What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rava being rubbed out

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
The Ado Carr incident in Origin 3 was a classic example of a blatant shoulder charge when his back was turned irrespective of where he was hit.....and Ive seen Olam from Melbourne Storm do far worse than Rav and not even draw a penalty let alone a suspension...our club needs to grow some and front the judiciary and get some please explains

Dragon David

First Grade
The Ado Carr incident in Origin 3 was a classic example of a blatant shoulder charge when his back was turned irrespective of where he was hit.....and Ive seen Olam from Melbourne Storm do far worse than Rav and not even draw a penalty let alone a suspension...our club needs to grow some and front the judiciary and get some please explains
They will grow some alright BSE - in the belly that's where.

They will not give the slightest protest for I don't know what reason.

We see things, why can't they. We say things, then why can't they. Has anybody gotten any word back from the club on the "examples" we have been talking about? If not, it should be followed-up, especially by a member or members.

Gareth67

First Grade
They will grow some alright BSE - in the belly that's where.

They will not give the slightest protest for I don't know what reason.

We see things, why can't they. We say things, then why can't they. Has anybody gotten any word back from the club on the "examples" we have been talking about? If not, it should be followed-up, especially by a member or members.
They have said very little indeed DD ,other than Griffo’s lament of ensuring the same applies in the SOO games . It sometimes makes me wonder if they are merely content to be the NRL’s whipping boys .

Also very quiet from the governing body , I haven’t heard anything about the apparent easing of the crack-down from the ex-jockey who now runs the game .

Complete silence from him , perhaps no player can sustain serious head injuries in the SOO , but only club matches ? Who knows , we certainly do not , after all we have only been following the game before that bloke was even born . 😳

Dragon David

First Grade
They have said very little indeed DD ,other than Griffo’s lament of ensuring the same applies in the SOO games . It sometimes makes me wonder if they are merely content to be the NRL’s whipping boys .

Also very quiet from the governing body , I haven’t heard anything about the apparent easing of the crack-down from the ex-jockey who now runs the game .

Complete silence from him , perhaps no player can sustain serious head injuries in the SOO , but only club matches ? Who knows , we certainly do not , after all we have only been following the game before that bloke was even born . 😳
Ditto!

BBTB

Juniors
Our football committee is as weak as piss. Just like the rest of our front office.

Walpole

Juniors

It does appear that we just bend over and take it from the NRL at every opportunity, much like the Tigers or Bulldogs. How did we ever sink so low that we're on the same rung as those teams.

Mjab

Juniors
They are targeting him and he should take them to the courts, with the clubs backing.
Im not a lawyer so I couldnt comment but it would put the NRL and their Judicary processes on notice wouldnt it
It would be a bit of a laugh

They would have to put a lot more effort to be fair reasonable and consistent with their processes
not much to ask

Did they appeal and go to judicary ? I didnt pay attention at the time
If so whoever they had to defend him was piss poor and needs to be replaced by a gun dude not a pussy
The good clubs seem to get downgrades , letoffs etc far more than us because they obviously have a better advocate

Nicholas Kosic

Juniors
Im not a lawyer so I couldnt comment but it would put the NRL and their Judicary processes on notice wouldnt it

They would have to put a lot more effort to be fair reasonable and consistent with their processes
not much to ask

If so whoever they had to defend him was piss poor and needs to be replaced by a gun dude not a pussy
The good clubs seem to get downgrades , letoffs etc far more than us because they obviously have a better advocate
The heavyweights from the heavyweight club's don't want their little Johnnies being tackled by Rav,who's a lethal but legal tackler. I don't remember us ever getting letoffs or downgrades at the judiciary

st.phil

Bench
there is a healthy dose of "pick on the Fijian who is shy, not overly confident speaking in public, has no media profile, no mates in media and is not going to whine on socials" in what has happened to Rava - not gonna use the R word but easily could...

Lovemedragons

Juniors

not much to ask

they took the last one to the judiciary, 5 minutes to reject, little explanation - they'd already decided and knew they wouldn't cause any flak because of the lack of political skills of either poor old Rava or more importantly the St. George Illawarra Dragons.

As mentioned by others, this should be taken to a real court to appeal on the basis of consistency alone, it would at least put the evil NRL on notice.

Dragons4me

Juniors
So Rapanas hit on Sivo was legal. What a joke

You beat me to it Saint Angelo. The eels Raiders game tonight. I couldn't believe it either. How the hell is that OK to anything Rava has done this year? There was no attempt by Rapana to use his arms whatsoever. So Ravalawa, watch Rapana's tackle on Sievo with 8 seconds to go. In other words, use your hips only. Don't bother trying to wrap the attacking player up and you'll get away with it.
Bloody ridiculous!