What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd19 2021: Non Parra games

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
His WPYSA18 is very low but the dude only just turned 20. When DCE was Dearden's age he was still 21 months away from his NRL debut. Get some perspective. At the same age Cameron Munster's NRL career consisted of a single game at fullback, which he lost.

Noise

Coach
His WPYSA18 is very low but the dude only just turned 20. When DCE was Dearden's age he was still 21 months away from his NRL debut. Get some perspective. At the same age Cameron Munster's NRL career consisted of a single game at fullback, which he lost.
Right now he is f**king shit, is all I’m saying.

TheParraboy

Staff member
I think its great it will just mean broncos will spend more time rebuilding that shambles of a club as kevvie had no idea.

Bennett is the only coach so far thats been able to handle the pressure gig up there. The other 3 (Henjak,Seibold and walters) have been utter failures and griffin gets a pass mark but only just never took them to great heights

To be fair Bennett always had more than a few Origin players in his squad. When he won premierships there he had a ton of them. I’m surprised he didn’t win more tbh.

He took over the Dragons when they were on the up , a top 4 side.

All clubs he left, left them in a poorer state than when he got there. Same goes for his 2nd stint at Brisbane

I still think he is a great coach, seems to care for his players and gets the best out of the elite players. That may be his calling , take over a top 4 side , and to the holy grail ?

Would have had no problem if he came to Parra for 3 years, in recent years. But that ship may have sailed now.

Chipmunk

Coach
Geez the crowds are interesting, 2500 for our match, 2800 for Roosters and Knights.

Last week 3800 went to a double header on the Gold Coast.

You'd think though that double headers are the way to go. You can see why they have moved the games to more regional locations

King-Gutho94

Coach
Geez the crowds are interesting, 2500 for our match, 2800 for Roosters and Knights.

You'd think though that double headers are the way to go. You can see why they have moved the games to more regional locations
Yeah i was suprised by the double header last week. 4 teams playing and they couldnt even get 4k. Yes the games were announced at short notice but dont they keep saying up there thats its rugby league heartland in South East-QLD. I remember that twat gordan tallis would say you could play souths and dogs up there and it would get a decent crowd because they rugby league. Well it didn't.

Our game was a thursday so always going to struggle.

I think its great taking them to regional towns better off playing in front 5-7k in a small regional venue with atmosphere then 3k at a souless CBUS on the Goldie. I reckon cairns, ipswich, toowoomba Gladstone and bundaberg should be next. Get the clubs to try and get more members in those areas.

Covid aside if we are able to spend a day in the community at mackay next week at a local school the club could turn a few local kids from say cowboy fans to eels fans. Give em some merchandise and off they go

Chipmunk

Coach
Yeah i was suprised by the double header last week. 4 teams playing and they couldnt even get 4k. Yes the games were announced at short notice but dont they keep saying up there thats its rugby league heartland in South East-QLD. I remember that twat gordan tallis would say you could play souths and dogs up there and it would get a decent crowd because they rugby league. Well it didn't.

Our game was a thursday so always going to struggle.

I think its great taking them to regional towns better off playing in front 5-7k in a small regional venue with atmosphere then 3k at a souless CBUS on the Goldie. I reckon cairns, ipswich, toowoomba Gladstone and bundaberg should be next. Get the clubs to try and get more members in those areas.

Covid aside if we are able to spend a day in the community at mackay next week at a local school the club could turn a few local kids from say cowboy fans to eels fans. Give em some merchandise and off they go
I think there was plan for a bit more freedom for the players after two weeks, so perhaps this is a good idea to get out in the community.

I don't see why they're not playing double headers at some of these grounds. If you can play a game under lights there (Mackay Thursday night), then there is no reason why not having double headers. I don't see why the Dogs should have to play the Titans at Cbus when they could play a double header at Redcliffe.

At a minimum the 2pm Sunday and 3pm Saturday games should be played at those regional centres you have listed.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Obivously being away from NZ again has given the warriors an excuse this year.

But gee looking at the duds the warriors have signed recently in Montoya, evans, DWZ, lodge they wont be playing finals anytime soon.

I thought they were playing better under payten last year.

Jury should be out on nathan brown as a coach nice bloke but doubt he will take them near a finals threat even if they are playing at home next year

hindy111

Post Whore
Dam. Tigers looked in this and could of scored and made it 18-10 at halftime.
Instead 20-12 and game prob over

Delboy

First Grade
Would love to see our centres run lines into holes like we have seen elsewhere, then again the 7 needs to read the game.

Wishful thinking most of the time with Waqa and Opacic

Eelogical

Referee

No arguments from me.