What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Attack Analysis

Chipmunk

Coach
Something's going on with Cartwright. Maybe he's been dropped to 'work on a few things' but also maybe he's being punished for knocking back our extension offer to shop himself around. Where's your gratitude merkin?
If this is the case then we'll go nowhere whilst our coaching staff has that attitude.

Do you reckon Bellyache will drop Finucane as captain if he chooses to leave?

Chipmunk

Coach
Why?

I'd say we're just as much of a chance as we have been in the last few years (i.e. unlikely but possible with some luck).
I think the Storm are better than last year. I can't even see how that was possible to be honest at the start of the year.

The Panthers will be better for the run in last years Grand Final.

We're as far away away from beating Souths as weve been in the last 3 years.

I think we've stagnated as a team. We're still 3 from 7 against the current Top 8, and 2 from 5 against the Top 6. We're facing all the other Top 6 over the next 6 weeks. I think well lose more than we'll win.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I think the Storm are better than last year. I can't even see how that was possible to be honest at the start of the year.

The Panthers will be better for the run in last years Grand Final.

We're as far away away from beating Souths as weve been in the last 3 years.

I think we've stagnated as a team. We're still 3 from 7 against the current Top 8, and 2 from 5 against the Top 6. We're facing all the other Top 6 over the next 6 weeks. I think well lose more than we'll win.
Fair enough. Agree - the Storm have shocked me this year. Panthers have dropped form but they were excellent the start of the year.

The draw could prove to be a good way to go in to the finals if we are able to find some form and get some confidence from beating some of the better teams. Lapping shit teams by 30 covers up deficiencies.

We definitely need to work on our attack but I Iike our intensity and commitment in defence so I feel we should be in contention in most games.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Fair play for finding those examples. I reckon we attacked differently in 19/20 with Brown on the left and Moses on the right.
We definitely attacked differently in '19, '20 and again this year. In 2019 Gutherson attacked on the right with Moses in the middle (Drown on the left). Last year (when our attack was shit) Drown was in the middle with Moses right and Gutherson on the left. It meant Moses did f**k all other than kick, though I think the intent was to get Moses some space to use his running game wide on the right. This year Drown and Moses have swapped. It means Moses is more involved and Drown is mostly doing set up play early in the set. I'd provide some YouTube links but since backing up our opinions with facts makes some idiots feel inadequate, I won't bother.

hindy111

Post Whore
I can't and wont do that because I agree that it is down to the players.

Our outside backs are not as dangerous as some but we also wait to long to attack. Storm or Rooster or Panthers,Souths,Manly they go for the kill anytimemin the set. So it is not so much our raids its when we do it. On the 4th every time. We rarely every try anything inside our own half. There is no trickery.

But again Penrith look better cause they feed Kikau,Too,Critchton,Burton who only need half a chance. Pensini was like a breathe of fresh air last night

Noise

Coach
We definitely attacked differently in '19, '20 and again this year. In 2019 Gutherson attacked on the right with Moses in the middle (Drown on the left). Last year (when our attack was shit) Drown was in the middle with Moses right and Gutherson on the left. It meant Moses did f**k all other than kick, though I think the intent was to get Moses some space to use his running game wide on the right. This year Drown and Moses have swapped. It means Moses is more involved and Drown is mostly doing set up play early in the set. I'd provide some YouTube links but since backing up our opinions with facts makes some idiots feel inadequate, I won't bother.
I liked it in 2019 when Moses played middle, Brown on the left and Gutho on the right.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
So you don’t think Brown is capable of more?? I think he and the team are capable of so much more, but that doesn’t suit your narrative so you talk down his and the team abilities and talk up the weaknesses so the coach and his staff get a free pass.

Predictable.
I do think Drown is capable of more. He's at least as good as Munster at the same age, and a similar type of player. I think he'll be a lot like him in a few years. I f**ken said as much in the post you quoted and then asked if I thought he wouldn't get any better ffs

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
And Pou happy to throw our players under the bus, happy to rubbish them if it defends the coach and his staff and the club. You pulled the same BS with Kearney and Sticky when he was here. I mean you are even happy to blame the fans and throw us under the bus than anyone to do with the club lol.
Throwing them under the bus? They're good f**ken players ffs! They win heaps of games and I enjoy watching them. You're the one f**ken complaining every week!!

Last edited:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I'm sitting in the car park at work. I'm the only merkin still here! I'm going home to have a beer and get abused by my missus and kids. Peace out loosers
Sounds like an awesome night

jimmy valmer rage GIF by South Park

hindy111

Post Whore
A lot of dick pulling on here.
Our attack was humming in 2017. And last year in the finals it was also sharp. Our defense just fell apart. So don't be suprised come finals we unleash a few tricks. I doubt BA has forgotten them. I reckon he is saving them the old fox.

Latest posts