What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL360

The Great Dane

First Grade
The problem with having Voss is that he is on the autism spectrum and therefore gets easily distracted. Could you imagine trying to have a sensible debate and then having Vossy interject with some ridiculous random fact or how amusing it was seeing a touch judge fall over etc?
Autistic people tend to be obsessive, not easily distracted by random stuff.

KennySterling

Juniors
The problem with having Voss is that he is on the autism spectrum and therefore gets easily distracted. Could you imagine trying to have a sensible debate and then having Vossy interject with some ridiculous random fact or how amusing it was seeing a touch judge fall over etc?
Nailed it. One 'falcon' and he loses his sh!t, FFS.

Chimp

Bench
I don’t think Vossy is right for 360, but there is definitely room for a different type of chat show with Vossy as the lead - something a little bit more light hearted and fun. Still cover the main topics and talking points, but with less drama and non-journo guests… Ex-players/coaches and famous/celebrity RL fans.
I know he can nark some people, but his love of the game is infectious. The fact he can find so much joy from the little quirks in the game is definitely something to exploit and would make for good tv with the right guests. And those that find his quirks too annoying simply don’t have to watch.

Pretty Penny

Juniors
Either way NRL 360 very rarely actually talks about Rugby League!!! Most of the time they talk about some catastrophe happening in the player or coaching ranks. it is click bait type journalism for the lowest common denominator and nothing much more. Poor standard show. Bubble gum and nothing else.

Pretty Penny

Juniors
It would be interesting with all the stupidity of some rugby league players in the NRL have done this year if the NRL decided to run a poll and see where it stands in terms of participation in junior sport. I work in schools in the Brisbane region and a lot of children are now taking up AFL instead of rugby league. It would be interesting.

mozza91

Coach
It would be interesting with all the stupidity of some rugby league players in the NRL have done this year if the NRL decided to run a poll and see where it stands in terms of participation in junior sport. I work in schools in the Brisbane region and a lot of children are now taking up AFL instead of rugby league. It would be interesting.
Huge if true (it isn’t)

Pretty Penny

Juniors
Certainly AFL is getting a bigger foothold in Brisbane, more teams and more players.

and the NRL is not helping itself, shooting itself in the foot with the embarrassment of the Broncos over the last two years.

FlameThrower

Bench
Is that true about his condition???

souths_reborn

Juniors
Is that true about his condition???
I'm not sure if it has been formally diagnosed as being ADD/ADHD but I have known a couple of blokes who have had it and he displays identical behavioural attributes. You just need to look at how short his attention span is given that he is constantly struggles to stay on topic and is distracted by the most trivial of incidents e.g. a touch judge slipping over, a player getting hit in the head by a ball.

Its a shame that Rex Mossop isn't still around to set Vossy on the straight and narrow. I think if Vossy would have carried on the way he does in the commentary box next to him, then Rex would have given him a bunch of fives. Chances that would have been the end of the matter and Vossy would have been a bit more diligent about staying focused.

African Monkey

First Grade
Not a fan of Vonnie on 360. She's the wrong fit and doesn't have any sort of real knowledge of the game. Good host for other shows though.

Lara Pitt would have been better but those idiots Kent and Hooper don't like her because she doesn't back down to them, unlike Vonnie who just greases and plays nice to everyone.

I think even Michael Ennis could have been a good fit as a host. Someone who actually has a bit of knnowledge about the game both on and off it, not afraid to express an opinion, and would ask tough questions. I think 360 would be a good fit for Ennis.

The_Frog

First Grade
I'm not sure if it has been formally diagnosed as being ADD/ADHD but I have known a couple of blokes who have had it and he displays identical behavioural attributes.
ASD (Autism) and ADHD are two completely different things, although sometimes they both appear on the same person.

This Year?

Immortal
merkiny back to his short, sharp, savage best this week so far in interviews and grandstanding like the complete narcissist that he is when discussing topics with the other panel members.

roofromoz

First Grade
merkiny back to his short, sharp, savage best this week so far in interviews and grandstanding like the complete narcissist that he is when discussing topics with the other panel members.

Sorry, you have to be more specific - do you mean Kent, Hooper, Rothfield, Crawley or Hadley?

roofromoz

First Grade
806073_640x360_large_20210713191906.jpg

806005_640x360_large_20210712184652.jpg

805608_640x360_large_20210707071734.jpg

806074_640x360_large_20210713192523.jpg

shear_joy9

Coach
It’s a tabloid show and fox relies on some of the stupid sensationalist shit the journo’s say for some headlines on their website. People getting riled up about the show is part of its intention

Reactions: gUt