What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Origin III - NSW 18-20 QLD @ Cbus Super

Series: NSW v QLD

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BranVan3000

Coach
Don’t think there’s any need for a third game if the series is decided … obv revenue but why bother ?
They should do something meaningful with the dead rubber

Maybe have it decide where game 1 of the next year is played or something

That way the last winner of the series gets the first home game next year, always a neutral game 2 and the loser of game 3 gets game 3 the following year

Well Mitchell Moses showed he does not belong at this level. Whilst I'm sure he was told to just guide the team around the park, his unforced errors and his complete lack of a running game hurt NSW last night. It made NSW's attack far too predictable.

As to Jack Wighton, he wasn't much better but at least he was willing to run the ball. That said his form is way down this year compared to last. In some respects he was lucky to be in this year's squad in my opinion as he almost looks like a shell of last year.

stryker

First Grade
Why’s that? I live in Sydney but wouldn’t mind living on the Gold Coast. Seems like a nice part of the world?
That proves the point. GC is an expat hub. It is a nice part of the world, we were just discussing why there were so many NSW supporters there last night.

franklin2323

Immortal
Obviously NSW can get stronger next year when their injured return, but so can QLD. Harry Grant and Fifita come back, Brimson, Walsh, Walker…Val Holmes was set for a big game until he got injured…Munster has done f**k all in each game so he will improve and hopefully we get 3 games out of Ponga.
If QLD can find some defensive centres, we are in for some cracking years of origin ahead.

QLD has limited depth as shown up here. Throw in Lindsay Collins being fit too and it should be a closer series

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Why’s that? I live in Sydney but wouldn’t mind living on the Gold Coast. Seems like a nice part of the world?
It of course has its pockets - if I had to live there I’d choose the hinterland, it’s amazing there.

My main issue with the GC is how busy it is during the summer time. Traffic is shit. It also brings in the worst tourists - great for the economy but they make an absolute mess. Trash the beaches, and padestrian areas.

Most Queenslanders would head to Tallebudgera, Burleigh, Mermaid etc, however these have all become Byron 2.0 with tryhards, cashed up vegans and eshays. Then when you head north west the crime is rife. I’ll never forget catching the train from the goldy with mates to brisbane for a bledisloe. I was absolutely certain I was going to get robbed.

johns_reds

First Grade
It of course has its pockets - if I had to live there I’d choose the hinterland, it’s amazing there.

My main issue with the GC is how busy it is during the summer time. Traffic is shit. It also brings in the worst tourists - great for the economy but they make an absolute mess. Trash the beaches, and padestrian areas.

Most Queenslanders would head to Tallebudgera, Burleigh, Mermaid etc, however these have all become Byron 2.0 with tryhards, cashed up vegans and eshays. Then when you head north west the crime is rife. I’ll never forget catching the train from the goldy with mates to brisbane for a bledisloe. I was absolutely certain I was going to get robbed.

I lived in "bang bang Nerang" as I used to call it
I once saw a guy walking down the street outside my house with a hockey mask and machete... "Nice" neighborhood but we moved out soon after that

Surfers is the worse, filled with roid rage pyschos

Only a knob like Wighton would have Latrlll and Tommy T in red hot form and decide not not give them as much early ball as he could.

Have to agree. Seemed like both Wighton and Moses were under instructions to keep turning it back into the forwards as they did that way too often last night.

johns_reds

First Grade
Got to say, If QLD had a fully fit side all series it could have been different

NSW well and truly deserved this years trophy but hopefully next year our boys can stay fit and QLD field the best team throughout the series, It will make for a great series

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
I lived in "bang bang Nerang" as I used to call it
I once saw a guy walking down the street outside my house with a hockey mask and machete... "Nice" neighborhood but we moved out soon after that

Surfers is the worse, filled with roid rage pyschos
Yesss! I forgot the roid culture up there. The fact is, the GC is getting destroyed but it’s not because of Queenslanders

Latest posts