What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd19: Parra v Raiders @ CBUS stadium GAME DAY THREAD 22/7/21

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Don't let this moment go mate. It's your time to shine.
thumbsup.gif
It’s his premiership window.

hindy111

Post Whore
They have two of the best spine players in the game. Just throw them the ball and tries appear. I agree Hasler can coach but how much coaching is required for that?

Against Dragons there was a try where Foran deliver a nice pass close to the line to a back running straight with two guys sweeping behind. Why this worked was it happened at speed.
Our sweeping movements are just the fullback sweep around to the centre or 2nd rower pushing wide. We rarely have decoy runners hitting the line at full speed.

We also are not offloading out wide with gaps present. Papali'i as good as he has been missed 2 chances last night holding the ball.

We are playing our safest 13 players and safest footy. With our squad we can do this and beat 65% of sides. And finish 4-7th.
Come finals it won't cut the mustard. BA needs to take risks come these games or we are just bowing out in similar fashion.

We are a side that lacks creativity. Bryce for mine can give us that and needs 30mins a game.

After Pensini debut id be wondering if he should stay in the side. He was great and adds some potency in attack.

Waqa I have to say just looks clumsy. He is big and strong however. Unsure what we do with him moving forward. But Opacic/Pensini look likely centres of future.

hindy111

Post Whore
The voice of reason, I think credit to the King for his desire to want to play rather than kicking him while he is down.

Gutherson I reckon we need to be carefull with. If he loses anymore speed and power which is already low level for a fullback he will become poor very fast. The answer is maybe 5/8.

jk13

First Grade
pfffft. nfl starts soon, fred warner got paid. something something eels out in straight sets....

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Gee we dont seem to do well in the bubble, the desire just wasn't there for some reason.

And here's another reason, the gap between our NRL players and back up players is bigger than the others in the top 4, our back up players are just so young and not ready yet.

For evidence:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Can you believe that there were some deadshits at the start of the year that reckoned we would compete for a premiership?
I had us coming 7th, and not because the quality of our squad. We are so under coached it’s not funny. The same clunky attack for the last 8 seasons and yet we still have the same guy responsible stinking up the place. Same clueless defence coach we didn’t change one thing in the coaching structure yet expect a different result.

An easy draw up till now, a stronger bench and the buy of the season in Papa has masked the same glaring weaknesses that were apparently an easy fix from the coach and here we are yet again limping towards a finals campaign. The whole set up is as stale AF and if the coach refuses to shake things up he should go with his loyal assistants.

Chipmunk

Coach
You do know that we are currently 63 games in a row from a top 5 place in the table and 38 games in a row in the top 4. Yet you still are unconvinced of our worthiness as one of the NRL heavyweights ? Says a lot about your mindset rather than reality.

Do you think only playing 6 games out of 20 against the other Top 6 sides in 2020 (only 4 against the Top 4), and 7 games out of 24 against the other Top 6 sides in 2019 (only 4 against the Top 4) has helped with that ?

How was the record once we've got to the Finals those two seasons?

Don't get me wrong, we're considerably better than more than half of the comp, but we've not been a genuine contender at any stage over the last 3 seasons.

hindy111

Post Whore
Lots of venting in this thread. Tough game and we were out enthused. Nathan Brown catches that ball and we get the chocolates.

Which try shouldn’t have been awarded to us ? Are merkins saying the Sivo corner post try or the Brown dead ball line try ?

BTW we’re still 4th at the end of this round. LOL Bea Arthurs.

Hope Mitch plays next week.

Had we won I reckon unfair justice. Raiders outplayed us. Their line speed was awesome. They hit harder also.
On a positive our defense was goood and Penisini looks a real hot prospect.
Unsure what Sivo was trying to do. Just had to get low and dive. Instead he tries to run it into the corner.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
seriously mate, who said that was the best ?
Well it’s the familiar shit that is served up by the team this time of year, as soon as we can’t bully a team and not play the game in our terms we shit the bed. Pretty much what Gus said and he was howled down in here.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Well it’s the familiar shit that is served up by the team this time of year, as soon as we can’t bully a team and not play the game in our terms we shit the bed. Pretty much what Gus said and he was howled down in here.

well that's a more accurate description than the original rant, but don't ever change, lol

and as far as Gus and his rhetoric, f**k off

hindy111

Post Whore
I had us coming 7th, and not because the quality of our squad. We are so under coached it’s not funny. The same clunky attack for the last 8 seasons and yet we still have the same guy responsible stinking up the place. Same clueless defence coach we didn’t change one thing in the coaching structure yet expect a different result.

An easy draw up till now, a stronger bench and the buy of the season in Papa has masked the same glaring weaknesses that were apparently an easy fix from the coach and here we are yet again limping towards a finals campaign. The whole set up is as stale AF and if the coaches refuses to shake things up he should go with his loyal assistants.

Our attack is poor. Even our tries yesterday where just an individual brilliance from Fergo and the other was it off a bomb? We never made a bust or looked like splitting them.
We march up the field easy and our defense is great. Our best chance in finals is bomb to Waqa or Matterson and hope we score.
Against TITANS we pulled away in that 10min period when they had 12 men. Take that out and its an even game.

hindy111

Post Whore
I was thinking that last night. Has he ever made a bust from a kick return. Love gutho but damn he has his limitations in attack. Like the rest of them.

Yeah he rarely does. But more worrying is he rarely even busts the first tackle or beat the first defender.

Gronk

Staff member
Do you think only playing 6 games out of 20 against the other Top 6 sides in 2020 (only 4 against the Top 4), and 7 games out of 24 against the other Top 6 sides in 2019 (only 4 against the Top 4) has helped with that ?

How was the record once we've got to the Finals those two seasons?

Don't get me wrong, we're considerably better than more than half of the comp, but we've not been a genuine contender at any stage over the last 3 seasons.
All good. I'm clearly wasting my time trying to get you to slow down and enjoy the fact that we now have evolved as a club. We are now a heavyweight and from my point of view it's bloody unreal that the dark days are behind us.

I am always looking for improvement too and am the first person to agree that we have hit a glass ceiling that allows us to be a premiership contender. All the same, it must be very depressing to watch footy and never enjoy it.

👍

hindy111

Post Whore
Gutherson was obviously and has been playing injured lately.

Nathan Brown is starting to regress as a player and is not as consistent as before.

We obviously miss Moses and poor Arthur is just too small and quite frankly wouldn’t be near first grade if it wasn’t for his dad. Not yet anyway.

The Raiders did a good job in containing Matterson. Papa however is our premier back rower.

Can we please offload Blake. He is an imposter. He’s actually quite a dumb footballer.

Didn't HINDY111 say be carefull signing N.Brown. but we only gave him 2yrs which is perfect. He will still be very good next season. May or may not be average in 23.
A 3yrd contract would of been a nightmare. Id say the clubs can see he is very slowly regressing. He is still very good thou.

Latest posts