What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has your care factor waned?

Tiger05

First Grade
Don't do it to yourself guys, this team won't be playing finals. Unfortunately peahearted performances (especially against Cowboys, Warriors and Titans) earlier this year has sealed our fate.

I agree. This is the every year late hope that gets dashed. It's not just the pea hearted performances so far either. We are going to put a couple more in this season as well.

stryker

First Grade
I do have some optimism, simply because we have a weak draw and somewhat easy run home.
That said, this squad are flat trackers and fold like cheap suits against any type of opposition. Allowing Brisbane to score so many tries was pretty shameful defence.
Lets see if they dig in against Manly…the way they apply themselves this weekend will speak volumes.

murraymob

Coach
Your club must stop chasing and signing the quick fix and focus heavily on the junior base out Liverpool Campbelltown.there is amazing talent there .yes it will take a few years but the base built will have a steady building to build over it

Zoe Palmer

Juniors
Your club must stop chasing and signing the quick fix and focus heavily on the junior base out Liverpool Campbelltown.there is amazing talent there .yes it will take a few years but the base built will have a steady building to build over it

Won’t happen whilst they pander to the Rozelle element.
18 rounds gone and only 2 games @ Campbelltown

Tiger05

First Grade

It's not that simple. Sure we have to purchase the right juniors and try and develop them into quality first graders. At the same time if we can purchase good players at fair dollars we should.

The marquee signings aren't really worth it though. You overpay and f**k up. I think a guy on another thread listed down what happens when clubs get marquee signings. I think typically because they pay overs the club itself goes backwards.

Penrith bought players. They've just come good predominantly from juniors but I bet they bought a lot of them from outside the Penrith district.

murraymob

Coach
It's not that simple. Sure we have to purchase the right juniors and try and develop them into quality first graders. At the same time if we can purchase good players at fair dollars we should.

The marquee signings aren't really worth it though. You overpay and f**k up. I think a guy on another thread listed down what happens when clubs get marquee signings. I think typically because they pay overs the club itself goes backwards.

Penrith bought players. They've just come good predominantly from juniors but I bet they bought a lot of them from outside the Penrith district.
Those areas outside our district are in our development zone we have academy set in the bush areas .development is the key

Tigerm

First Grade
Don't do it to yourself guys, this team won't be playing finals. Unfortunately peahearted performances (especially against Cowboys, Warriors and Titans) earlier this year has sealed our fate.
Probably but still a glimmer

Tiger05

First Grade
Those areas outside our district are in our development zone we have academy set in the bush areas .development is the key

I agree with this. Pick up quality juniors. It's cheaper and better longer term than the alternative. You have to do both though. At the end of the day it's all about managing your cap along with under the table payments.

Vic Mackey

Referee

this is quiet possibly the biggest myth in rugby league

Vozzy

Juniors
When it feels like the Wests Tigers are taking on all the other NRL teams plus the referees and all the journos the more it makes me get behind the team. That rubbish about Brooks and Canberra was even told not true by the NRL that there has never been a transfer request for that to happen makes me more eager to get behind the team.

Like it was more likely Canberra asking for Brooks then we suggested Jack Whighton not the other way around.

Then they write articles about how we shouldn't sign someone like PanJr then when we don't they say we missed out on him.

Obviously we are targeting players and if they are the right price then we say yes if not we say no. I'm with Andrew Johns for once where he said we don't need to sign Dale Finucine but sign the next 22-23y/o Dale Finucine and if we have to wait til end of year where we have Packer/MBye/Roberts/BJ off our books plus Reynolds I'm happy to wait then.

Das Hassler

Bench
The one thing that has me very confident of making the 8 is that i backed out of laying a few k on them making it during the preseason....i do ok picking a winner UNLESS there's a bet involved. .so now of course we'll make it.