What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Jono078

Referee
Bit of a gamble. He's not the most natural kicker I've seen so that would place a bit of pressure on Clifford. Other than that I think he has the tools to be successful there.

If they Say Hodgson is as good as he is, then this is the logical progression and I'm sure Ponga will excel there, especially in the 6-again era.

Knight Tales

Juniors
Hard to see KP leaving now. It is great news. I think the 6 is where he will excel. He gets worked over so much at fullback. Playing 6 will prolong his career. Young Bailey Hodgson hopefully will be ready next season, and can develop steadily and by 2023 be our fullback.

Frederick

Staff member
Hypothetically.... If he did go, and we had a spare 800k, I can't think of anyone we would want to replace him with..... We could use that money to sign a class 2nd row player like Whelch (off contract 2022).....but with the current rules.... The backline seems more important that the pack..... So maybe we should throw the bank at someone like Manu
TPJ would've been the ideal use of Klems money but that ship has sailed

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
TPJ would've been the ideal use of Klems money but that ship has sailed
No way. If I’m throwing $800K around I’d rather get a consistent performer over than a guy who will play 3 great games a season, get suspended for another 5 and be a wanker on and off field for the rest of the time.

Yosh

Coach
Is Ponga to 6 a solid rumor?

Seeing how the game is going and seeing the Storm with run first halves, I think Ponga left and Clifford right might just be the answer after Pearce finishes.

Jono078

Referee
Who is running the Cowboys? Apparently they've offered Finucane 1.8M for 3 years. That along with Townsend are poor recruitment decisions I think.

Titans apparently in the race for him too, they would be a good fit for him I think.

ryana87

Juniors
Who is running the Cowboys? Apparently they've offered Finucane 1.8M for 3 years. That along with Townsend are poor recruitment decisions I think.

Titans apparently in the race for him too, they would be a good fit for him I think.
600k a year seems about right to me?

ryana87

Juniors
Slightly off topic.... But Moley and Toohey are having a tiny war of words on twitter over the Watson/Klemmer rumours

Yosh

Coach
If we get Klemmer's 800/900k a year off the books for Finucane for 600k, I'm all for it to be honest. Like for like but cheaper.

Knight Tales

Juniors
Slightly off topic.... But Moley and Toohey are having a tiny war of words on twitter over the Watson/Klemmer rumours
I know who I'd believe. Mole lost all credibility years ago. Once he was sniper like with his breaking news. Problem is the newspapers worked out player contract rumours are among the biggest selling sports news articles going and everyone got in on it. It is literally every league journo's main income stream now outside of scandals. You'll get five different versions of the same story. Brent Read remains the best in my view. He will actually get people like Andre Ponga to talk to him. He's also a very decent fella.

Jono078

Referee
I don't like it. Hope we haven't upped our offer in desperation.

Don't like offering a 30 year-old back a 3-year contract either. You watch him come here for 3 years and spend more time on the sidelines than playing - it's the Knights way.

I also can't understand how Finucane and Gagai have been our two big targets when we have someone like Zammit who is meant to be one of the best at identifying good young talent.

Latest posts