want to see him do it again be ause more can go wrong than right IMO. The bulldogs had more of a chance to win than if he took the tackle where he caught the ball.

Anyways, what is the real difference to when players take 15 seconds to play the ball at the end of games? It is the same concept.

Valheru

Coach
We've been hearing this all year. While Keary at his absolute best might be comparable to Luai, the Roosters don't have anyone comparable with Cleary and haven't for a very long time, so that comparison is just silly. Not sure who your JFH is either, I would have said JWH but he's been out there all year. The truth is, the team that took the field should have beaten the Bulldogs by more than 6 points.
Yes only on his best day could a 3 time premiership winner and CCM recipient ever dream to be compared to Luai..

Anyways, it doesn't matter who the players are, the point is our first choice players in those positions have been missing and Penrith probably don't make the 8 in the same situation.

I was referring to Collins by the way.

big hit!

Bench
Yes only on his best day could a 3 time premiership winner and CCM recipient ever dream to be compared to Luai..

Anyways, it doesn't matter who the players are, the point is our first choice players in those positions have been missing and Penrith probably don't make the 8 in the same situation.

I was referring to Collins by the way.

Like he has been for QLD, Lindsey Collins has been the biggest loss for Roosters

No I’m not bringing race or skin colour into it. It’s an attitude thing.
Don’t you think that For me they have an American style look at me, NFL/RnB type attitude implies skin colour? You have identified two things that are associated with a certain racial demographic, and then followed that up by stereotyping that demographic and saying you dislike the stereotype.

stryker

First Grade
Don’t you think that For me they have an American style look at me, NFL/RnB type attitude implies skin colour? You have identified two things that are associated with a certain racial demographic, and then followed that up by stereotyping that demographic and saying you dislike the stereotype.
No I don’t and if that is your first impulse or thought, then you have the problem

STORM.99/07

Bench
The key for you guys is your 6, 7 and 9 (both of them) have been able to stay on the park for the most part. Your 1 hasn't but the back up is quality.

Our spine has been ravaged with only the 1 staying injury free and there just isn't enough quality in the 6, 7 and 9 at the moment for varying reasons.
Be good to see your team back to full strength next season.