What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Billy Walters

Big Pete

Referee
We knew this had been in the pipeline for sometime, I remember when the Tigers were going to trade him for some unknown called Reece Walsh.

He'll be the 14 next year which will make the tussle between Turpin and Paix interesting.

Showtime

Juniors
We knew this had been in the pipeline for sometime, I remember when the Tigers were going to trade him for some unknown called Reece Walsh.

He'll be the 14 next year which will make the tussle between Turpin and Paix interesting.

In your opinion, is Turpin a starting 9 in the NRL? Not questioning his defence but in attack he isn’t explosive out of dummy half nor does he have the skill set of a Hodgson or the power of say B. Smith. I appreciate his efforts especially in a team that folds so quickly but I’m just not sure he’s a starting 9.

Big Pete

Referee
In your opinion, is Turpin a starting 9 in the NRL? Not questioning his defence but in attack he isn’t explosive out of dummy half nor does he have the skill set of a Hodgson or the power of say B. Smith. I appreciate his efforts especially in a team that folds so quickly but I’m just not sure he’s a starting 9.
No.

Turpin is a handy back-up option who belongs in the NRL system but he just doesn't have the ability to dominate at this level.

DeeJ

Bench
Turpin's dynamic qualities have now all regressed in favour of his defense - specifically making 50 tackles per game. He used to hit hard and sprint out of dummy half, and he wasn't afraid to kick or put on a play. Now that's all been put away so he can become McCullough 2.0.

blaza88z

Coach
Turpin is solid defensively and is good for an occasional kick into a corner

Doesn't offer any sort of spark, if we had a potent dummy half playing off the back of some of Payne Haas's carries.. we'd be a much stronger team in attack