What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings And News

callmack1

Staff member

Travitoh

First Grade
Hi trav,i listened but dosent say much about recruitment, im keen on that centre sly that got released today by the titans,we should be jumping on fellows like this
It's more the Economist to listen to when he discusses team purity, games played and analytical approaches to getting the most out of the salary cap. I get the impression that Blake Solly is of similar mind. The NRL Economist on his own would be a really good podcast.

Treymain Spry was contracted for next season and requested a release. It appears the guy has some personal issues going on and wanted to step away from the NRL for a while.

handyman2190

Bench
It's more the Economist to listen to when he discusses team purity, games played and analytical approaches to getting the most out of the salary cap. I get the impression that Blake Solly is of similar mind. The NRL Economist on his own would be a really good podcast.

Treymain Spry was contracted for next season and requested a release. It appears the guy has some personal issues going on and wanted to step away from the NRL for a while.
A change to sydney would be a great change for him,lol hey what about kurtis scott? Know he is a magnet but he knows he needs to come good or his out

Travitoh

First Grade
A change to sydney would be a great change for him,lol hey what about kurtis scott? Know he is a magnet but he knows he needs to come good or his out
Curtis Scott is a signing i would expect Wests to make, not Souths. His performances aren't worth the trouble.

IMO, Souths are better off going with Paulo (Milne to centre) or Burns to replace Gagai if he leaves. Both are well thought of by the club and Paulo in particular has his best years ahead of him.

southsport

First Grade
Curtis Scott is a signing i would expect Wests to make, not Souths. His performances aren't worth the trouble.

IMO, Souths are better off going with Paulo (Milne to centre) or Burns to replace Gagai if he leaves. Both are well thought of by the club and Paulo in particular has his best years ahead of him.
Yeah, Paulo is unpopular among some supporters but I'd like to see what he might offer in the future.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I dont know if any of u have read a gun centre was released today by the titans,spry is his name apparently scored 8 trys in 8 games. Now there is one we should target as a priority,would come cheap and replace gagai,or marsters,or burns etc etc
Agree would be a handy cheap signing. He has big potential.

Rabbits20

Immortal
This "öffer them 1 year" policy might be a good way to force out players you don't want anymore but it also causes players you do want to look elsewhere.
Exactly mate. I’d expect Gagai and Cody to walk if they can’t get more than 1 year.

I get the club has been burnt by long contracts but what’s wrong with meeting in the middle and giving 2 years?

southsport

First Grade
Exactly mate. I’d expect Gagai and Cody to walk if they can’t get more than 1 year.

I get the club has been burnt by long contracts but what’s wrong with meeting in the middle and giving 2 years?
Who is saying that Souths haven't offered Gags 2 years......only the media and they quite often don't know any more than us.

callmack1

Staff member
ARL, NZRL withdraw from World Cup over welfare, safety concerns: https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/07/22/arl-nzrl-withdraw-from-world-cup-over-welfare-safety-concerns/

Livid Rugby League World Cup boss responds after Kangaroos, Kiwis officially pull out: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/wo...s/news-story/971bfcb1ee8f368a6251c9d9e4e2e51a

Man, this is huge news!! I'm shocked to be honest. Who would've thought this would ever happen?! Crazy times. You can understand why but it's still extremely disappointing. Surely it gets postponed to 2022 now.

'Olympics a priority' - Rugby league aiming for Brisbane 2032 Games: https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/07/22/olympics-a-priority-rugby-league-aiming-for-brisbane-2032-games/

Rabbits20

Immortal
The "1 year deal strategy" strikes again. Talk of Reyno white-anting the club should instead be Solly white-anting the club.
Fully agree and he’s arrogant too well that’s how he came across when me and Dad spoke to him. I don’t like the guy. He doesn’t care what the members think he even said it himself.