What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Squad: Gains, Losses & Re-signings.

BLM01

First Grade
Did Mbye sign when cleary was there??
Maybe just not a madge player
He was good at dogs and hes not that old
seems try harder than Norman and could do some hooker time

I hope he is well subsidised though as he isnt a $900 K player thats for sure

Out of interest did Reynolds go to Super League ?
Cleary signed him

Gareth67

First Grade
All this noise about the impending rise of the Bulldogs.. I tell you one thing, they're going to want almost immediate success with all the signings they've made.

Barret had a pretty good squad when he was in charge of Manly, and how did that go?

If they don't jump out of the blocks the pressure will build fast

Yes their board is certainly pro-active , expecting results immediately for the outlay on plenty of big names wearing the Bulldog jersey for the first time .

They not only want results , but demand it , as would any club board - well most anyway .

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Yes their board is certainly pro-active , expecting results immediately for the outlay on plenty of big names wearing the Bulldog jersey for the first time .

They not only want results , but demand it , as would any club board - well most anyway .
Lots of moving parts at the Bulldogs- like the approach of Chairman Khoury to sponsors, members and fans generally- could teach our Board a thing or two. Having said that, they seem top heavy with high profile advisors and managers (Hansen and Gould) who may end up second guessing Barrett and their recruitment and retention is chaotic. Can't believe the quality players they've let slip (eg Reimis Smith and Corey HW) who are making big impressions at other clubs. They seem to be the antithesis of Melbourne-ie they want ready made elite players and obviously believe they lack the pathways, mentoring and coaching resources of clubs like Melbourne.

Gareth67

First Grade
Lots of moving parts at the Bulldogs- like the approach of Chairman Khoury to sponsors, members and fans generally- could teach our Board a thing or two. Having said that, they seem top heavy with high profile advisors and managers (Hansen and Gould) who may end up second guessing Barrett and their recruitment and retention is chaotic. Can't believe the quality players they've let slip (eg Reimis Smith and Corey HW) who are making big impressions at other clubs. They seem to be the antithesis of Melbourne-ie they want ready made elite players and obviously believe they lack the pathways, mentoring and coaching resources of clubs like Melbourne.

Your right , redandwhite4evr . Hansen’s input may not be as great at this stage coming from union to league , however the man certainly would know just what it takes for a team to be successful .

Gould on the other hand does undoubtedly have the knowledge , but can be a bit of a loose cannon at times , more so when his ego gets in the way of common sense .

The players that have not had their contracts renewed were indeed good players , but merely required an astute coach to get the best out of them .

Unfortunately I do not believe that Barrett possesses that capability and he may very well find himself on the outer at Belmore at seasons end unless Gould and Hansen can direct him to a better style of coaching .

Last edited:

Dragon David

First Grade
Your right , redandwhite4evr . Hansen’s input may not be as great at this stage coming from union to league , however the man certainly would know just what it takes for a team to be successful .

Gould on the other hand does undoubtedly have the knowledge also , but can be a bit of a loose cannon at times , more so when his ego gets in the way of common sense .

The players that have not had their contracts renewed were indeed good players , but merely required an astute coach to get the best out of them .

Unfortunately I do not believe that Barrett possesses that capability and he may very well find himself on the outer at Belmore at seasons end , unless Gould and Hansen can direct him to a better style of coaching .
What us Dragons fans are deep down wanting is for the Bulldogs to fail with all of their signings of players and managers, etc. and Barrett to end up as he did when he coached the Sea Eagles. If though we signed Gould and Hansen and a couple of their new signings, would we be feeling on a high and be looking forward to a successful 2022 or would having Gould at the club be a nuisance for Hook?

I'm Hornby

Juniors
What us Dragons fans are deep down wanting is for the Bulldogs to fail with all of their signings of players and managers, etc. and Barrett to end up as he did when he coached the Sea Eagles. If though we signed Gould and Hansen and a couple of their new signings, would we be feeling on a high and be looking forward to a successful 2022 or would having Gould at the club be a nuisance for Hook?

I personally think Gould has nothing to offer any club. He did our review at the end of the 2018 season and had nothing insightful to add and remember him saying on air he couldn't put his finger on what was wrong at the dragons.

The fact he was only at the warriors for six months or so shows again he has nothing going for him.

The dogs deserve him.

possm

Coach
Dale can play 8 or 10. Plays more like that anyway than a normal 13. Did so in origin
I'm with you. I'd rather JDB at lock and Dale in the front row.

Sloan
Ramsey
Bird
Lomax
Ravalawa
Sullivan
Hunt
Molo
McCullough
Dale F (like for like or better for Vaughan)
Sims
Su['a
JDB

Burgess
Lawrie
Kerr
McGuire

Now that is a very competitive NRL team!

Gareth67

First Grade
4 years @ $2.5M from 2022. I don't think that we were in the race to sign him. Long deal @ $625K per year. Will he be as good at Cronulla as he is at the Storm?

For the next 2 years he will be , but the final 2 his body will go the way of all workhorses and begin to deteriorate on him .

Still I wish the man the best , shame he didn’t come our way , but them the breaks .

getsmarty

Immortal

Dragon David

First Grade
Bellamy to sign a two year extension @ $1.2M per year says Rothfield.

He will stay at Melbourne and be a one club coach and finish up being a Director there and decide on who will be the next coach at the club when he retires from coaching.

Bennett will go up north so not much will be left to guide us through the peaks and troughs except for Hook.

mickeylane

Bench
Reminds me of when the Dragons signed a Qld state of origin forward Wally Fullerton Smith.. a defensive plodder that was always solid..
those kind of players you can have give me a rampaging Schuster , Fifita any day of the week
I agree...the relationship with fitzy/Hynes signing would have been a factor.

of when the

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
It didn't end well at Penrith- Gus seems to be a hands on, interfering kind of football manager- seems to fall foul of coaches sooner or later.

Latest posts