What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

stryker

First Grade
These journos have the best jobs. They get on the grog, speak complete and utter BS as you do but then they get paid to tell sober people their BS.

Someone should call them out on their BS. Just say you made that up you idiot.
That is the club’s job.
Silence adds credence to the story.
All journos attack the club. The club needs to clarify and dispell the lies.

Tiger05

First Grade
That is the club’s job.
Silence adds credence to the story.
All journos attack the club. The club needs to clarify and dispell the lies.

You might think that but personally I'd just ignore the f**ken idiots. Why bother with the fools stating it and the fools who believe it.

The club needs to do not a f**ken thing. If someone brings it up they should just laugh out loud and state what a f**ken idiot.

One thing I will state is that the club should deny any rumour regarding signigs until they have an official announcement.

How does this affect the club at all. It's forgotten in a weeks time.

BrotherJim05

Bench
huge NO to Corey Norman. Our strategy should be simple:
- Develop juniors into quality NRL players
- Sign experienced players who knows what it takes to win and will do it at all costs

I'd be happy to sign Finucane on overs. Some of the best minds in NRL have huge wraps on him for his leadership and competitiveness. I know people might say "we tried that with Tamou and he isn't living up to the hype" but their is a huge difference between the two - Finucane would instantly be our best forward and he doesn't look like he's slowing down.

Tiger05

First Grade
Finucane isn't coming and to that is a good thing. I'd take him on a 2 year contract with however many more years in our favor. Way too risky a signing though.

I think we need to focus on just getting quality signings. Stef, AS and Laurie are exactly the type of signings we need. You keep picking up guys like that and we will move up the ladder.

WA Tiger

Bench
Until Madge disappears every Pangai Jnr looking for a club will be bypassing the tigers…and come to think of it have been for a long time …

Tigerm

First Grade
Until Madge disappears every Pangai Jnr looking for a club will be bypassing the tigers…and come to think of it have been for a long time …
Can’t see Madge going anytime soon, so we will just to develop our own, which has already started?
We’ll get there eventually.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
Can’t see Madge going anytime soon, so we will just to develop our own, which has already started?
I estimate I have 10 years of life left in me (give or take a year or two) Can't see us getting there in my lifetime.
I'm sorry to say I can't see things turning around any time soon with Madge. Flanagan might be able to bring some players to us. I wouldn't get super excited but I would give him a shot just so I could think that maybe it would make a difference.

Tigerm

First Grade
I estimate I have 10 years of life left in me (give or take a year or two) Can't see us getting there in my lifetime.
I'm sorry to say I can't see things turning around any time soon with Madge. Flanagan might be able to bring some players to us. I wouldn't get super excited but I would give him a shot just so I could think that maybe it would make a difference.
Mate, you will have a shit load more years in you, we’ll win a few before we all go😂

WA Tiger

Bench
Unfortunately the strings on the obviously incompetent Madge is being pulled by an equally incompetent CEO…I couldn’t believe that vid started with Pascoes “what gives me the shits is people don’t like hard work” Seeing that in the start of the vid tells me that’s why they are keeping Madge …the results don’t matter the moneys coming in so that’s ok ….Problem is no one likes hard work if they can avoid it ..esp if they can be paid heaps as well ..tell me I’m wrong…Pangai doesn’t want to work Madges hard who would thats why we missed him

WA Tiger

Bench
Anyway look where all the hard work has got the tigers second last last…someone has to wake up at HQ sooner preferable to later

Tigerm

First Grade
Unfortunately the strings on the obviously incompetent Madge is being pulled by an equally incompetent CEO…I couldn’t believe that vid started with Pascoes “what gives me the shits is people don’t like hard work” Seeing that in the start of the vid tells me that’s why they are keeping Madge …the results don’t matter the moneys coming in so that’s ok ….Problem is no one likes hard work if they can avoid it ..esp if they can be paid heaps as well ..tell me I’m wrong…Pangai doesn’t want to work Madges hard who would thats why we missed him
Do you think other coaches will have an easy, soft philosophy? These blokes are paid bucket loads of money to play? They supposedly got to NRL because they could play, they can do it, because they have done it occasionally? But clock off in most games for some reason?
Do you believe the Storm train softly? Bellamy is a supposed hard task master?

Tigerm

First Grade
Anyway look where all the hard work has got the tigers second last last…someone has to wake up at HQ sooner preferable to later
We're actually 2pts off the 8, with a reasonable draw. Anything can happen, but its up to the players.

Vozzy

Juniors
I don't think we should buy players just because they are available. TPJ to me was going to be Adam Blair 2.0. Like he had a good game against Cowboys 2 years ago and has been suspended a lot since.

Like Penrith went the junior pathway route for 5 years and are now a complete squad. Melbourne buy toilers mixed with young guys from Qld cup. You don't need to waste money is my point we already did that. Missing out on TPJ isn't the same as missing out on Latrell or JAC.

tiger102

Juniors
Two young players the club should have a good at are Preston Riki from Redcliffe ( second row) and Ezra Mam a young 5/8 half back from Souths- Logan.