What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Squad: Gains, Losses & Re-signings.

redv13

Bench
Bird, McCullough and McGuire I would assume would allheavily reduced contracts on around the 450K mark

Lomax is on around 550K

Hun 1.2mill and De Belin based on reports 700K

The rest such as Lawrie , Alvaro , Burns etc I would assume and should hope lol that they are not on very high contracts
Please!! Hunt is not on 1.2. Idiots like Ratfield have a stab in the dark with shit lists of top 100 $$$ etc Lomax on 650 a year blah blah bullshit.

BIG RIG

Juniors
Wrong and wrong
I’m only posting what the media is putting out

When Lomax re-signed they stated he was on 550k and then the Telegraph the other week said he was on 650K

Not my words just what I’ve read and heard around the media who obviously are notoriously wrong

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
agree I would be amazed if Hunt is on more than $1m pa

the length of his contract was so much security vs other options at the time

redv13

Bench

When Lomax re-signed they stated he was on 550k and then the Telegraph the other week said he was on 650K

Not my words just what I’ve read and heard around the media who obviously are notoriously wrong
Forget the media, these maggots have zero idea most times.

kit66

Bench
Zero Tackle has a list of the highest paid players and the amounts they are on. Hunt $1.1M, JDB $750K and of course Norman $850K. Next year we'll have only 2 players in the top50 rich list. Most teams have 4,5 or 6 on the list. only us, the doggies and weirdly enough the Panfers have 2 or less.

Dragon David

First Grade
Zero Tackle has a list of the highest paid players and the amounts they are on. Hunt $1.1M, JDB $750K and of course Norman $850K. Next year we'll have only 2 players in the top50 rich list. Most teams have 4,5 or 6 on the list. only us, the doggies and weirdly enough the Panfers have 2 or less.
Thanks kit66. I wonder what the Bulldogs will pay Tevita-Pangai jnr in his 3 year confirmed today signing with them?

Dragon David

First Grade
Yeah, makes you weep doesn't it. I don't even want to know how much, I've suffered enough. :)
Would have loved him in our squad. If the dogs get Vaughan as well, they will have good forwards, which they have lacked in the last few years, together with a speedy backline and spells danger for us as they beat us with lesser players.

stgeorge1

Juniors
Not over the top so the Dogs look like they got a good deal there. The only way is up for the Dogs next year, bastards!

Read the comics first more truth there

Ghostrider22

Juniors
Not over the top so the Dogs look like they got a good deal there. The only way is up for the Dogs next year, bastards!
Why can’t we do the same Dragon Dave, we are so poor in recruitment. And we have so-called multi millionaire, we should be able match it with the likes of the Roosters, Souths, Melbourne. As you have stated look at Canterbury they are stretching field. So we sit on our hands and do nothing, or this a political issue with the board not willing to do anything.

Dragon David

First Grade
I've read that Trent Robinson has dropped Josh Morris stating that he has played a lot of games lately and his form has suffered so needs time out and rejuvenate. I'm thinking he may not be re-signed for next year and he might retire just as Brett has.

Mjab

Juniors
Why can’t we do the same Dragon Dave, we are so poor in recruitment. And we have so-called multi millionaire, we should be able match it with the likes of the Roosters, Souths, Melbourne. As you have stated look at Canterbury they are stretching field. So we sit on our hands and do nothing, or this a political issue with the board not willing to do anything.
The Gordons involvement to me has only been to the detriment of the club
Done nothing and been key to the last 7-8yrs misery

I assumed when they bought in that this would transform things like at Souths and Rorters , good 3rd party "bonuses" typical at Rorters with uncle Nick .
Sadly NO

They have 100's millions is my understanding ??

If I had that sort of money and loved the club Id be pumping some in and making a difference , state art facilities and attracting star players attractive TPPs and top notch staff

instead same old shit , Dragons footy and protecting Peanut for years from being removed

Definately should have gone with the other suitors IMO

Dragon David

First Grade
Our Bigwigs in the Tower and Bruce Gordon like to be neither seen nor heard. Brucie should never have been given the nod of the 50% stake in the StG/Illawarra joint venture. Paul Smith might have done things a lot more different is what me thinks.

Please read - https://www.nospam47.com/au/league/...truggling-nrl-club/14ni9canzjkc21nnpjzb26ntgi

Dragon David

First Grade

I assumed when they bought in that this would transform things like at Souths and Rorters , good 3rd party "bonuses" typical at Rorters with uncle Nick .
Sadly NO

If I had that sort of money and loved the club Id be pumping some in and making a difference , state art facilities and attracting star players attractive TPPs and top notch staff

instead same old shit , Dragons footy and protecting Peanut for years from being removed

Yes, agree with your "Definately should have gone with the other suitors IMO".

Ghostrider22

Juniors

Sadly NO

So true Mjab

Dragon David

First Grade
Sorry not able to get what I have asked for you to read Ghostrider22.

It reads -
Paul Smith, owner of NBL mega franchise the Sydney Kings, has hit out at the St George Illawarra Dragons after his $12 million bid to obtain a 50 per cent stake in the club was rejected.

The Sydney Morning Herald's Andrew Webster reports Smith's company Total Sports and Entertainment was on the brink of snaring part ownership of the famous club, only to be blindsided by WIN Corporation and Bruce Gordon late in negotiations.

Whilst it's never been officially revealed what WIN offered for their part, the Herald reports it is rumoured to be close to $10 million.
Appearing on Sky Sports Racing's Big Sports Breakfast, Webster explained how Smith's bid for half a stake in the famous franchise slipped out of his hands.
"He an interesting guy Paul," Webster said. "He had a business called Repucom that works in sports marketing and dealt with a lot of American sports, and sold that business for about $260 million two years ago, so he's cashed up.

"His business Total Sports and Entertainment had made a pretty strong bid at about $12 million for the 50 per cent share that Illawarra were selling in St George Illawarra.
"He really thought he was a strong chance of getting it and all of a sudden WIN entered the negotiations again and suddenly had it, with Brian Johnston the Dragons chairman becoming CEO and that sort of blindsided him."
Since taking ownership late in 2018, and installing Gordon's son Andrew as previous CEO Peter Doust's successor, the joint venture has undergone the worst season on and off the field in its history.
Once one of the most famous brands in Australian sport, the Dragons have all but misplaced their identity, with the club's faithful supporter base becoming growingly frustrated heading into the 2020 season.
What will further fuel their frustrations with how the club has been operated will be the fact that Smith - a South Coast local and avid Dragons fan - had visions of turning the club into the "New York Yankees of Australia sport."
The Dragons now enter season 2020 as arguably the most under pressure side in the competition, having finished 15th last season.
After narrowly surviving the club's post-season review, spearheaded by coaching mastermind Phil Gould, Paul McGregor will have the opening months of the season to save his job.
Meanwhile, questions remain over the club's roster, with veterans Issac Luke and Trent Merrin being signed this off-season despite the glaring need for more reinforcements in the backline.
Add to that the pressure a number of key players will be under next year having not aimed up in 2019, such as Ben Hunt, Corey Norman and Tariq Sims, and the Dragons' issues continue to stack up.

Ghostrider22

Juniors
Our Bigwigs in the Tower and Bruce Gordon like to be neither seen nor heard. Brucie should never have been given the nod of the 50% stake in the StG/Illawarra joint venture. Paul Smith might have done things a lot more different is what me thinks.

Please read - https://www.nospam47.com/au/league/...truggling-nrl-club/14ni9canzjkc21nnpjzb26ntgi
Yes Dragon Dave, Paul is a Dragon and so is the Boss of Bingo waste, that’s the problem. It will never change till they, the Illawarra side is gone or maybe they want the Dragon side gone, then we are stand alone or don’t exist.