What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Sharks

Meth

Staff member
Good to get through last night without any glaring injuries, with a few coming back next week.

1- Walsh
2- Watene-Zelezniak
3- Berry/Pompey
4- Aitken
5- Montoya
6- Hiku
7- O'Sullivan
8- Fonua-Blake/Murdoch-Masila
9- Otukolo
10- Lodge
11- Katoa
12- Sironen
13- Curran

Res- Nikorima, Afoa, Tevaga, Murdoch-Masila/Evans

Sounds like Brown is keen to have Aitken in the second row again, but I'm not so keen. Our stocks are pretty thin in the centres, especially with Berry injured and Hiku playing the halves. Vailea looks a way off.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Anyone got anything on Fus?

Is he with the team? Is he still in camp? Is he going to have a run while we are decimated?

Or is he back in NZ?

Scott

Bench
Anyone got anything on Fus?

Is he with the team? Is he still in camp? Is he going to have a run while we are decimated?

Or is he back in NZ?
I'm pretty sure he is in NZ, and has been for at least 2 months. That is going by some Instagram stories from weeks back. He was at the Super Rugby Trans tasman final at Eden Park so that was a while ago.

Very very odd that nothing has come of it all. I'd assume he has played his last game for us.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I'm pretty sure he is in NZ, and has been for at least 2 months. That is going by some Instagram stories from weeks back. He was at the Super Rugby Trans tasman final at Eden Park so that was a while ago.

Very very odd that nothing has come of it all. I'd assume he has played his last game for us.
He was given leave to go home due to mental health issues wasn’t he? I’d assume the club will be waiting til the start of the preseason to see where he’s at to make a determination on his future, I’d guess.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
He was given leave to go home due to mental health issues wasn’t he? I’d assume the club will be waiting til the start of the preseason to see where he’s at to make a determination on his future, I’d guess.
I think all that came out of the club was his injury was more complex than thought and he hasn’t been spoken of again

I heard a whisper that week that he had played his last game for the Warriors, and there was a rumour about him ages ago which I won’t post on here which I don’t believe but could be a piece in the puzzle too

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I think all that came out of the club was his injury was more complex than thought and he hasn’t been spoken of again

I heard a whisper that week that he had played his last game for the Warriors, and there was a rumour about him ages ago which I won’t post on here which I don’t believe but could be a piece in the puzzle too
The club confirmed the mental health aspect after it was publicised by a journo, although they had been planning to keep that side of it quiet out of respect for his privacy.

SmashEmBro

Juniors
1- Walsh
2- Watene-Zelezniak
3- Hiku
4- Aitken
5- Montoya
6- Le Chad
7- O'Sullivan/CHT
8- Fonua-Blake
9- Otukolo
10- Lodge
11- Katoa
12- Curran
13- Sirro

Res- Nikorima, Afoa, Tevaga, Murdoch-Masila/Evans

I’ll tell you who’s going to be licking his lips - DWZ, having Hiku inside him for this week, should get put away by Hiku a couple of times.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
We would play Shaun, but he is currently in the shop for repairs, you know how it is.

Meth

Staff member

VODAFONE WARRIORS v CRONULLA-SUTHERLAND SHARKS​

3.00pm, Saturday, August 7, 2021

Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane

VODAFONE WARRIORS

1 REECE WALSH

2 DALLIN WATENE-ZELEZNIAK

3 PETA HIKU

4 VILIAMI VAILEA

5 MARCELO MONTOYA

6 CHANEL HARRIS-TAVITA

7 SEAN O’SULLIVAN

8 ADDIN FONUA-BLAKE (c)

9 JAZZ TEVAGA

10 MATT LODGE

11 EUAN AITKEN

12 JOSH CURRAN

13 BAYLEY SIRONEN

Interchange:

14 KODI NIKORIMA

15 BUNTY AFOA

16 KANE EVANS

17 ELIESA KATOA

18 JAMAYNE TAUNOA-BROWN

20 EDWARD KOSI

21 JACK MURCHIE

22 ADAM POMPEY

HEAD COACH | NATHAN BROWN

I liked Hiku at 6 last week.
Nikorima on bench as hooker worked well last week.
Sharks with a short turn around after the delay

10th halves combo

Rd1-2: CTH and Nikorima (1)
Rd 3- 6: O'Sullivan and Nikorima (2)
Rd 7: Sironen and Nikorima (3)
Rd 8 : Nikorima and Walsh (4)
Rd 9-14: Nikoirma and CHT (5)
Rd 15: O'Sullivan and Nikorima (2)
Rd 16: Townsend and O'Sullivan (6)
Rd 17: O'Sullivan and Nikoirma (2)
Rd 18: Townsend and RTS (7)
Rd 19: Townsend and Nikorima (8)
Rd 20: O'Sullivan and Hiku (9)
Rd 21: O'Sullivan and CHT (10)

Izz

Bench
Here's what i want to see out of CHT/SOS/Walsh this week. SOS allowed to direct the play like he did against Wests, CHT just playing direct, taking the line on, shortening the defence, and Walsh supporting up the middle & chiming in once halves have shortened the defensive line.

Don't mind seeing Vailea getting another game, either. Thought he did okay last week as yet another 18 y/o kid making his debut. Made some good reads, hit hard in his tackles. Obviously he's got plenty to work on but feels like he's smart enough to adapt in game

Latest posts