What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd20: Parra v Roosters GAME DAY thread @ Mackay 29/7/21

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Re options at 6 or 7, we refused to use Rankin and we released Salmon after providing him zero chances. Probably a predictable situation given some horrible decisions.
You mean Rankin and Salmon, the two merkins other clubs were so keen to give a run in first grade?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I didnt think we were believing what BA said at pressers?
Take everything he says with a grain of salt. Maybe he did tell the players to completely go away from the game plan that beat the Chooks earlier in the year and doesn't want to admit it because it was a f**ken stupid idea.

Suitman

Post Whore
I'm sure you'll agree we played better against Canberra and Easts when Moses was in the team.

We may or may not have. Can you prove that we would have?
I absolutely agree that we miss him, but we would have lost last night regardless of whether he played or not.
Maybe even last week. There is no way of proving we would have won either of those games if he'd played.
Sure, we may have been a better chance, but would we have won? You don't know that and neither do I.

If we had held the ball and kicked better they would have had less opportunity to score against us and their defence would've been more fatigued at the back end of the game. Against a tired defence we might even have scored a try or two late in each half, like when we beat them in round 9.
But it wasn't spreading the ball that cost us. It was the poorly executed stuff attacking their line. Swings and roundabouts but I think we need more of movement.

hindy111

Post Whore
East coast merkins wanted to have lunch at 10:30 my time, when I had only just finished breakfast, and then they wanted to push through until finish. Now I'm eating beers.

East coast merkins wanted to have lunch at 10:30 my time, when I had only just finished breakfast, and then they wanted to push through until finish. Now I'm eating beers.

What did you eat for breakfast? I never eat breakfast. Perhaps some fruit.

Soto

Bench
The teams with better attack all have more current Origin players. Massive coincidence.
We had the 4th best attack 2 weeks ago. U spin whatever BS to suit ur argument. Do you ever listen yourself or proof read what you say before hitting post?
Apart from scoring 3 tries against a 12 man Titans side our attack has scored 6 tries in 4 games...(inclusive of the 2 against a 13 man Titans)
Just goes to show how horribly bad we are and have been against teams who play a rushing defence and leaves us with NFI how to attack.
Same thing happened in our loss to St.Merge earlier this year. We shit the bed.
Our attack right now is best described as inept or limp...

hindy111

Post Whore
We may or may not have. Can you prove that we would have?
I absolutely agree that we miss him, but we would have lost last night regardless of whether he played or not.
Maybe even last week. There is no way of proving we would have won either of those games if he'd played.
Sure, we may have been a better chance, but would we have won? You don't know that and neither do I.

I think we certainly beat Canberra. Unsure about Roosters. But Arthurs was very poor the first 40 mins. And that was where the game was lost. When he kicked on the 3rd with 60 seconds to go in the half for a line drop out I almost pulled my hair out.
It gave us 30 seconds from 35mtrs out rather then 2 shots on their line.

hindy111

Post Whore
Pensini may have more errors then Opacic. But he is also capable from what I have seen of creating points. It is one of those High risk options that could pay off I was talking about.
I'd probably stick with a similar side against Souths with inclusion of Moses. If we get flogged then I'd weild the axe and go down swinging.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
We had the 4th best attack 2 weeks ago. U spin whatever BS to suit ur argument. Do you ever listen yourself or proof read what you say before hitting post?
Apart from scoring 3 tries against a 12 man Titans side our attack has scored 6 tries in 4 games...(inclusive of the 2 against a 13 man Titans)
Just goes to show how horribly bad we are and have been against teams who play a rushing defence and leaves us with NFI how to attack.
Same thing happened in our loss to St.Merge earlier this year. We shit the bed.
Our attack right now is best described as inept or limp...
I agree we're missing Moses. If he doesn't return we can expect more of the same. We also have harder teams coming up, so we can expect to score fewer points than if we were playing weaker defences. I don't know why you need this explained to you. Or are you trying to explain it to me? After all this time do you really think I'm an idiot? I've proven over and over I understand the game. Maybe the rest of you do too, but unlike most of you, I don't get very emotional when we win or lose. It's just a game. I probably enjoy talking about it more than I enjoy watching it.

hindy111

Post Whore
I talked to Mik today and he said without Moses is like Penrith without Cleary. Both are just a different teams when missing them. You need their kicking game to pin other sides back and frustrate them into making errors.

Noise

Coach
Pensini may have more errors then Opacic. But he is also capable from what I have seen of creating points. It is one of those High risk options that could pay off I was talking about.
I'd probably stick with a similar side against Souths with inclusion of Moses. If we get flogged then I'd weild the axe and go down swinging.
There arent too many players with more errors than Opacic of late.

Latest posts