What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured / Confirmed Signings

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
I got big doubts on Finucane now as well. He's after a pay day. A big payday.
I don’t think the 600k being bandied about is excessive…isn’t Fifi on 800k… Wood…550k?. We’d have the cheapest spine in the comp if we assume Tricky is the half next year. WK…Nicho…Brailey and Tricky would be well under 2mill combined. Leaves plenty of room for some quality outside of the spine.

Frenzy.

Immortal
I don’t think the 600k being bandied about is excessive…isn’t Fifi on 800k… Wood…550k?. We’d have the cheapest spine in the comp if we assume Tricky is the half next year. WK…Nicho…Brailey and Tricky would be well under 2mill combined. Leaves plenty of room for some quality outside of the spine.

$800 for 4 is what is being bandied about

Additionally, we only have 20 contracted players at this point. The war chest is healthy but not affluent.

Need Fifita and Graham gone. 1.5 mill there

Last edited:

Ozzi_78

First Grade

Additionally, we only have 20 contracted players at this point. The war chest is healthy but not affluent.

800?
Year 1 sure.
Year 4 no thanks Dale.

R-15-3

Juniors

100% need Fifita and Graham worked out ASAP if we can’t get them off the books 2022 recruiting will suffer.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade

Nah…he’s not worth 3.2 over 4 years. I reckon 700 x 3 with a 4th year in the club’s favour would be a fair cop.

Big Bloke

Juniors
Yep. Totally unbelievable if he has said it.

Also, he's not getting it from inside information - he's getting it from these bloody forums!

chewsta

First Grade
Edit-wrong thread but I'll leave it here.

Serious question regarding Feefs.
He will have this year off from footy due to all that is going on and also had a fair bit of time last year. So would that help the problem with his leg at all and rehab or is he too far gone? If he is on the books next year it would be nice to squeeze a few more drops out of the lemon.

I think the big fulla sitting around bored and not playing is a bad distraction for the younger blokes.

R-15-3

Juniors
Don’t think anything will fix his knee to be able to play elite sports ever again.
On that note if a player retires before transfer deadline do we need to fill that spot in the 30 and cost us more money paying 31 players or do they still count and not need to be replaced??

Craigshark

First Grade
Edit-wrong thread but I'll leave it here.

Serious question regarding Feefs.
He will have this year off from footy due to all that is going on and also had a fair bit of time last year. So would that help the problem with his leg at all and rehab or is he too far gone? If he is on the books next year it would be nice to squeeze a few more drops out of the lemon.

I think the big fulla sitting around bored and not playing is a bad distraction for the younger blokes.

can’t help but feel it’s all turned in to a bit of a junket for him now. Whoever approved the contract for him for 800k for this year and next needs a rocket

can’t help but feel it’s all turned in to a bit of a junket for him now. Whoever approved the contract for him for 800k for this year and next needs a rocket
I'm not sure about this but I think the reason for his higher salary over the last two years is because he took a hit for previous seasons when we were salary cap punished and they had to shed players, and/or salaries.
He then got his money returned over these last two years.
Like I said, I'm not sure about this, it was just something I heard somewhere that I cant even remember.

Craigshark

First Grade
I'm not sure about this but I think the reason for his higher salary over the last two years is because he took a hit for previous seasons when we were salary cap punished and they had to shed players, and/or salaries.
He then got his money returned over these last two years.
Like I said, I'm not sure about this, it was just something I heard somewhere that I cant even remember.

ah well that’s fair enough then I guess. Now you’ve mentioned it, I think I recall reading similar. It really has come back to bite us though unfortunately.

$800K would be overs for sure considering his age.

But I dare say he’d at least perform close to his pay check.

I Can’t say that about most of the players we have on our books currently on similar money or higher.

sladden road

Juniors
IF we sign the singing forward, then we are doing really well with recruitment. Three top Melbourne players..albeit one passed it.A new coach from the chooks..it’s looking up.

Special K

Coach
We nabbed McInnes for 500k, Hynes for 600k. Why are we worried about overpaying? Reports are DF has offers for 600k/3 years. 700k 3 years seems like good value when you average it out across our new recruits.

Latest posts