What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our Fallen Hero Can't Get a Gig

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
McGregor has no value as an assistant coach because apart from being shit as a head coach he has had pretty much no experience as an assistant. Except for that year he took after Steve price after six months and stayed for 7 years
Thanks for reminding me..... ugh ......still annoys the crap out of me when I watch players like Taane Milne, Luciano Leilua, and Jacob Host just for starters running with passion committment and determination under new coaches and thinking what might have been.....and we wonder why we are where we are as a club today....going to take years to right the ship again unfortunately

Mjab

Juniors
Former Dragons coach Paul McGregor backed Milford to reignite his career playing behind one of the NRL's best forward packs at the Eels.

"He's a very good footballer. He hasn't had a great 18 months, but he's a very good footballer," McGregor said on the Big League Wrap.

"You don't lose your ability, at certain times you might lose your passion

Or maybe your just a SH!T coach for 7 years like he was here

TruSaint

Referee
Former Dragons coach Paul McGregor backed Milford to reignite his career playing behind one of the NRL's best forward packs at the Eels.

"He's a very good footballer. He hasn't had a great 18 months, but he's a very good footballer," McGregor said on the Big League Wrap.

"You don't lose your ability, at certain times you might lose your passion

Or maybe your just a SH!T coach for 7 years like he was here

Yeah, he's a shit coach mate. We all know that.

I watched that comment yesterday and to be fair, what was he supposed to say ?

Im all for calling out Mary, but what he said here was spot on. Milf, a few years back, was a game changer. A real talent. Like Latrell, that skill doesn't go away, it just needs to be reignited.

Mjab

Juniors
Yes, your point is correct Trusaint and I agree

I was meaning to imply that after 7 years of shit coaching players lose their passion under his watch and in his case he manages to deskill players (as in who is he to talk) and destroy a club

My PTSD due to him obviously hasnt settled

But what I cant believe is how any media outlet would want to get peanuts opinion , he must be pissing in their pants.
I dont think you could find one supporter other than his family members and Mcguiness to say his opinion is worth anything worth listening to.
Even friends supporting other clubs think hes a joke

My preference would be to never see or hear anything to do with the peanut again

Gomarchin

Juniors
He's that arrogant he probably wouldn't accept an assistant coaching role but waiting to be appointed as head coach (and not having to interview for the role as well).

Gareth67

First Grade
Oh come of it you blokes , I think that some of you may be a bit jealous of him and not you being on the big screen .

Actually he reminds me of the actor Yul Bryner with his polished skull and also there’s a bit of Telly Salvalas there also .

A deep thinker - no doubt ! 😶

Last edited:

HenryTatana

Juniors
With Gus at Dogs now, you may see him pop up as an assistant to his former Illawarra teammate. Gus owes him a favour after McMedia personality got him a gig to review us.

Mjab

Juniors
With Gus at Dogs now, you may see him pop up as an assistant to his former Illawarra teammate. Gus owes him a favour after McMedia personality got him a gig to review us.
Because the Illawarra system produces great coaches

Don’t worry about the Bennett and Bellamy protégés

that would be hilarious

Nicholas Kosic

Juniors
Oh come of it you blokes , I think that some of you may be a bit jealous of him and not you being on the big screen .

Actually he reminds me of the actor Yul Bryner with his polished skull and also there’s a bit of Telly Salvalas there also .

A deep thinker - no doubt ! 😶
🤣

Rob Dragon 1

Juniors
Paul McGregor believes the Rabbitohs will need to be at full fitness at the right time of year to have any chance of winning the grand final.

“Their attack is brilliant and if they can get their defence right for longer periods I think they can be a threat,” McGregor said.

“I think it is down to one of five or six teams and they are certainly one of them. They have won six in a row

He’s like a cane toad, indestructible, you can’t get rid of him.
And this proves once and for all what an absolute imbecile McGregor is:
“I think it is down to one of five or six teams and they are certainly one of them. They have won six in a row".

McGregor you complete fool.

i. It is down to 3 sides only (Melbourne, Penrith and Manly).
ii. Souths beaten by 50 by both Melbourne and Penrith this season.
iii. Parramatta cannot beat a side above them and any side steered around by Mitchell Moses has no hope in the big games.
iv. Easts are gone.

Who on Fox thought getting this idiot on would be a shot in the arm for ratings?

An utter goose of the highest order.

How this for insight:

"Their attack is brilliant and of they can get their defence right...." What an insight, he has unlocked the Rugby League holy grail.

GET ATTACK RIGHT - THEN DEFENCE RIGHT!!!!!!!!!

See, he really knows his stuff does old McGregor. Complete waste of space!