What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In honour of Stakey - proposed 2022 team

Confused Hanna Barbera GIF by Warner Archive

Craigshark

First Grade
I should add that he is someone I am most looking forward to seeing play under Fitzgibbon. I think he could go to a whole new level

Inferno

Coach
I think Brails has the potential to be the next great polarising player in the Sharks ranks.

I'd swap Jayden for him any day but am interested to see how Brails middle can lift under the coaching regime and new systems/structures. I think to be successful he needs a minder in the middle. He is just so targetted in the middle, it fatigues him IMO and leads him to make poor decisions.

Hows Taj going in the juniors? Anyone know?

I agree although I'm starting to wonder who will be left to argue for him?

I have been thinking a lot lately that perhaps we kept the wrong Bailey. This is his second year of first grade and he really hasn't kicked on or really improved at all. Having halves chopping and changing doesn't help but he touches the ball more than anyone else and gets first grab at it. Where is the support play? Where are the damaging DH runs, where is he as a genuine third kicking option?

I would be inclined to start Cam there next year and keep him off the bench as a number 14.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Blayke will blossom once he is no longer to afraid after being instructed to pass to whomever is 7 and ignore that call.

Both he and his brother do not run nor kick enough.

They are both being used as shovels and it pisses me off.

Are people so so angry with Can Smith they missed what he did?

It always looked like B2 was better than B1, but ever since the club made the choice of B2 and B1 went to Newy, besides his first year which is null and void because of injury, B1 has definitely looked the better of the two. Maybe because Buderus has been mentoring him, and he had Ennis before that. Who has been helping B2 progress his game?
I think the constant 1st grade play, without ever really getting a break for the last two years, is wearing him down. He hasn’t had a spark going on for a long time, hopefully the changes at the club will help in his play.

Stake Removed

First Grade
1. Kennedy.
2. Katoa.
3. Ramien.
4. JT.
5. Mulitalo.
6. Hynes.
7. Trindall.
8. Rudolf.
9.Brailey.
10. Talakai.
11. Graham.
12. Wilton.
13. McInnes.
14. Tracey.
15. Williams.
16. Uele.
17. Hunt.

coolumsharkie

Referee
1. Kennedy.
2. Katoa.
3. Ramien.
4. JT.
5. Mulitalo.
6. Hynes.
7. Trindall.
8. Rudolf.
9.Brailey.
10. Talakai.
11. Graham.
12. Wilton.
13. McInnes.
14. Tracey.
15. Williams.
16. Uele.
17. Hunt.
Except I'm not a Tricky fan, can't see him in the halves the way the game is "evolving". Actually, can't see me following the sport either if it continues down this road. Tricky is too slow and gets burnt on the edge frequently.

Ads

First Grade
Start brailey at 9 and McInnes at 13 and rotate them during the game. McInnes is probably the best middle defender in the game. That should unlock braileys attack and let him have a rest from hooking duties when needed while still ball playing from lock. It’s a potentially great combo.

bluefox68

Staff member
SHARKS 2022

1. Kennedy
  2. Katoa
  3. Ramien
  4. Tracey
  5. Mulitalo
  6. Moylan
  7. Hynes
  8. Rudolf
  9. Brailey
  10. Williams
  11. Wilton
  12. Nikora
  13. Finucane
  14. McInnes
  15. Hamlin-Uele
  16. Hunt
  17. Talakai
  18. Trindall

Ozzi_78

First Grade
McInnes ain’t coming to sit on the bench.

I’d wait til some more signings are locked in.

bluefox68

Staff member
You’re probably right…

I think someone suggested he alternate between 9 and 13, which makes sense.

Some have said Finucane is too small for prop, but in the modern game I’m not sure I agree…