What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 19 - Rabbitohs vs Warriors: Saturday 24th July 3pm @Sunshine Coast Stadium

Travitoh

First Grade
Yeah I feel a bit sorry for the Warriors, I wanna see this done to teams I hate, like Parra for instance.
Given their last 18 months, i hope NZ can get it together and win a comp soon. The NRL would be in deep strife financially if it weren't for them relocating.

I wouldn't describe Parra as a team i hate. They're much less relevant than that!

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Given their last 18 months, i hope NZ can get it together and win a comp soon. The NRL would be in deep strife financially if it weren't for them relocating.

I wouldn't describe Parra as a team i hate. They're much less relevant than that!
😂😂😂

Last edited:

Jim Rockford

Bench

They may not be relevant but if you check out a certain Eels forum (not the one on LU) and see what they say about us I guarantee you will hate them too.

Jim Rockford

Bench
Yep, I have.
It's that, and that stupid lair Nutho doing that dance, shortly before we smashed them in the semis are the two main reasons.
Mate, I've lived in the Parramatta area my whole life and while my best friend and my parents support Parramatta, I've met way too many scumbag Squeels supporters for me to feel anything but contempt for that club.

callmack1

Staff member
Holy hecka what a night!!!! My mates have only just left and I've only just settled down from that game. Wow, wow, wow! Still can't wipe the smile off my face though. 60 points! Yes, 60 points against the Warriors is just about as good as it gets for me (just about). I always thought we'd win but I went into this one expecting a tough game like last week, well, that wasn't the case at all was it.

Some of the Footy we played today was just about the best I've seen from us all year. Call it razzle dazzle, spectacular, powerful, beautiful, dominant, call it whatever you want to call it. Just incredible. So good to watch and I was up out of my seat more often than not. I loved how it wasn't just the Cody show or the Latrell show or the Reyno show, EVERYONE put on a collective show and everyone put in and did their job. All our stars stood up and shone. To score 60 is very, very rare and special. It's only the fourth time we've done it in our 113 year history so that says something.

In saying all that, I'm not happy to concede 22 points. Some of those were a bit soft too. Defence was a big area we needed to improve on today and I still feel like we didn't do that. Had staunch moments but then others where we just clocked off. That's not good enough, really needs to be fixed.

Still, I am friggin delighted with that win! My Warriors mates didn't have too much to say. Gonna hit town tonight and will very proudly parade around the streeets of New Plymouth here in New Zealand wearing my Souths jersey!

Jim Rockford

Bench
Still, I am friggin delighted with that win! My Warriors mates didn't have too much to say. Gonna hit town tonight and will very proudly parade around the streeets of New Plymouth here in New Zealand wearing my Souths jersey!
Good to hear you'll be repping the colours Callmack.I find I always hold my head a little higher when I'm out in my Souths gear.

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Holy hecka what a night!!!! My mates have only just left and I've only just settled down from that game. Wow, wow, wow! Still can't wipe the smile off my face though. 60 points! Yes, 60 points against the Warriors is just about as good as it gets for me (just about). I always thought we'd win but I went into this one expecting a tough game like last week, well, that wasn't the case at all was it.

Some of the Footy we played today was just about the best I've seen from us all year. Call it razzle dazzle, spectacular, powerful, beautiful, dominant, call it whatever you want to call it. Just incredible. So good to watch and I was up out of my seat more often than not. I loved how it wasn't just the Cody show or the Latrell show or the Reyno show, EVERYONE put on a collective show and everyone put in and did their job. All our stars stood up and shone. To score 60 is very, very rare and special. It's only the fourth time we've done it in our 113 year history so that says something.

In saying all that, I'm not happy to concede 22 points. Some of those were a bit soft too. Defence was a big area we needed to improve on today and I still feel like we didn't do that. Had staunch moments but then others where we just clocked off. That's not good enough, really needs to be fixed.

The most impressive thing was that most of the tries were scored up through the middle with dominant fowards play.

Now, sure their D wasn't good, but still it was good to see Souths play through the middle and not just rely on getting on the outside flanks of their opposition.

callmack1

Staff member

callmack1

Staff member
After watching the replay, here's my full report,

Mitchell: Simply outstanding!! Made his return with a bang! Loved his involvment all game as he was constantly sniffing around the ball and looking for work. Made plenty of tough carries and had some super damaging runs off the end of backline shifts, the warriors just couldn't handle him. perhaps his best moment was the try assist for Murray. To me, that pass is still beyond belief. Just freakish stuff. Loved his body language all game too, you could see how stoked he was to be there. Great for him to cap it off with a barge over try. 194 meters, 2 line breaks, 1 line break assist, 1 try assist, 6 tackle breaks and a try! One hell of an afternoon for Trell! Hopefully he's just getting started.

Mansour: Sauce had a great return too. Didn't do anything too flashy but he did everything that was asked of him. I enjoyed his carries and he got through a lot of the tough stuff coming aout of our end. Often made a lot of meters after contact. Two tries for him yesterday as well, both of which he had a fair bot of work still to do when he got the ball but he finished them off superbly which was awesome to see. The only negative of his game yesterday was that terrible read that lead to Nikorima's try. It was a terrible read to be honest. Gags had his man on the inside so there was absolutely no reason for Sauce to be in that far, yet, he stayed and got completely run around. Not good enough there. Still, overall, I think Josh should be pretty happy with his performance.

Gagai: Nice and solid all game. I wouldn't say he did anything really special but I would say he had a good afternoon. Did his job, executed his role out there on the left. He made plenty of quality hit ups as always and this saw him pick up a very good 139 meters which is still great. Played his role on the end of left side shifts, twice providing some really nice passes for mansour to go over. Didn't put a foot wrong in defence either.

Milne: Kind of like Gags, he didn't have a standot game but that's not a bad thing. He still played well. It was Taane's first ever game at centre for us and he certainly didn't let anyone down. It wasn't a day where our backs really shined because the forward pack played so well. Had some strong runs in general play and while he didn't get many opportunities in attack with the ball, he played his role as a decoy well. Wasn't happy with his defence that lead to the Warriors second try though, it was his poor read that let them through.

Paulo: Not a lot to say about Jaxson. He didn't play badly but I'm still not satisfied with his performance. Was nice to see him score a try and he had a few good runs but I just feel like he still didn't do enough. Only had 7 runs for 86 meters which is significantly less than the other outside backs. For me, he still has a long way to go to prove he is a first grader.

Walker: Couldn't have started the game any worse with a terribly timed and directed pass that gifted the Warriors a try. You don't see that very often from Cody. Thankfully though, his performance for the rest of the game more than made up for it. He was very good, at his usual best. Executuing his role perfectly and creating plenty of chances out wide. Had a line break, 2 line break assists, a try assist with that beautiful cut out ball to Paulo and his try was awesome, showed some slick footwork there. I enjoyed his kicking game too, particularly his short kicking game as that was asking some real questions at various times throughout the game. Was a shame to see him pick up that injury as that kind of limited his impact for the final 20 minutes but even then, he still put on some nice plays and it looks like the injury is nothing serious which is great.

Reynolds: A day out for our little general, man he was good!! I really feel like reyno has taken the attacking side of his game to a new level this year. His play making and passing game has been fantastic. That was well and truely on show yet again yesterday. Just lookm at most of the tries we scored out wide, it was Reyno that was the main creator. He squared up the line each time so well and each time, he holds the ball in two hands and does multiple dummy passes in the one movement which clearly confused the warriors defence so much. Each time he then delivers a beautiful pass which often lead to a try. Just beautiful from Reyno. The best example of this was Su'A's first try, completely set up by Adam. That is some of the best playmaking you'll see. In other areas of his game, I can't fault both his kicking game and defence, they were both on song. great stuff from our little general.

Latest posts