What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

murraymob

Coach
Covid
Can someone breakdown today’s rules please
I work as a essential device work not emergency services or medical who can work

DinkyDi

Juniors
Covid
Can someone breakdown today’s rules please
I work as a essential device work not emergency services or medical who can work

Tighter restrictions have been announced for Sydney as NSW Health and authorities scramble to gain control over the current COVID-19 outbreak.

Another 111 new local COVID-19 cases and the third death of the outbreak were confirmed on Saturday.

Greater Sydney, including the Blue Mountains, Wollongong, Shellharbour and the Central Coast, is currently in lockdown, with residents given only four reasons to leave home.

But given the number of new local cases being out in the community while infectious remains stubbornly high, Premier Gladys Berejiklian said tighter restrictions were needed.

Of the new cases announced on Saturday, 29 were not in quarantine during their infectious period.

Sydney restrictions​

From 11.59pm on Saturday, non-essential retail will be forced to close, except for takeaway and home delivery.

Supermarkets, grocery stores, pharmacies, health stores, petrol stations, car hire, banks and financial institutions, hardware stores, agriculture and rural supplies, pet supplies, post offices and newsagents and office supply stores will be allowed to remain open.

Residents of Fairfield, Canterbury-Bankstown and Liverpool council areas cannot leave their local government area for work except for emergency services and healthcare workers.

Where those workers do need to leave their LGA for work, they are required to be tested every three days, even if they do not have symptoms.

Masks are being made mandatory in all outdoor work settings, in outdoor markets, outdoor shopping strips and in any outdoor queues such as takeaway food.

Carpooling is also being banned.

From Monday, all construction will be paused across Greater Sydney, including non-urgent maintenance, cleaning services and repair work until at least July 30.

The decision to tighten restrictions was made after the NSW crisis cabinet met on Friday.

NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian.
NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian. Credit: Lisa Maree Williams/Getty Images
Sydney’s construction sites will be shut down.

HEALTH & WELLBEINGTOOLS DOWN: Greater Sydney construction sites to CLOSE as part of new COVID-19 restrictions​

“It is not good enough for us to tread water which is what we’re doing now,” Berejiklian said on Saturday.

“We have certainly prevented thousands and thousands of cases but we haven’t managed to quash the curve and that is why the New South Wales government is taking further action from today.

“We want to make sure we have a no-regrets policy.

“We want to get out of this lockdown as soon as we can.

“We want individuals, families and businesses to bounce back as soon as we can, and that’s why we’ve taken some very difficult decisions.”

Stay-at-home orders​

The new restrictions come after rules were tightened last week.

Currently, only two people are allowed to gather outdoors for exercise or recreation.

When out for exercise, people must stay in their local council area or within 10km of their home.

Browsing in shops is prohibited and only one person per household can go shopping for essential goods each day.

Funerals are also limited to 10 people in total.

The intimate bubble arrangement still remains and people can visit their partners if they do not live with them.

The four reasons to leave home remain in place, which are shopping for food and essentials, medical care, exercise limited to two people and essential work.

Whino

Bench
Hoppa the 2nd!

Huddersfield forward Kenny Edwards has been banned for 10 matches for putting his finger up the backside of an opponent.
The New Zealander was put on report by referee Ben Thaler during the Giants' 50-12 home defeat by Catalans Dragons last Thursday following a complaint brought by Dragons prop Sam Kasiano.

Edwards was charged by the Rugby Football League's match review panel with a Grade F offence, the most serious available to it, for "other contrary behaviour" and referred to an independent tribunal, which handed out the punishment following a hearing on Wednesday evening.

Edwards, a former Catalans player, pleaded guilty to the charge and was also handed a £500 fine.

Catalans back-rower Joel Tomkins was suspended for eight games for a similar offence last year, while wingers Tommy Makinson (St Helens) and Tom Lineham (Warrington) were suspended for five and eight matches respectively for grabbing opponents' testicles.

murraymob

Coach
Covid
I would not be surprised to see the comp suspended . .South Australia now in lock down .Just a matter of time for QLD

DinkyDi

Juniors
Yes and so am I but it is ok for you to question my opinion I see.
Here we go again. I have never said that you are not allowed to have your opinion, and nor did I question it. This is an opinion based forum, where opinions are shared. Clearly I needed to spell that out to you.

Black Diamond

Juniors
Here we go again. I have never said that you are not allowed to have your opinion, and nor did I question it. This is an opinion based forum, where opinions are shared. Clearly I needed to spell that out to you.
You might need to spell it out to yourself Jane