What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 19 - Rabbitohs vs Warriors: Saturday 24th July 3pm @Sunshine Coast Stadium

callmack1

Staff member
Now, now, now this is a game I have been looking forward to all Season!! We take on the Warriors on Saturday arvo and I am so pumped for it! Playing the Warriors probably won't be a big deal to most of you but for me, it is always one of the biggest games of the year. Considering I myself am a Kiwi (but bleed Red and Green) and most of my mates, including my best mate, are huge Warriors fans, there's always so much on the line in this one. Bragging rights and plenty of boxes of beer haha. Gonna make a bit of an event of it this year too, plenty of people coming round to mine to watch.

The Warriors are struggling big time of late. They've lost their past five or six in a row I think and have looked fairly averagre in some of those games. Their confidence will be down and they'll be unsure of themselves. However, when you confidence is low and your side is not going so well, that's where the desperation comes and I'm sure the Warriors will be extremely desperate this week. They'll still believe they can play Finals and mathematically they can so there is so much at stake for them in this one. It's also a big chance to make a statement and claim a top four scalp. Their side will be weakened a bit due to their injuries and they could be missing three or four. However, they still have a decent side that on their day, is capable of going with anyone. Their forward pack especially is impressive so that is the key battle this week as well as stopping Reece Walsh which is easier said than done.

For us, we kind of need to get back on the horse so to speak. I know we've now won six in a row but we all have to admit, that game against the Dogs is not where we want to be. We're better than that and the boys will know it so this week is all about proving we are so much better than that. I speak about attitude a lot and it was clearly off last week so that needs to be better this week. No complacency please. With a better attitude, should come better defence and that's a key area the boys let themselves down in against the Dogs so our 'D' has to be a big focus here. We are probably going to be missing a few too. AJ and Tatola for sure but possibly Benji, Graham and Knight too which makes it a bit harder. Still, I'm confident we have the depth to cover.

So a huge week for me this week!! So keen though. Hopefully a Sunny Saturday arvo game and we get a great crowd there on the Sunshine Coast. Bring it on!!

callmack1

Staff member
Here's my predicted line up for Round 19,

1. Mitchell
2. Mansour
3. Gagai
4. Graham
5. Milne
6. Walker
7. Reynolds (C)
8. Nicholls
9. Cook
10. Burgess
11. Koloamatangi
12. Host
13. Murray

14. Marshall
15. Arrow
16. Mago
17. Su'A

That's how I expect it to be named. I know we'll probably be without Graham but he'll be named and given the full week to pass concussion protocols. I expect that Knighty won't play given his history. Not sure what's happening with Benji either but I'm assuming he's coming to Queensland this week so may be good to go.

Otherwise, for mine, Hosty should come into the starting side for Jaydn and I think Arrow is allgood to return so we'll see.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Benji won’t be playing bro, pretty much said he wouldn’t be in the rehab report yesterday. Theyre not sure when he can get up to QLD and when he does they need to follow Covid protocols and build his training up a bit so he can play.

callmack1

Staff member
Benji Marshall has been dubbed “no chance” of playing with South Sydney this Saturday, while fellow veteran Josh Mansour is now locked in a two-way battle for his own NRL recall.

Despite scoring six tries in his last four games, Taane Milne will be dropped back to the bench for South Sydney’s clash with the Warriors despite Alex Johnston’s injury.

Milne has been in terrific form on the right wing but will wear the number 14 jersey on Saturday afternoon with Jaxson Paulo and Josh Mansour preferred as the starters.

Mansour is expected to line up on the left wing vacated by Johnson, who suffered a hamstring injury against the Bulldogs.

Paulo will replace Milne on the right.

Souths hooker Damien Cook has also revealed neither himself or fellow NSW Origin star Cameron Murray will be rested between now and the playoffs, stressing the pair are “fit and flying” after the Blues series win.

While Marshall initially stayed in Sydney with his young family, Cook said the 36-year-old would do the mandatory 14-day quarantine with those 500 NRL family members granted entry into Queensland.

“We’re no chance of having Benji Saturday,” the Souths No.9 said. “He will go through the same quarantine process as the families.”

Quizzed on the omission of Johnston, who will miss between two weeks and a month, Cook added: “Hopefully he’s not out too long … because AJ does an outstanding job.

“His combination with Cody Walker is the best in the competition.

“They know each other so well, they’ve linked up for a far few tries and linebreaks this year.”

Cook also said neither he or Murray would be rested following the Blues series win, given the pair took a match off after Origin I when fellow Blue Latrell Mitchell backed up.

“We’ve had our spell,” he said. “We got ours early when we didn’t back up and Latrell Mitchell did.

“And if Latrell didn’t have that couple of weeks off with suspension he would’ve had that week off as well.

“But we’re now back in the swing of things here. They (Souths staff) have managed us really well to ensure we’re fresh and flying.”

Jai Arrow will also come off the bench in his return from suspension after he was ruled out of Origin III following a breach of the NRL’s biosecurity rules.

southsport

First Grade
Mitchell
Mansour
Gagai
Graham
Paulo
Walker
Reynolds
Nicholls
Cook
Burgess
Koloamatangi
Su'A
Murray

Milne
Host
Mago
Arrow

Burns
Cartwright
Taaffe
Hawkins

callmack1

Staff member
Rabbitohs Team List For Round 19: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2021/07/20/rabbitohs-team-list-for-round-19/

Pretty interesting line up this week which for the most part, I'm pretty happy with. Certainly a few surprises in there. The big one is Milne to the bench and Paulo in. This is the only selection I'm not so sure about. Taane has been fantastic, brilliant in fact and doesn't deserve to be dropped while I'm sure we still all hold reservations about Paulo. The only explanation I can think of is that with no Reserve Grade, Wayne has done this to cycle some guys through and give them a go in case injuries strike later. Taane will probably play as a forward. So really, he hasn't been dropped, kind of rested in a way. That's how I see it anyway and it's not a bad call I guess.

Aside from that, good to see Trell, Sauce and Jai back with Cammy named in an otherwise unchanged side.

Pretty happy with that, strong team! Keen for game day!!

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Rabbitohs Team List For Round 19: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2021/07/20/rabbitohs-team-list-for-round-19/

Pretty interesting line up this week which for the most part, I'm pretty happy with. Certainly a few surprises in there. The big one is Milne to the bench and Paulo in. This is the only selection I'm not so sure about. Taane has been fantastic, brilliant in fact and doesn't deserve to be dropped while I'm sure we still all hold reservations about Paulo. The only explanation I can think of is that with no Reserve Grade, Wayne has done this to cycle some guys through and give them a go in case injuries strike later. Taane will probably play as a forward. So really, he hasn't been dropped, kind of rested in a way. That's how I see it anyway and it's not a bad call I guess.

Aside from that, good to see Trell, Sauce and Jai back with Cammy named in an otherwise unchanged side.

Pretty happy with that, strong team! Keen for game day!!
I had a feeling about Paulo coming back into the team, that's why I asked about his status.

I kinda like the move, Taane can double up as an edge foward if needed if injuries occur, whereas Paulo or Mansour can't, neither can Burns, Cartwright appears to be banished - what a F...ing waste of money he is.

Hope Paulo can do well, for Souths future, he needs to start stepping up, and proving he is a worthy 1st grader. If he can, that's great for the club, if he can't it means more money spent on dead wood.

handyman2190

Bench
Ive said it many times paulo a charlie stains he isnt,there are a few backs we need to replace, fat marsters, paulo etc cartwright must be on min wage which is around 120k but is useless,we need to recruit what we dont have juniors wise,but our recruitment is bs