What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reminders of your childhood

Yes would have been more effective than some of the turnstile defenders we had.
We’d still beat you by one missed tackle leading to a try, plus we were near full strength.

Its one of those 2 club seasons.

The stormers and smug should form their own break away league. Play each each week and leave the rest of us alone.

Although the eels fans are a bit too harsh on themselves.

Before lockdown, I popped into a local op shop when I had a spare hour or so. picked up a few old LP's as my missus bought a record player recently.

Pulled a record out of the sleeve and it was a "Hammard".

Not the one below (pic on line) but made me recall a lot of those old brands.

m0jh98rUVomwz3t_TKeSmCS8-agHYRvAw8-vsuqeK3xFQZaOsWu0CqzjYE3AC4nUw0F1erqFNJA2n3i4p0cA80NqZBi-dq93sDrlKEYGzdP7hHhadcAD

Just put a classic Aussie alt tune on the decrepit iPhone ( battery 52% efficiency):

Aloha Steve and Danno

96CDCF1B-2168-4433-95BD-E4D929BE7BDC.jpeg

How’s this for a lyric:

“theres an agent in the field,
I want to have him tailed
He’s been staying at the hilton
He should be staying in gaol

“he’s been working for the kgb
and here’s his dossier,
Those reds won’t be happy
until he gets away”

I think it’s one of @blue bags favourites.

The thing was McGuiver only went to visit old mate’s shop for a pair of new wiper blades.

4 hours later and a bill for $2k he’s ringing the nrma on his way home.

It’s a funny pic from our learned brother bbjf.

McGuiver is supposed to be able to raise a sunken nuclear sub with no ballast from the Baltic with a rusted kitchen spatula. I saw that episode and swore I saw flipper as a stage hand.

D7A06B0C-5ABD-41D2-8DFF-653B1F7F80C3.jpeg
If they made Flipper again today hed be be arresting meth addicts in sting operations at acquariums. Scary.

Back in the day, we used to have proper UFOs, but here is some photos taken at home last night.

8BAB9607-211D-41DB-A811-E2BE54140571.jpeg
Spotted it.

EAAD5644-FD05-48E7-82CC-25AC582C081A.jpeg
Here’s the close up

BB568129-FE90-4EDD-851E-A82D0B202596.jpegA few moments later.

I posted it up on the tigers forum but few people liked it.

It just vanished, no flying away at Mach 45684 like the old days you used to read about.

I don’t even believe either!

Jim Rockford

Bench
With current earth technology Jim, didn’t we work out it would take 600 generations of aliens living 100 years each to land here (from the nearest habitable exo-planet) to draw a f**king crop circle?

@Bring back John Fifita and myself, might say that journey might have more purpose than following our respective clubs on some days.

And the trouble is @Jim Rockford, that whole effort of the crop circle, it’s usually all done and (crop) dusted in a single night, often in a couple of hours they say.

So that’s 21 to 22 million days before the greys actually arrive here and then again, the same period to land back safely on “krustalodia” ( the nearest inhabitable earth like exo planet).

I suppose to the average tigers fan, that’s a blink of an eye.

They are supposed to be really intelligent, but not a single Grey has suggested that they try to draw a crop circle in the park across the road from the 50,000 acre ion-drive factory.

Millions of years of Grey technology, the whole planet United in an effort to find alien life here on earth ( they call “ meh”)

Obviously lads, someone sent the Greys a copy of the Australian Parliament Hansard during their Stone Age!

And once the crop circle is sorted and they get home, they get bored and have another shot at it!

A little story for our mate @blue bags!

Last edited:
And knowing my luck @Jim Rockford, I am generation 600, the ship is about to f**king land on earth, lasers at the ready, but i miss the occasion, sleeping through it after i drank too much at the “ arrival party” the night before!

We’ve all had that odd night of missed opportunity. Oh the pain!

30BE1F01-9FA3-4A4E-B3D2-082928BCFF93.jpegLike many Aussie kids, I grew up idolising Dr Smith. We all wanted to be him. Spying for the ruskies, sabotaging the mission, abusing the robot.

Last edited:
247A1B23-A5D5-4FB8-A315-27777579DAFF.jpeg
lol @horrie hastings thats made my day. Thanks.

Got the AZ shot tonight, feeling fine but I feel like taking a sickie. Although a sickie under lockdown home, it doesn’t feel the same.

I might invent the “Workie” go in to the empty office, hook the big screen up to the Olympics, chug down a few dehydrated lentil teas that the young people like. Invite @Jim Rockford over and try to find the safe!