What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Jono078

Referee
Yeah Brooks for mine is a failed experiment. Would rather try something new than persist with him in hopes he turns a corner.

we seem to like to persist with average though, in hopes they magically grow a leg the next year.

Yosh

Coach
Adam Doueihi seems to be the one to target if we are going for a Tigers trade. He seems to be have a good head on his shoulders as well. Interviews really well for 22 year old.

Still Nutty

Juniors
Adam Doueihi seems to be the one to target if we are going for a Tigers trade. He seems to be have a good head on his shoulders as well. Interviews really well for 22 year old.
Doueihi is a gun already and he would be a star in any of the top 4 teams for mine...I would take him in a heartbeat

Jono078

Referee
Don't think Doueihi will be going anywhere.

But would make a fine centre for us next year and then move to 5/8th the following year once Pearce retires or moves on.

The Mole once again reporting that Klemmer is unhappy and wants out. Think this is the 3rd time this year a journo has hinted at Klemmer looking for the exit. Where there's smoke there's usually fire.
It's the Mole.. He'll basically take guesses until he's right about something

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
It's the Mole.. He'll basically take guesses until he's right about something
He was right about the Ramien thing a couple of years ago so it wouldn’t totally shock me if this is true. Also Klemmer seems to have a habit of kicking stones, he supposedly carried on a bit when he missed out on NSW selection a couple of seasons ago. Also he’s not in the leadership group which tells you something.

Anyway I’m not sure how I would feel if this were true and he left. Given how the Saifitis have performed over the last couple of seasons I think our front row is in much better shape than it was when Klemmer first got here. Although his work rate would be missed for sure, it’s hard to find a forward who consistently produces 150+ metres and 30 tackles per game.

PhilGould

Bench
Yeah Mole was the first one saying Ramien wanted out and stuck to his guns every time Toohey tried to say it was rubbish. He's gotten plenty wrong too obviously, but he's not the first or only one saying this.

Klemmer on close to a million is bad whichever way you look at it. Might still be a good fantasy player. I'll take someone who makes 50 less metres per game but is capable of a quick play the ball and moving laterally, probably for half the price.

ryana87

Juniors
Hypothetically.... If he did go, and we had a spare 800k, I can't think of anyone we would want to replace him with..... We could use that money to sign a class 2nd row player like Whelch (off contract 2022).....but with the current rules.... The backline seems more important that the pack..... So maybe we should throw the bank at someone like Manu

Hypothetically.... If he did go, and we had a spare 800k, I can't think of anyone we would want to replace him with..... We could use that money to sign a class 2nd row player like Whelch (off contract 2022).....but with the current rules.... The backline seems more important that the pack..... So maybe we should throw the bank at someone like Manu
Christian Welch? Hes a prop mate

Jono078

Referee
If Klemmer was unhappy then I would let him go. He’s done a good job for us since arriving. He’s done all the tough runs, over and over and over again. Right now he is probably not up to value for us so he deserves to go elsewhere and be happy in his final years.

He will not easily be replaced though, it’ll be more King, Saulo and Croker and none are close to Klemmer’s talents and efforts.

Old dog

Juniors
Based on form you would think the “Klemmer not happy” would likely be true.
Not happy if we have to pay him part of his salary if he leaves but I guess that’s likely hopefully only half

Yosh

Coach
He came to do a job and did it. He turned our rubbish pack into arguable a top 3 in the NRL. Use that money to get a younger up and comer and upgrade the backrow.