What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings

Chook Norris

First Grade
How do the mechanics of this work?

Soemthing like: 600-700k market value, joining for half the season 300k, broncos still chipping in 150k or so?~ on the Penrith book for 150k?

roofromoz

First Grade
I dunno about TPG, where does he fit in the 17? Maybe Spencer Leniu gets squeezed out. Unless it is to cover a potential long term injury / suspension in the forwards.

Dogs Of War

Coach

Soemthing like: 600-700k market value, joining for half the season 300k, broncos still chipping in 150k or so?~ on the Penrith book for 150k?

Season ends oct. So it's like 1/4 of the season. So probably stuff all. Lets say 150K. Probably Panthers throwing in 100k with the rest by the Donkeys.

I will say it's good for the Dogs as long as he doesn't get a long term injury. Hopefully gets some confidence playing in a good team. See's how a top of the table team prepares, and might help him improve before he comes to the Dogs.

The_Frog

First Grade

July 20 to November 1 is a tad over quarter of the year. Panthers have denied it anyway and thank goodness for that. Not exactly the way to show confidence in the blokes who've taken you to 15 wins from 17.

Bronco18

Juniors
TPG to the Smugs for the rest of 2021

Early days granted but I can see some issues with the late transfer deadline - teams with no hopes of making a dent in the finals will have players bail out for the top sides or drag their knuckles to will it to happen.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Early days granted but I can see some issues with the late transfer deadline - teams with no hopes of making a dent in the finals will have players bail out for the top sides or drag their knuckles to will it to happen.

At what cost though? It's only going to be players who are off contract, or they want to get rid of. Otherwise they are just hurting their own future as for the player it may be a short term gain to maybe win a comp, but it's unlikely they will be able to do something long term on the money they want, and for a club it's even worse as they will lose that player. And while COVID is around, I don't think there is much choice but to go down this path.

blaza88z

Coach
The Pangai one to me is the most intriguing, on his day there aren't many better.. yet the club is super keen to let him go and I can only imagine we will be paying some of the contract to where ever he ends up, it's not a football ability thing it's obviously an attitude they're not happy with.

Maybe they are hoping that he gets a contract upgrade, in that situation I believe the new club has to pay him in full, as it would be a new deal.

mxlegend99

Referee
Panthers shut the rumour down. They expressed interest but the NRL wanted him on the cap at a price Panthers can't fit in. But it is interesting that the Broncos are that desperate to get rid of him they were happy to chip in the bulk of what's left and it was the NRL that weren't happy with it.

Dogs Of War

Coach
The Pangai one to me is the most intriguing, on his day there aren't many better.. yet the club is super keen to let him go and I can only imagine we will be paying some of the contract to where ever he ends up, it's not a football ability thing it's obviously an attitude they're not happy with.

Maybe they are hoping that he gets a contract upgrade, in that situation I believe the new club has to pay him in full, as it would be a new deal.

Could be good young guys coming through and money is better spent elsewhere. You need to be able to go to market to fill those gaps. And I'm not sure you guys are paying for him elsewhere. Lodge you most definitely are though.

mozza91

Coach
Penrith are short a front row enforcer*

*I’m assuming JFH died after his head, neck and shoulder were all crushed by Kikau in that tackle on the weekend.

MugaB

Coach
Penrith are short a front row enforcer*

*I’m assuming JFH died after his head, neck and shoulder were all crushed by Kikau in that tackle on the weekend.
That's right, JFH doesn't have issues with rival enforcers, its his own that took him out

roofromoz

First Grade
Back on apparently. JFH is returning to Sydney after the Broncos match for the birth of his second child and will have to go through 14 day quarantine when he returns to Queensland so will miss three matches. But wouldn't be available until Round 21 if he does sign