What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pennies v warriors

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
That was awful to watch. A turd on a stick. We are so poor in attack we are bottom four with that sort of quality. Imagine if the Warriors hadn't got so many injuries? We would have lost. The Broncos will be watching this and smacking their lips.

It's certainly good to know that Burton has mastered midfield bombs. Can he do anything else? Just wondering. Is there some sort of rota at the Panthers for passing the ball if you are a half? One week Burton gets to pass and the next week its May. Obviously, this week May was allowed to pass and Burton's job was to see if he could kick the words "Steeden" off the ball. Just dreadful football.

Right now the Panther's are in a big hole and we can only hope they can get back in form in time for the finals.

What a load of absolute twaddle. 46 % of the ball. Penalty count 7 to zip. Allowed to lie in the ruck 3.45W to 3.51P. Yep Warriors had injuries. In the end Penrith did well without their first choice halves. May 3 try assists too. Burton 2 line drop outs.

GongPanther

Referee
Defense has been a bit shit today
This was a platinum chance of extending our for/against. For most of this game, our attack bored me shitless compared to Melbourne's effervescent scoring from last night. Maybe we conserved ourselves for next week's game V Brisbane, but if that was the case, it could have brought us undone.

I was a bit easy on the side last season being it was a trying one not to mention the whole side was finding it's way.

But this season, even with our halves missing, we should be murdering this comp.

We should be far ahead of anyone else...but here we are waiting to play Melbourne. At least that is what I think is on coach Cleary's mind.

BossleyPanther

Juniors
This was a platinum chance of extending our for/against. For most of this game, our attack bored me shitless compared to Melbourne's effervescent scoring from last night. Maybe we conserved ourselves for next week's game V Brisbane, but if that was the case, it could have brought us undone.

I was a bit easy on the side last season being it was a trying one not to mention the whole side was finding it's way.

But this season, even with our halves missing, we should be murdering this comp.

We should be far ahead of anyone else...but here we are waiting to play Melbourne. At least that is what I think is on coach Cleary's mind.
I wouldn't bother

mxlegend99

Referee
May had his best game in years. Still not a half but he was atleast throwing good passes to opem players. Very surprised by his game.

Ref decided to make a game of it. Which is the only reason we had any pressure on us. That game would have been a blowout otherwise with Warriors injuries. The scoreline is kind of embarassing considering their injuries. Could only imagine how badly Nathan and Jarome exposed those tired defenders and exhausted them defensively

age.s

First Grade
Hard to know what to take from that one. Felt over when they went down to 0 on the bench but they hung in well and looked dangerous even towards the end. AFB and Lodge were very difficult for us to handle and we were pretty flat for large periods of the game. We were lucky to get away with this one.

Thought Martin really changed the game when he came on. It's a real luxury to have a guy as good as him coming off the bench. The halves were a bit more cohesive, but hopefully that's the last time we have to use them. May had his best game in the 7, those long passes were straight out of 2020. Kikau looked almost there. To'o, Yeo and Fish all great as usual.

Need to improve, but we've looked rudderless without Cleary/Luai all year so good to get 2 points without them if nothing else.

GongPanther

Referee
Hard to know what to take from that one. Felt over when they went down to 0 on the bench but they hung in well and looked dangerous even towards the end. AFB and Lodge were very difficult for us to handle and we were pretty flat for large periods of the game. We were lucky to get away with this one.

Thought Martin really changed the game when he came on. It's a feal luxury to have a guy as good as him coming off the bench. The halves were a bit more cohesive, but hopefully that's the last time we have to use them. May had his best game in the 7, those long passes were straight out of 2020. Kikau looked almost there. To'o, Yeo and Fish all great as usual.

Need to improve, but we've looked rudderless without Cleary/Luai all year so good to get 2 points without them if nothing else.
We found our form with the new halves combo in the 2nd half of the Sharks game. Since then it's been on the improve. But we really need to solidify some sound form.

Abacus

Juniors
Bank the 2 points...not much more to take out of this. Might have been more 1-sided if we'd started Api.

murraymob

Coach
I would like to see our forwards hit it up off api rather than the off the halves we seem to not make as much ground running the forwards of. The halves

GongPanther

Referee
Any word on Fish?
"Penrith lost James Fisher-Harris in the last few minutes after he had teammate Viliame Kikau land on him in a tackle with Ivan Cleary confirming post-game that he had hurt his knee, rib and neck but was unsure of the extent of the injuries. "

Pomoz

Bench
Did you even watch the second half? He forced two line dropouts and kicked a sweeping kick on the 3rd once to drive the Warriors back. He's hardly the complete half, but at least watch the whole game.
Sadly, I did watch the whole game. You are quite right to point out that he kicked 2 grubbers out of 14 kicks, one of which he kicked dead. Only one repeat set. I don't remember the sweeping kick, does he have a mopping kick and a polishing kick in his repertoire as well?

Anyway, Burton's a great player but his kicking was crap today. He managed to find the winger and fullback pretty consistently, sadly he couldn't do it to his own teams mates when passing. He had a poor game but really, what about the game plan? "Right lads, what we are going to do is kick the ball as high as we can as often as we can. They won't know what hit em". I think the genius game plan had a lot to do with how we played. Incidentally, it is a style of play we have seen Ivan coached teams deliver before, even when Cleary was halfback.

Latest posts