What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Coronavirus and NRL

Id say there’s a number of clubs who wouldn’t be too unhappy to call the season off at this point. Dream come true for us slumming it at the bottom of the table.

We can finish this season off in a dodgy pre season tournament next year with a 7 a side effort in Alice Springs.

But no one should expect any refunds.

The “Co vid cup” sponsored by a beer company.

Tell Pete I’ll pop in and book this for him over the next few weeks…

I’ll get mates rates…

images

Rabbit toes

First Grade
Apparently the horse racing is still going on in Brisbane today.

The thing that doesn't make sense to me is if the Qld government was serious, than the lockdown would be immediate not starting at a time in the future (4pm).

This lockdown is just for show.
A show of what?

sup42

Juniors
The real threat to the comp is what is happening in NSW.

I say that as an outsider. I see a lot of focus is on the QLD situation.

However, the Delta variant, if NSW cannot get it under control, will ultimately breach borders Australia wide.

That is it's pattern all over the world. The top countries for containing Covid have all been falling like domino's in the presence of the Delta variant...Vietnam being one of the most recent excellent Covid control countries to have it escape tight lock downs of the Capital and go country wide.

Tough times ahead for the NRL. NSW first and foremost have to win this fight or she is all on for all.

QLD are having an incursion by the enemy just now, NSW is in an all out war.

some11

Referee
The real threat to the comp is what is happening in NSW.

I say that as an outsider. I see a lot of focus is on the QLD situation.

However, the Delta variant, if NSW cannot get it under control, will ultimately breach borders Australia wide.

That is it's pattern all over the world. The top countries for containing Covid have all been falling like domino's in the presence of the Delta variant...Vietnam being one of the most recent excellent Covid control countries to have it escape tight lock downs of the Capital and go country wide.

Tough times ahead for the NRL. NSW first and foremost have to win this fight or she is all on for all.

QLD are having an incursion by the enemy just now, NSW is in an all out war.
Here here

mave

Coach
Lol. What a bunch of f**king clowns we have running the NRL. Apparently they asked the ACT government about hosting the rest of the round down here, but pulled out when the government asked to see a plan.

Bunch of f**king amateurs.

I eagerly await some evidence for this claim.

Reactions: Vee

Generalzod

Immortal
Lol. What a bunch of f**king clowns we have running the NRL. Apparently they asked the ACT government about hosting the rest of the round down here, but pulled out when the government asked to see a plan.

Bunch of f**king amateurs.
its all to do with money I guess..

skeepe

Immortal
I eagerly await some evidence for this claim.
Of course, my bad.
The NRL made the call to postpone all of Saturday's games, including the Raiders' one which was due to be played at Lang Park at 5.30pm.
They had opened discussions with the ACT government to shift the game to Canberra Stadium, with the hope to move all the remaining fixtures to the capital.
Townsville was also looked at as an option for the Raiders game.
The ACT government asked the NRL to put together a proposal, which chief health officer Kerryn Coleman would then have considered, but the governing body opted to postpone the games instead with the Canberra move now off the cards.