What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 18 vs Melbourne @ AAMI Park

Who will win? Round 18: Melbourne v Newcastle

• Melbourne Storm 13+

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Melbourne Storm 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

perverse

Referee
Bellamy is good...but how good? Success at Newcastle good? I would love to find out. He sucked at Origin level but at Melbourne it has gone far beyond the idea that his players made him look good.

Heaven and Earth need to be moved to get him here. Would be the ultimate challenge for him.
It wouldn't happen overnight, but he's built that club up into a sustained success machine.

Seage

Juniors
It wouldn't happen overnight, but he's built that club up into a sustained success machine.
Forget Bellamy, we should have thrown the kitchen sink to get Phil Gould here. Just framed it as him owing us for saving the ARL 25+ years ago and now we're calling in a favour.

perverse

Referee
Forget Bellamy, we should have thrown the kitchen sink to get Phil Gould here. Just framed it as him owing us for saving the ARL 25+ years ago and now we're calling in a favour.
Yeah, I wouldn't say no to having ol' bee sting face at the club either.

Jono078

Referee
Predictable conference by AOB.

We predicted it here - Blamed the week and mentioned missing players.

Subdued tone and all. This guy seems lost and doesn't know what to do.

Alex28

Coach
It’s unbelievable what the Storm gets away with that no other team can.

Ruck infringements, professional fouls, illegal tackles, forward passes. They get away with the lot.

It’s unbelievable what the Storm gets away with that no other team can.

Ruck infringements, professional fouls, illegal tackles, forward passes. They get away with the lot.
They always do but that doesn't excuse our basic errors, poor organisation and looking like we didn't want to be out there.
Lose against their grubby stuff but put in a committed performance and I'm OK with us.

aqua_duck

Coach
Bellamy is just a coaching god, look we got smashed but storm have been doing that all season long and the scary thing is I don't think they've ever had their full strength team so far this season.
If 3 years ago I told you these players would be part of a team breaking points records you'd tell me I was crazy:
Nicho Hines
George Jennings
Remeis Smith
Justin Olam
Jahrome Hughes
Tui Kamakamika
Aaron Booth
Aaron Pene
Chris Lewis
Tom Eisenhuth

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
I find it staggering that two organisations with similar resources and playing in the same professional sporting competition can be so far apart in terms of what they can produce on the field.

GidleyTwinz

Juniors
Bellamy is just a coaching god, look we got smashed but storm have been doing that all season long and the scary thing is I don't think they've ever had their full strength team so far this season.
If 3 years ago I told you these players would be part of a team breaking points records you'd tell me I was crazy:
Nicho Hines
George Jennings
Remeis Smith
Justin Olam
Jahrome Hughes
Tui Kamakamika
Aaron Booth
Aaron Pene
Chris Lewis
Tom Eisenhuth
Or that there had been a fundamental change in the game from 3 years ago to today...

But I'm sure it's just that Bellamy has become a much better coach since 2018. Amazing improvement given how good he already was!

Apey

Staff member
I barely watched this game despite it, in theory, involving my two favourite teams to watch. The result was predictable but still depressing. Not the first nor last team to get spit roasted by Storm this year.

Yosh

Coach
Bellamy is good...but how good? Success at Newcastle good? I would love to find out. He sucked at Origin level but at Melbourne it has gone far beyond the idea that his players make him look good.

Heaven and Earth need to be moved to get him here. Would be the ultimate challenge for him.

He came out in an interview recently I believe and said he made a mistake at Origin level and thought of it too much like club. He would do things totally differently if he had the chance again.

perverse

Referee
Or that there had been a fundamental change in the game from 3 years ago to today...

But I'm sure it's just that Bellamy has become a much better coach since 2018. Amazing improvement given how good he already was!
I mean, he's clearly adapted to the new rules pretty quickly. I'd call that good coaching. Definitely better than our bang-it-up-the-middle approach that we had for the first 14 or 15 rounds of the comp.

Latest posts