What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 18 vs Brisbane @ Suncorp Stadium

Who will win? Round 18: Brisbane v Wests Tigers

• Brisbane Broncos 13+

Votes: 10 62.5%
  • Brisbane Broncos 1-12

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

• Wests Tigers 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tigerm

First Grade
manly, Warriors, bulldogs, cows, sharks, Panthers & bulldogs is our run home. Because the comp is AIDS this season 11-13 might get you into the 8, meaning we can drop 2 games. A win against Manly would have us in good stead. The only other good team we play is Penrith.
I think the Pennies will want to beat the crap out of us?

It's an obvious long shot, but it would be great if we snuck into the 8 though?
Hard to know what to make of that game however I’m feeling fairly happy with the performance. Not sure if it’s cause we played well or maybe just happy to get a win.

We showed a bit of toughness, grit and surprising class to come back multiple times.

Laurie, Doeuihi and Stefano were great, there’s 3 very good footy players there. Tamou had his best game for the club and thought Pauga was decent enough against Staggs.

Didnt like Mbye being on so long at 9, don’t be fooled by the win, he was terrible. I really don’t think Garner can be in the team moving forward, he offers nothing apart from a decent line in the red zone. Also not many will say it but Twal is just an out and out plodder, if he left I wouldn’t bat an eye lid.

Let’s see how we go against Manly, I’m not expecting much.
We are not a top 6 team and I don't think anyone rated us a such, but if we can get into the 8, it will do me at this stage.
Though if memory serves me well, didn't we flog the Bronc's last year and then went on to never win another game:D
Don't know why they have a dig occasionally and not be able to do it all the time? I think it's all we ask.

Madge mentioned this in his press conference.

I agree with everything you said, the balance is much better this way. Personally I’m dropping Twal for Seyfarth and Garner for Blore next week.
Vic, agree 100% re Garner, I think Olakau’atu will have a field day playing opp Garner this week and Blore will not only love that battle opp Olakau’atu, it's what he needs to cement his place.

Second half was good to watch (obviously.)

Had a very clunky start and first 30 minutes but Brisbane went to shit in the second half, too many errors and taking the wrong option butchering a couple of tries.

The result is what I would expect for a team that had 57% possession, led 6-1 in penalties and completed at 85% versus 68%. We should have won and won well.

Not convinced Mikaele is a starter, he was blowing pretty hard by the 20th minute. We missed something like 41 tackles, Twal was the only player not to miss a tackle (still had one ineffective tackle.) Manly are going to have a field day if we do that against them.

A win is a win though. Was a nice way to cap off the weekend rather than switching it off 15-20 minutes in and having the shits about another insipid performance.

glockers

Juniors
We have a long way to go but there are plenty of positives from that.

Firstly Brooks had a good kicking game and was great defensively. He kicked early when needed and when coming out of our end relieved pressure when he found space often, then in attack he placed his kicks well putting pressure on. I would be happy with that game most weeks from him.

Doeuihi, Laurie, Mikaele, Stefano were all exceptional. Tamou and Luciano both were positive today.

Both centers did their jobs which is enough for me. Talau looked his best playing his natural position instead of filling in elsewhere.

I see criticism of Twal and Garner. I thought both were good defensively which was their main job. The attack and grunt work with the ball comes from the other forwards.

I thought only two Broncos tries were defensive issues from us. The one Haas set up and the grubber are just going to happen against any team.

Nofoluma defensive misread for the first was again concerning...

cerberus

Coach
We have a long way to go but there are plenty of positives from that.

Firstly Brooks had a good kicking game and was great defensively. He kicked early when needed and when coming out of our end relieved pressure when he found space often, then in attack he placed his kicks well putting pressure on. I would be happy with that game most weeks from him.

Doeuihi, Laurie, Mikaele, Stefano were all exceptional. Tamou and Luciano both were positive today.

Both centers did their jobs which is enough for me. Talau looked his best playing his natural position instead of filling in elsewhere.

I see criticism of Twal and Garner. I thought both were good defensively which was their main job. The attack and grunt work with the ball comes from the other forwards.

I thought only two Broncos tries were defensive issues from us. The one Haas set up and the grubber are just going to happen against any team.

Nofoluma defensive misread for the first was again concerning...
both centre's looked and were reggie level at best .

Tiger05

First Grade
when i saw them playing manly . i kept thinking to myself . talau can't count

I have no confidence in him at all. He just makes mistake after mistake. To be fair he was good yesterday apart from that terrible read. We are going to leak points with him and Nofo on the right.

Worse still, I predicted a good thrashing against the odds, so walking around today with nose up in the air being all smug and haughty.

Telling the family dog he’s a loser for not betting on us. “ keep snarling Rufus, you were f**king owned.”

My educated guess is that @Tiger05 picked the 13 plus to us in the poll as well. He has these moments of extreme predictive clarity, but after a win, he keeps his conquests quiet and measured.

glockers

Juniors
Talau was tackling and Laurie was about to cover it over the top. Nofoluma should have stayed on his winger.

Even if you disagree and think Talau's guy was scoring, Nofoluma should still stay on his guy. Let Talau handle or mishandle his own responsibility.

I know this forum hates Talau but he was fine yesterday. Did his job all game, eve if you think that was a mistake, the other 79 minutes were good.

Tiger05

First Grade
Talau was tackling and Laurie was about to cover it over the top. Nofoluma should have stayed on his winger.

Even if you disagree and think Talau's guy was scoring, Nofoluma should still stay on his guy. Let Talau handle or mishandle his own responsibility.

I know this forum hates Talau but he was fine yesterday. Did his job all game, eve if you think that was a mistake, the other 79 minutes were good.

I think it was a poor play by Talau backed up by a poorer play by Nofo. Talau was good yesterday. It's just that he makes a lot of mistakes and I have lost confidence in him.

Latest posts